xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: What If...  (Read 234 times)

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
What If...
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2004, 08:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (Ween311 @ May 11 2004, 11:37 PM)
I never said I was justifying anything.  I am glad that the US will stand up for itself when innocent civilians are killed, even if other countries want to stand by and do nothing because of their convenient relationships with that country.  

Perhaps you might consider reading the last part of my post again.

Well then i guess you want to see the US step up and take over all of africa? right?

There are just as many innocent people killed their as in iraq.

melon

• Archived User
What If...
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2004, 11:41:00 PM »

there is no point arguing with nemt. I have wrote too many posts, all in detail and most with quotes or links backing it all up. His replys are always emotive and based on whatever Bush has said on tv the night before. He never takes me on, on what is bieng said he just corrects my spelling and says obviously you didnt take English!

Nemt you go on about the kurds. They were attacked years ago with American built wepons.

What are your opinions on the napalm used by the Americans in vietnam.

What are your opinions on the uranium shells used in both gulf wars by Us troops.
Ivelaready told you thousands of children have died from very rare cancers caused by the uranium.

What about American (and British), use of cluster bombs which if my memory serves me is illegal.

What about American use of landmines all over the world. My sister just came back from travelling around Cambodia and you cant go for a piis behind a bush because you might not come back.

Nemt reply to these points without saying America is not as bad as Saddam

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
What If...
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2004, 02:30:00 AM »

laugh.gif  )

Also, i dont beleive cluster bombs themselves are illegal, probably just fround upon as if used against one target among many, lots of civilian lives would be lost. They are good against some forms of APC's and light tanks, and against army barracks  wink.gif

Also, like helium was saying nemt, a country like Iraq would not have the means to destroy stockpiles and stockpiles of WMD in that amount of time, without leaving behind some traces (and by traces, i mean noticable ones, not small amaounts) or exposing the atmoshpere to the deadly chemicals (which, hard to beleive, we would be able to detect).
For example, the US currently had just built a special facility (took 5 years to build and were not even a 3rd world country) that will destroy a bunkers worth of biologically and chemically tipped warheads, and yet its still under political fire because theres chances it will leave behind small traces. And thats if we do everything right and take our time.

Argue what you want, but Iraq couldn't have destroyed those weapons that fast and with that type of technology  jester.gif

nemt

• Archived User
What If...
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2004, 03:22:00 AM »

It doesn't take a year to bury barrels of mustard gas, and it's not detectable.  No one said Saddam had nuclear weapons.  Every government in the first world had determined Saddam had chemical weapons, just because celebrities says he didn't doesn't make you correct.  The US never supplied Saddam with WMD, despite what liberals like to tell you.  The vast majority of Iraqi weaponry, conventional and otherwise, is Soviet surplus.

Why am I even bothering replying to you idiots?  It's not like the facts matter to any of you liberals.

melon

• Archived User
What If...
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2004, 04:14:00 AM »

WRONG AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

melon

• Archived User
What If...
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2004, 08:23:00 AM »

What no stupid comment from Nemt?
I thought you would of said its all lies and pixies give Saddam the stuff.

Ween311

• Archived User
What If...
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2004, 08:34:00 AM »

Sorry, my mom said I couldn't play in the sandbox with you

melon

• Archived User
What If...
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2004, 09:32:00 AM »

Ween what did your post add to this debate?
there are too many people on this forum who just say stupid things.
At least people like BJ will argue using reasoning even if i dont belive a lot of what he says to be right.

Go away, if your going to make stupid posts dont!

This is a political forum for people with political opinions and ideas. We are not always going to agree but it is healthy debate.

I hate writing something i feel makes valid points and provides some evidence to back them up just for some (wont swear), person to go, your a hippy or some other stupid remark.

Argue validly or dont do anything. im sure people who disagree with what i say will agree with me on this point.

Does anyone want to comment on what the conversation was about?
Weapons supplied by the US and UK + others to Saddam.

HeLiuM

• Archived User
What If...
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2004, 11:12:00 AM »

don't expect nemt to give you a real reply to that melon, he doesn't know what to do when faced with an argument (he just calls you stupid and runs away).  My bet is if he does reply, he'll pretend you never mentioned any of that at all and attack either your grammar, or a weaker point someone else brought up (a common tactic of bush supporters).

Ween311

• Archived User
What If...
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2004, 11:12:00 AM »

Well, excuse me.  I thought that my posts made perfect sense.  I also gave quotes and evidence to back up what I was saying.  

I just came to the realization that we will never agree.  You have not changed my opinion and I am sure that nothing I have written has changed your opinion.  Hence the fact that I am not playing anymore.

Hercules Q Einstein

• Archived User
What If...
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2004, 11:14:00 AM »

Yeah i agree with what melon said about nemt. Personaly i was for the war (although i do think bush misleads the US alittle, it still had to be done), but even i think anything nemt says is worthless. He must be the most close minded republican in the history of the world, i think even bush would tell him to calm down. I also agree that he never seems to debate anyone who makes a point and instead spits lines of pro-war propaganda (i cant stand propaganda even if i agree with it) most likely heard from fox news.

Ween311

• Archived User
What If...
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2004, 11:26:00 AM »

Well, the thing is....even you don't agree with the war (it seems pointless to debate if you are for or against because everyone has a strong opinion about it) that we are in a war.  We have to finish it.  We can not just pull all of our troops out and say, "OK. Game Over."  That won't work.  

We should all have the freedom to say what we want to any time we want to, but at some point the partison politics should come to a halt so that the country can unite until some resolution has been reached.  It does no one any good that the liberal media constantly berates the President.  It does no one any good that conservatives constantly rip on the liberals. We all are aware of the mess that our country is in right now and I don't think that our enemy needs to see how our country can't even agree on basic principles.  The media shows them this everyday.  For the last week and a half, all we see on our news shows and in the newspaper is how bad America is and how a few soldiers tortured prisoners.  The liberals are calling for resignations.  The conservatives try to say its no big deal.  We should have the soldiers tried (which is being done) and make sure that it does not continue to happen and end of story.  Let's get back to finishing the job.

What makes our country so great is that US Citizens have always pulled together in times of need to get shit done and we need to do it again now.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
What If...
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

melon

• Archived User
What If...
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2004, 12:40:00 PM »

Thats exactly the argument used during the Vietnam war.

Ween311

• Archived User
What If...
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2004, 01:36:00 PM »

I think that you missed the whole point of my post.  I said that the conservatives should stop ripping on the whole liberals as well.  Bipartisonship is what makes this country great but it also is ripping this country apart.  I never said that we should have limited freedom.  I don't know how you arrived at that conclusion from my post, but it is a wrong assumption.  I never said that we shouldn't be able to protest what we believe is wrong, but there are ways to protest without blasting it all over the media for the other side to see.  Do you think reporters in Iraq show on Al-Jazeer (sp) the Iraqis that are glad our troops are there?  No, they want to present a unified front.  And it is working.
Pages: 1 [2] 3