xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Religion  (Read 577 times)

Novahux

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2003, 02:33:00 AM »

QUOTE (Hammy @ Apr 26 2003, 08:02 AM)
Religion was invented to controll sheep which 99% of dicks on this planet earth are. I you think for yourself you would not believe in any Religion.As i have said before,we are all just the highest form of animal on this planet and there is no bullshit god or satan as these 2 were created to conroll people that don't think for themselfs 

Big Note To GOD. If you do exist strike my down right now and if i post to this xbox scene tomorrow then god does not exist as i have always thought,In other words Fuck you God and Fuck you satan.

I believe that when you die that that is it as there is not heaven and no hell,Wake people and think for yourselfs,When it comes down to it we are just animals and nothing special   

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  , Jesus Hammy don't you believe anything from ancient times, Hell you probably think the earth is round and revolves around the sun. Your parents must have skipped their brainwashing classes at the local church. Shame on them  jester.gif

Lizard_King

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #61 on: April 26, 2003, 04:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (Novahux @ Apr 26 2003, 11:33 AM)
laugh.gif  laugh.gif  , Jesus Hammy don't you believe anything from ancient times, Hell you probably think the earth is round and revolves around the sun. Your parents must have skipped their brainwashing classes at the local church. Shame on them  jester.gif

Blind hatred and contempt for your fellow man is no superior to the most primitive superstition.

SupeRdUPErBlakE

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #62 on: April 26, 2003, 06:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (capninsano @ Apr 26 2003, 05:18 AM)
Like I said in my first post...the earth is BILLIONS of years old. You don't suppose...I dunno, maybe just once, there was a large flood??? Of course there was. Half of the world was under water at one point. Just because there was a large flood once doesn't prove anything.

How do you think he got male and female of every species on an ark. It's complete and utter BS! That means he had over a billlion different species on the ark!

The earth is around 8,000 years old. And he got 2 of each kind of animal. Not each type of each species. He only brought 2 spiders, 2 turtles, 2 sheep......get it? And the ark was HUGE so it is 100% possible.

Novahux

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2003, 06:27:00 AM »

The earth is around 8,000 years old. And he got 2 of each kind of animal. Not each type of each species. He only brought 2 spiders, 2 turtles, 2 sheep......get it? And the ark was HUGE so it is 100% possible.

Each animal had there own double bed cabin with onsuite, prestige animals like the lion had balcony views with invitation to dine at Noahs table.   jester.gif

The true story was, Noah was just some demented freak who built a boat. Filled if with animals he stole from nearby farms.
After the boat sat in the dry-docks for 40 days and forty nights, Him and the poor animals then died from a massive methane gas explosion, as he forgot to ventilate the sewer pit.
jester.gif

flagg

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2003, 09:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (SupeRdUPErBlakE @ Apr 26 2003, 02:09 PM)
Like I said in my first post...the earth is BILLIONS of years old. You don't suppose...I dunno, maybe just once, there was a large flood??? Of course there was. Half of the world was under water at one point. Just because there was a large flood once doesn't prove anything.

How do you think he got male and female of every species on an ark. It's complete and utter BS! That means he had over a billlion different species on the ark!

Rather than going back and forth with ya, let me ask a couple of questions.

What do you think about gay people?
What do you think about sex for other than pro-creation (i.e for fun)
What do you think about people who piece and tatoo their body?
What do you think about peope who drink and do drugs?  

Not all of these questions apply to me, but I am going somewhere with this.

capninsano

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2003, 10:07:00 AM »

The earth is around 8,000 years old

If the earth is around 8,000 years old, I would like to know where you got that information, because it's full of shit lol

SupeRdUPErBlakE

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2003, 11:06:00 AM »

QUOTE (flagg @ Apr 26 2003, 06:15 PM)
QUOTE (SupeRdUPErBlakE @ Apr 26 2003, 02:09 PM)

Rather than going back and forth with ya, let me ask a couple of questions.

What do you think about gay people?
What do you think about sex for other than pro-creation (i.e for fun)
What do you think about people who piece and tatoo their body?
What do you think about peope who drink and do drugs?  

Not all of these questions apply to me, but I am going somewhere with this.

I think gay people are messed up.

I think that if its your wife, sex for fun is ok...

People who peirce and tattoo there body do what they want. I don't find it bad at all! beerchug.gif

I don't really find drinking and drugs bad either, I don't do them, but if someone does there only destroying there own body. So....yeah, its nice to know that if you are a christian though, you want to stay as far away from that as possible, because your body is the temple...and if its the temple I doubt you want your body to be all messed up with drugs and alchohol...

capninsano

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2003, 11:19:00 AM »

Duck and cover, as you will likely be facing a veritable mountain of pseudo-science in a little while. If there are two kinds of people that really bother me, one would have to be scientists that try to "disprove" a Christian's faith and the other Christians that try to use science to "prove" their faith.

I'm using science to prove a point....the earth has been around for so long that a large flood once in that time period is without a doubt possible.

SupeRdUPErBlakE

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #68 on: April 26, 2003, 11:35:00 AM »

QUOTE (capninsano @ Apr 26 2003, 08:19 PM)
Duck and cover, as you will likely be facing a veritable mountain of pseudo-science in a little while. If there are two kinds of people that really bother me, one would have to be scientists that try to "disprove" a Christian's faith and the other Christians that try to use science to "prove" their faith.

I'm using science to prove a point....the earth has been around for so long that a large flood once in that time period is without a doubt possible.

Yeah, and earth being 8000 years old is as well VERY possible to have had a flood. You know it also mentions the ice age in the bible...

flagg

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2003, 11:42:00 AM »

I think gay people are messed up.

This little comment right here defines ignorance to a "t"

I think that if its your wife, sex for fun is ok...

Sex is a natural expression of lust.  Pure and simple.   Isn't lust one of the seven sins? That aside, just because you are not married does not make it wrong.

I don't really find drinking and drugs bad either, I don't do them, but if someone does there only destroying there own body. So....yeah, its nice to know that if you are a christian though, you want to stay as far away from that as possible, because your body is the temple...and if its the temple I doubt you want your body to be all messed up with drugs and alchohol...

While I do agree with the body being a temple (for other reasons, not religious)  I think you are missing out on a great part of life by denying yourself these things.  Now Im not saying that to live a meaningful life you need to take every drug and drink like a sailor, however, (I don't know your age) if your in college your just going to do academics?  No fun? What about a frat party, getting drunk and puking, hooking up with a random chick that you just find attractive.  Believe it or not while these things may seem stupid but I think they are a big part of lifes experiences.  They don't hurt anybody, and all of them contribute to you being a well-rounded memeber of society.   Jesus or god or whatever gave you free will, (not to mention a brain)  if there is a god wouldnt he want you to live your life to the fullest? As long as your not hurting kids or killing people, whats wrong with that?

MartialXboxArtist

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2003, 12:49:00 PM »

laugh.gif

Lizard_King

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2003, 12:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (MartialXboxArtist @ Apr 26 2003, 09:49 PM)
Any religion saying SEX is eveil, then they are ALL evil since SEX was what created their @ss.  laugh.gif

I don't know of *any* religion that says that.  But we'll just tack that non-sequiter onto your long list...

gainpresence

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2003, 12:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (MartialXboxArtist @ Apr 26 2003, 02:49 PM)
Any religion saying SEX is eveil, then they are ALL evil since SEX was what created their @ss.  laugh.gif

No religion that I know of says sex is evil..

EDIT: uh... yeah... what LK said..

Mage

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2003, 01:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (MartialXboxArtist @ Apr 26 2003, 02:04 PM)
Sex before marriage? I'm sure you've heard of that. You're just another person on my list that I am beginning not have any respect for. You don't know EVERYTHING. I did respect you for your knowledge, but the way you put people down for their comments is jumping the gun. I can see who's a GROUPIE on here that backs each other up even when they're wrong.. All I can say is INCOMPETENT... 

Hurry and reply back to my post and don't forget to shove in HIGH CALIBER WORDS to make yourself look cool..  ACTION speaks louder than words... ALWAYS... 

As if that means much to anyone here?  jester.gif
Seriously, he's critical of your wording saying they say sex is evil.
I don't know of many religions outside of cults that would say sex is evil.
They can say that pre-marital sex is bad, but that isn't the same thing as saying sex is evil.
Even you know that.

SupeRdUPErBlakE

• Archived User
Religion
« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2003, 01:29:00 PM »

QUOTE (bonk @ Apr 24 2003, 10:34 PM)
First of all, I'd like to say I'm not a huge expert on this stuff, there are plenty of better resources.  I'll just try to sum up some of what I've learned.

It's easy for people to say that believing in God can only be done in faith and that there is no evidence.  While faith in God is important, there is evidence.

Let's take the position of the Earth for example.  The earth is located in one of the spiral points in the milky way galaxy, just on the edge of the spiral.  This is one of the few points where many of the stars and planets are not being shifted around a lot, it is one of the more stable points.  Most of the other stars end up going in and out of the spirals, coliding and such.  In our solar system, the earth is at just the right distance to keep us nicely warm but not too hot.  The angle of rotation keeps the seasons going and some other factors.  The moon helps to regulate that angle and the rotation (to prevent the earth from not spinning).  There are other things, but this just shows how super slight of a margin it is for the earth to be positioned the way it is.  And then for it to have an atmosphere and sustain life? It's almost like someone had put it here on purpose.

As for religion, it's probably most certain that some are created to control people.  Many religions have branched off of each other because of the nature of people to be different and such.  But I do believe there is one true religion, Christianity.  Now, I feel that many forms of Christianity have gone away from how it was established.  Catholicism and others put a lot of emphasis on works and how many can do good to get into heaven, which is not what is told in the Bible.  

The Bible tells of how man, since Adam and Eve, is born evil.  God created "the Law" to describe what is called sin (yeah, people don't like that word).  Sin is anything that is disapproved by God and is sepate from God.  Every person's true nature is to sin.  In the old testiment period, people would offer sacrifices in the form of sheep etc to pay for their sin.  They knew they had done wrong and something had to be done about it.

It wasn't until around 4-6 bc that the ultimate sacrifice for sin was born, Jesus Christ.  Unknowing to his followers at the time, Jesus would become the one final sacrifice for all sin.  Jesus, which is a part of God and was sent by God, humbled himself and became a man.  As a part of God, he could not sin.  So his death through the cross proved to be the perfect sacrifice.  He who had no sin came into the world to pay for the sin. But he did not stop there, on the third day he was raised from the grave and showed himself to many.  His return showed that sin was defeated.

Christianity is different than other religions in that it is not about going to church, doing good things or being a good person.  It's all about establishing a relationship with God and Jesus Christ.  Other religions says that being a good person and doing good are what's needed to live on, but with Christianity, it's about the relationship.  We have all sinned and done wrong, which separates us from God, therefore we must turn from our ways and accept Jesus and God as the savior and only true living God.  

Now, there is historical evidence that Jesus was resurrected and returned, this also separates Christianity from other religions.  Several points include:

1. Empty Tomb -- No one could produce a body after the disciples claimed he had risen
2. Eye Witness Accounts -- Outside of the Bible, a Jewish man called Jesphus (sp?) (an opposer to Christianity) wrote about him and also a roman soldier (can't think of the name right now) mentioned him not long after all of this.
3. Lives changed -- Paul and other people dramatically changed their lives AFTER the ressurction, which showed that there was something to this man named Jesus.

I think that's it biggrin.gif

Oh, and bonk makes GREAT points. smile.gif
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6