xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: How Much Would Bush Have To Pay You To Get You To  (Read 517 times)

Booger Bob

• Archived User
How Much Would Bush Have To Pay You To Get You To
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2003, 04:56:00 PM »

Not all muslims are fundamentalists but majority of the terrorist actions are carried out by muslims

alf

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2003, 06:34:00 PM »

user posted image

Drunken Uncle

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2003, 09:14:00 PM »

QUOTE (alikaz @ Sep 2 2003, 09:01 PM)
thank you

beerchug.gif

and Booger Bob, that may be true depending on what the definition of "terrorism" is. The media was quick to point blame to fundamentalist muslims when the OKC federal building was blown up, but it was carried out by a homegrown nut. I think the majority of anti united states terrorism is in fact carried out by muslims, but if you look at our track record with the majority of countries in that region, its not really suprising they have animosity towards us.

Colonel32

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2003, 10:58:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

mirx999

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2003, 02:27:00 PM »

I personally think that Israel is a joke.  That land belonged to the Palestinians and they were forced out because the jews went crying to the US after WWII.  I think taking land from the Palestinians in the first place was bullshit, and the easiest way for the conflict is for the israelis to leave.  my $0.02....let the flaming begin.

smokeingit

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2003, 02:30:00 PM »

QUOTE (mirx999 @ Sep 6 2003, 03:27 PM)
I personally think that Israel is a joke.  That land belonged to the Palestinians and they were forced out because the jews went crying to the US after WWII.  I think taking land from the Palestinians in the first place was bullshit, and the easiest way for the conflict is for the israelis to leave.  my $0.02....let the flaming begin.

do you even know the truth? it was israels land way before that. it belonged to them until the romans killed them off the land and the settlers decided to move in. they had it sense the start of time until 150AD then got it back in the 1950's. know your history.

Captain Jack

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2003, 06:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (smokeingit @ Sep 6 2003, 06:30 PM)
QUOTE (mirx999 @ Sep 6 2003, 03:27 PM)
I personally think that Israel is a joke.  That land belonged to the Palestinians and they were forced out because the jews went crying to the US after WWII.  I think taking land from the Palestinians in the first place was bullshit, and the easiest way for the conflict is for the israelis to leave.  my $0.02....let the flaming begin. 

do you even know the truth? it was israels land way before that. it belonged to them until the romans killed them off the land and the settlers decided to move in. they had it sense the start of time until 150AD then got it back in the 1950's. know your history. 

Yes, I know Canaan "belonged" to them and it was the promised land, but I don't consider the bible (or any other religious book) a source of historic fact.

you have some problems then if you dont beleive in the bible
it is more accurate then any history book

Maestro

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2003, 08:25:00 PM »

I personally think that Israel is a joke. That land belonged to the Palestinians and they were forced out because the jews went crying to the US after WWII. I think taking land from the Palestinians in the first place was bullshit, and the easiest way for the conflict is for the israelis to leave. my $0.02....let the flaming begin

And I suppose we (all non-native americans living in the US) should go back to europe as well?

Colonel32

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2003, 10:48:00 PM »

you have some problems then if you dont beleive in the bible
it is more accurate then any history book

Care to elaborate on this at all  laugh.gif

I'm not smashing your belief but where the hell would u get the idea that "history records" would be less accurate than an unauthored book with several revisions thru the years

and the easiest way for the conflict is for the israelis to leave. my $0.02

easiest way to resolve the conflict is for the israelis to share and for the palestinians to quit blowing shit up when they don't!
sounds harsh and i am a large supporter of the palestinian plight but retaliation hasn't worked for 50 yrs its time to try something else   beerchug.gif My o2 cents

Lizard_King

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2003, 11:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (mirx999 @ Sep 6 2003, 10:01 PM)
Yes, I know Canaan "belonged" to them and it was the promised land, but I don't consider the bible (or any other religious book) a source of historic fact.

Well, to be strict about it, Canaan belonged (surprise!) to the Canaanites before they were crushed by the Jews.  Mind you, I'd say more than a couple of centuries gives them as much "squatter's rights" as anyone else, and they have certainly earned it in blood and treasure this century.  

While the Bible is in a format that is difficult to compare directly as a historical source, it cross-references much of the time (that is, obviously focusing on the less god/miracle/philosophy portions) with what little we know.  And that is really what it comes down to, what people are taught as "fact" in terms of anything further back than mideival times is just the best educated guess, and sometimes not even the best one.  So, it's as good a source as any other.

Hey Colonel...you're sounding way too moderate these days.  Can't I get at least a Zionist conspiracy out of you?  Come on, just one.... laugh.gif

drahz

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2003, 11:41:00 AM »

he is buying votes with his tax cut, you know!

not only that but I herd that the more money that is in cerculation the LESS VALUE the doller has.  

If that's true wouldn't giving out a tax cut make the economy worse?

I'm just a high school drop out what do I know!

LEGALIZE IT,
drahz

smokeingit

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2003, 11:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (ivans_dc @ Aug 28 2003, 10:42 PM)
i mean honestly, if he came a nocking at your door begginf for your vote...  jester.gif i would pay him to see him going door to door

until the Democrats get someone worthy electing none of the current candidates (there all a joke) bush can have my free vote. a better question is. how much would you have to get paid to live in canada

mirx999

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2003, 12:29:00 PM »

QUOTE (smokeingit @ Sep 8 2003, 03:50 PM)
QUOTE (ivans_dc @ Aug 28 2003, 10:42 PM)
i mean honestly, if he came a nocking at your door begginf for your vote...  jester.gif i would pay him to see him going door to door

until the Democrats get someone worthy electing none of the current candidates (there all a joke) bush can have my free vote. a better question is. how much would you have to get paid to live in canada

I agree, though bush did a pretty shitty job in his presidential run (another 87 billion dollar request came in yesterday ph34r.gif ) he's a lot better than any of the democrat candidates i've seen.

Lizard_King

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2003, 01:11:00 AM »

QUOTE (drahz @ Sep 8 2003, 03:41 PM)
he is buying votes with his tax cut, you know!

not only that but I herd that the more money that is in cerculation the LESS VALUE the doller has.  

If that's true wouldn't giving out a tax cut make the economy worse?

You've got several related but not cause-and-effect things mixed up there.  On the one hand, if the government prints more money without a corresponding growth in that country's economic base, you get inflation (to oversimplify radically), in which literally money is worth less.  Now, a weaker currency can actually be good or bad, depending on the country's particular situation (if you're a net exporter, for instance, weaker home currency gives you an advantage), but to generalize broadly it is not necessarily better or worse so long as it happens in moderation.
Now, there's a lot of controversy around tax cuts.  Some argue that allowing people to decide what to do with their own money is a more effective way to stimulate the economy, some think the government should take even more of the money and redistribute it in ways it thinks are best for the country.  But that is irrelevant to your question; a tax cut does increase the amount of private funds, but not the overall money supply.  So it cannot be a direct cause of money devaluation.

As for "buying" votes, that's what all politicians in a democracy do with their actions.  Don't think it makes Bush special in that regard.

As for why I will continue to support Bush, it is because those that would replace him are incompatible with my core beliefs.  Bush doesn't do a whole lot to defend them, either, but he is not actively trying to destroy them.  For every glimmer of hope like Dean's support for gun rights, there are a thousand dumbass catastrophes waiting in the wings.  I'm not going to try to vote in something worse just to spite the mediocre one that came before.

Hammy

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2003, 03:30:00 AM »

I would not accept any amount of money to vote for a bloody bullshitting arsehole war monger like bush,Bush said that iraq had nukes and he was bullshitting as he does and got americia into a war,I love The USA but i draw the line with bullshitting leaders like bush and now he will put all yanks at risk
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]