xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Tv Censorship  (Read 89 times)

shanafan

• Archived User
Tv Censorship
« on: April 13, 2004, 04:54:00 PM »

Training Day is on USA atm. And, USA has cut out the words "shit", "fuck", etc. but they leave "nigger" in? I highly would put that word with the previous curses, but USA didn't.

Now, did the cable network edit the movie to their standards, or can this verison be played on NBC for example?

Heet

• Archived User
Tv Censorship
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 07:21:00 PM »

Nigger is no more a curse word than "cracker".  They are surely inflammatory and derogatory, but not explatives.  Also, Ive noticed that if the black person says nigger its left in, if a white person says it is axed.  Racism in itself actually.

scorpionking77

• Archived User
Tv Censorship
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 09:22:00 PM »

wink.gif

there is a diffrence

Ween311

• Archived User
Tv Censorship
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 11:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (scorpionking77 @ Apr 14 2004, 06:22 AM)
its pronounce nigga, leave the ger off. sounds worse when your properly say it wink.gif

there is a diffrence

I don't think it should be said either way.  People have the right to say what they want to, but a racial slur is a racial slur any way you say it.  I don't subscribe to the belief that its ok for black people to say it, but not other races either.  That's retarded.  It's a derogatory remark that has no place in today's society.

scorpionking77

• Archived User
Tv Censorship
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 12:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (Ween311 @ Apr 14 2004, 08:15 PM)
I don't think it should be said either way.  People have the right to say what they want to, but a racial slur is a racial slur any way you say it.  I don't subscribe to the belief that its ok for black people to say it, but not other races either.  That's retarded.  It's a derogatory remark that has no place in today's society.

i agree with you, unfortnately there is a diffrence in the context on how it is express from black people and how it is express from white people.  but why they bleep all the other words and maintain that word is a head scratcher cause i thought it was forbibben either way  but i have seen a movie when it has the "ger" on the end was bleep.  but i have notice on comdey centeral on dave chapplle show that they didnt bleep it out but bleep everything else out which confused me.

But i feel like this when the word "Nigger" comes out of a non-white person specifically white(causian) people it will  always be associated with hatred and violence considering the history between black and White in this country so naturally when a white person says it , it has a diffrent feel to it. Not every black person agrees with the use of the word specifically the ones who dealt with it during the civil rights era  compared to now.  One day it will be erased hopefully but the day that happens is the day not just blacks but all people of color is accepted and treated better in this country. till then dont worry about it.