xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Bomb Iraq Or France?  (Read 784 times)

Teralus

• Archived User
Bomb Iraq Or France?
« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2003, 03:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (Lizard_King @ Feb 18 2003, 12:55 PM)
You should take some time to think and stop trying to use so many big words to make yourself feel smart. Me disagreeing with the US on there war in Iraq doesn’t mean I disagree with Bill Gates/MS on there policy on making consoles....I can disagree with one aspect of your country and agree with another.

A country you just characterized as a fat kid you are using for your amusement and profit is not just one you disagree with. It is one you do not respect.  Which is fine, so long as you are consistent about your beliefs. You fail to see that the same mentality that gives you the xbox brings us to the threshold of war with Iraq.  

.I laugh at Americans because the things they do and the way that they are......and I will criticize you too......But when it comes down to it.......I don't sharing your products or sharing the good things you provide.

You remain a spoiled brat.  The good things we provide are not just video game systems, it is the fact that you are not currently living in a Communist or Fascist country.  It is the huge role that we play in the world economy as a whole, that is at least partially responsible for the high standard of living of New Zealand.  It is the many inventions and products that make modern living possible.  

They are all part of the same entirety.  Now America has to fulfil its responsibilities.  It made a ceasefire with Saddam with certain stipulations, that when broken have serious consequences in the future for ourselves, our allies, and the region as a whole.

Lizard King thinks I should sell my Xbox - and sit in the corner and start being thankful for all that America has given me....I mean how can I possibly disagree with Americas policy on Iraq...and also disagree that America should bomb France and still use my Xbox an American product (note the sarcasm)......Maybe I should stop watching all my favourite shows too....South Park/ Family Guy/ Simpsons.......

Lizard Boy...you are a nut...If you truly believe that America has provided so much for me that I should just shut my mouth and sit back well America bombs away and fucks everything up.....then you are really a nut.......I can disagree with what ever the fuck I want to too....you see in these democratic governments people are not meant to agree on everything......And I certainly don’t agree that France should be bomb....You Blab on like you think you are some sort of Smart ass.....then go around making blatantly racists calls in other posts....You are the hypocrite here. Your a Hypocrite and a complete nut.

Raised

• Archived User
Bomb Iraq Or France?
« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2003, 04:05:00 PM »

Great post FredC.

Lizard_King

• Archived User
Bomb Iraq Or France?
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2003, 04:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (FredC @ Feb 18 2003, 03:10 PM)
As I told you via PM, what upsets me in this thread is that a retard guy suggests to bomb both France and Irak, just because France doesn't agree with Bush.
This is a totally fanatical approach, which doesn't match at all the open minded and mature atmosphere of this forum.

Well, I may be giving the maker of this thread too much credit, but I think it is fairly obvious that he meant "bomb France" in a satirical manner.  I don't think anyone here seriously means to imply that the US should attack France, and in fact I have yet to see evidence of anything other than purely satirical mockery of the French.  Which is funny, and goes both ways, just as the French have no hesitation about mocking us.  I don't think you do yourself much good by taking it so seriously.

I was really surprised to see that the moderators didn't delete this poll, which was conveying many xenophobic and racist messages, but when I saw that some moderators didn't like Frenchies too, just because they were Frenchies, then I understood better.

Well, I think the mods take seriously that only outright flaming, unscrupulous advertising, and piracy chat is censored.  Pretty much everything else goes.  So the same general Forum that has a thread on bombing France has one on "How many Jews are running the US government", despite its explicitly racist connotations.  I actually consider that very admirable on the part of the mods, as it permits a degree of free speech not usually available on internet forums.  And again, I seriously doubt that there are very many *actually* racist anti-French people running around here; 99% of it is just people talking out of their ass.

For instance, the thread on the French Military that I put in the Comedy section, which has been taken by some luminaries on this forum to be blatant racist: I could completely understand why someone would take it as offensive and I would be happy to explain why something like that is funny to me despite its only passing attachment to fact.   We all *know* that such a biased and obviously satirical post could not possibly reflect the very complicated and interesting history of the French military, and that it is far from accurate.  But much like endless reposts of "Bush is an idiot" bring a laugh to people that currently oppose his stances, similar posts about the French bring levity to the rather tense relationship between us at the moment.

The real question is : Who is right today ? French people don't know, since USA didn't manage to show us enough proofs. It's up to the USA to convince us, because for now, the life of civilians is more important to us (at least to me). If tomorrow, we have the real proof that Saddam has mass destruction weapons, then of course, we will change our minds.
But by seeing the power of the USA intelligence, I really think that if these proofs were existing, they would already have found it. My 2 cents, though.

Well, I do think that it takes a heavy degree of naivete to contend that Iraq is not hiding weapons of mass destruction.  I think everything in the behaviour Hussein's regime has exhibited, in tolerating sanctions and bombings, and  the current highly precarious goading of the US is pretty indicative of the fact that Hussein not only has some already that he is trying to hide, but is trying to create nuclear weapons.  It makes sense and its the only rational explanation for the countries conduct, even if you don't believe Secretary Powell over Hussein's word.

I would add, though, that I seriously doubt that the US will prioritize French opinion over any plans it may have already made.  You say Chirac is Chirac, and will do as he pleases; well, do you think his words are not taken as representative of your nation? Is that the face you wish to give the world, the same face that appears in this picture below (at far right), visiting a French nucler installation in 1975 with none other than Saddam Hussein?

user posted image

Also, it seems the Eastern Europeans don't like being told what to do.

Lizard_King

• Archived User
Bomb Iraq Or France?
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2003, 04:58:00 PM »

I can disagree with what ever the fuck I want to too....you see in these democratic governments people are not meant to agree on everything

That's true, and it is part of the critical problem of democracy...what do you do when the underqualified decide they want to run things?  What happens when people realize they can *vote* themselves benefits?  I guess that's why when the Greeks came up with the term Democracy, they meant it as a negative political system, essentially summarized as the tyranny of the masses.  Which is why I am glad that the United States remains, for the most part, a republic and not yet a democracy.

Teralus, I actually don't think you should boycott any of these things, nor would I want you to.  The only reason I brought it up is because I was rather surprised at your anger and contempt for America, and I was curious to what degree it extended.  I still think your criticism of America's strong policy now is based at least partially on a desire to ignore how such strength on the part of America was crucial to the survival of any sort of free world as we know it, and I question how sincere such a hatred for America can be.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]