xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Bomb Iraq Or France?  (Read 785 times)

FredC

• Archived User
Bomb Iraq Or France?
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2003, 08:53:00 AM »

wink.gif ). What we hate is that Mr Bush thinks he can do everything he wants, and that everybody should agree with him, as if his will was God's will.  
We are grateful to Americans for helping us during the World Wars, but that is not the issue. Yes we know what a war is, and all the atrocities that can be done during a global conflict, and that's why we consider each war very seriously and carefully.
If a war is legitimate, we will of course help the USA, but frankly, until now, the reasons for war seem more political and economical, rather than anything else. Killing people for oil is not what we consider as justice.

gabvey

• Archived User
Bomb Iraq Or France?
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2003, 08:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (DaGamePimp @ Feb 17 2003, 04:59 PM)
I don't feel as though either Country should be bombed . sad.gif
Certainly not France , they do this type of thing every time there is an international crisis . They just like to feel as if they have some sort of Power over the USA - since we all know they hate the USA and it's people [ if you are American and have been to France then you know what I am talking about ] .

I mostly do agree with you.
Just on point. French people dont hate American. But if you went to France you may have encountered thoses issues:
- Most french people dont speak English at all
- French people dont welcome newcomers the way Us people do. We leave them alone. It is the same, wether you are french, english, or american. I know from American friend that this is very disturbing.

Gabriel

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Bomb Iraq Or France?
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2003, 09:15:00 AM »

Tu parles Francais ? Cool, tu as compris la chanson de G Brassens alors. Un point pour ton education alors !

I speak a little french but not enough to impress anyone.

Je parle français mais impressionner pas assez n'importe qui. Veuillez pardonner mon français faible. Je le crois est plutôt grossier pour parler français publiquement dans un forum anglais.

One need to know some French in order to BRIBE the French Police in QUEBEC!

French Cops are Crooked...  

La police française... particulièrement au QUÉBEC. est des escrocs et des hommes de con. Elle devrait être accrochée de l'arbre le plus proche! Les issues de langue de French/English de cette province sont ridicules. J'espère un certain jour que le Français est finalement supprimé. Svp, pardonnez mon français faible. car ce n'est pas ma première langue!

vincent_y79

• Archived User
Bomb Iraq Or France?
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2003, 09:42:00 AM »

QUOTE (Teralus @ Feb 17 2003, 06:33 AM)
You forgot to put USA - I would rahter see them take a bomb than France!!

I hope youre kidding  dry.gif

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
Bomb Iraq Or France?
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2003, 09:48:00 AM »

QUOTE (vincent_y79 @ Feb 17 2003, 05:42 PM)

i second that  dry.gif

ybu

• Archived User
Bomb Iraq Or France?
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2003, 09:53:00 AM »

By the way have you ever heard about "la bataille de la marne" ?

laugh.gif  

what???  world is not only USA ???

wink.gif

gabvey

• Archived User
Bomb Iraq Or France?
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2003, 09:57:00 AM »

QUOTE (ybu @ Feb 17 2003, 06:53 PM)

By the way have you ever heard about "la bataille de la marne" ?

laugh.gif  

what???  world is not only USA ???

wink.gif

Lol

FredC

• Archived User
Bomb Iraq Or France?
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2003, 10:09:00 AM »

Thanks Gabey for refreshing our memories.

My grand-grand-father died during this battle.

It's good to consider World Wars from another point of view than "Band Of Brothers"

Lizard_King

• Archived User
Bomb Iraq Or France?
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2003, 11:13:00 AM »

bla bla bla France is noble for being "anti-war", etc

Their anti-war stance is just a small aspect of their broader anti-American campaign, much like with Germany.  They only like wars when they get to start them.

Want to talk about French motivations with Iraq?  Fine. Here you go.

And they talk of peace

National Post | February 13 2003 | Andrew Coyne

Having liberated France from the Germans, and having sheltered the Germans for 40-odd years from the Russians, and having poured billions of dollars into rescuing the Russians from themselves, the United States now finds, as it races to protect its own citizens from madmen with doomsday weapons, its most implacable foes are ... France, Germany and Russia. You know, the peace lobby.

I will leave it to others to speculate on the motives of these three nations, or to discuss their qualifications to lecture others on the evils of interventionism. (A poll shows 57% of Germans agree with the statement that Americans are "a nation of warmongers." Two, three, four ...) What is unarguable is that their hostility to any effort to rein in Saddam Hussein was in evidence long before this crisis; it has nothing to do with questions of peace or war.

When the issue was sanctions, they were against sanctions. When the issue was inspections, they were against inspections. And while they now profess to favour disarmament, they have not only consistently opposed any practical measure to effect it over the years, they have themselves been Saddam's chief suppliers of weapons of mass destruction -- and may be even to this day. It is difficult to escape the conclusion that they are not so much interested in opposing war as in supporting Saddam.

The French, needless to say, are the most deeply implicated. France has been romancing Iraq since at least 1972, when Saddam, already the number two man in the Ba'athist regime, nationalized the Iraqi oil industry, more or less at the point of a gun. Had the West held firm in its opposition, the putsch might not have succeeded, and Saddam would never have acquired the revenues to pursue his ambitions. But France broke ranks -- in exchange for a cut of the action.

The pattern was to be repeated three years later, when Saddam began shopping for a fast-breeder nuclear reactor, with a view to acquiring nuclear weapons within 10 years. No one was willing to provide him with the advanced technology he was seeking -- not even the Russians, who had sold him with a small research reactor some years earlier. It was not until he met with the French prime minister, one Jacques Chirac, that Saddam found what he was looking for. The French agreed, knowing full well what Saddam was up to, in exchange for $3-billion in cash, some oil concessions and a huge contract to purchase France's Mirage F-1 fighter planes. Oh, and one other thing: The Franco-Iraqi Nuclear Co-operation Treaty stipulated that "all persons of Jewish race" be excluded from participating.

More deals followed: armoured vehicles, surface-to-air missiles, antiship missiles. By 1982, Iraq accounted for 40% of all French arms exports. Other countries -- the Russians, the Italians, the British, less so the Americans -- also sold arms to Iraq, especially during the Iran-Iraq war, when revolutionary Iran seemed the greater threat to the region. The Germans, egregiously, provided Saddam with much of his chemical weapons capacity, from mustard gas to nerve gases like Tabun and Sarin, as well as the ballistic missile technology with which to deliver them to places like Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. But none did so with anything like the audacity of the French.

Even after the invasion of Kuwait in 1990, French support for Iraq did not waver. François Mitterrand went so far as to make a speech to the UN in September of that year in which he lent legitimacy to Iraq's territorial claims. The French were early and ardent enthusiasts for lifting the sanctions imposed after the war, and did everything in their power to undermine the disarmament regime. In 1997, following a series of confrontations with UN inspectors, the Security Council passed Resolution 1134, which threatened to impose travel restrictions on Iraqi officials (quelle horreur!) if the harassment continued. France abstained (along with Russia and China). Emboldened, Saddam stepped up his defiance. The inspections regime soon collapsed.

In 1999, Resolution 1284 greatly expanded the existing "oil-for-food" exemption to the sanctions (around the Clinton administration, according to Kenneth Pollack, a senior advisor on Iraq, it became known as "oil-for-stuff"), and promised to lift all remaining economic sanctions. The only condition: Saddam had to let the inspectors back in, and show progress towards disarmament. Again the French abstained, this time after promising to vote in favour. The reason: The Russians had abstained, and the French were worried they would lose their share of the booming "oil-for-food" trade, by then worth about US$17-billion a year, if they did not do the same.

And so it continues to this day, even at the cost of wrecking the United Nations (and NATO in the bargain). And yet, in the face of this sordid Franco-Russian record of trading Security Council votes for Iraqi oil revenues, it is the Americans who are accused, on no evident grounds whatever, of being motivated by oil-lust.

You would think the Germans would have some issues about being involved, however indirectly, in gassing Jews. You would think the French would feel a certain déja vu about collaborating with dictators. You would think the Russians ...

But you would be wrong.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Bomb Iraq Or France?
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2003, 11:16:00 AM »

Baisez les bâtards français

socrates

• Archived User
Bomb Iraq Or France?
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2003, 12:03:00 PM »

laugh.gif  that sucks ace, the most i ever have to worry about in my neck of the woods is if the tree outside my house is gunna scrap the shingles off my roof......grrr fucking trees dry.gif

dssripper

• Archived User
Bomb Iraq Or France?
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2003, 12:26:00 PM »

Everytime I try to come up with an eloquent response to some trash talking punk ass foreigner,
Lizard_King takes care of it! You have a great way with words, I wish I spoke and typed as well
and as educated as you! Thanks for keeping these fools straight!

DssRipper

Zzzen

• Archived User
Bomb Iraq Or France?
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2003, 12:50:00 PM »

And they talk of peace

National Post | February 13 2003 | Andrew Coyne

Having liberated France from the Germans, and having sheltered the Germans for 40-odd years from the Russians, and having poured billions of dollars into rescuing the Russians from themselves, the United States now finds, as it races to protect its own citizens from madmen with doomsday weapons, its most implacable foes are ... France, Germany and Russia. You know, the peace lobby.

I will leave it to others to speculate on the motives of these three nations, or to discuss their qualifications to lecture others on the evils of interventionism. (A poll shows 57% of Germans agree with the statement that Americans are "a nation of warmongers." Two, three, four ...) What is unarguable is that their hostility to any effort to rein in Saddam Hussein was in evidence long before this crisis; it has nothing to do with questions of peace or war.

When the issue was sanctions, they were against sanctions. When the issue was inspections, they were against inspections. And while they now profess to favour disarmament, they have not only consistently opposed any practical measure to effect it over the years, they have themselves been Saddam's chief suppliers of weapons of mass destruction -- and may be even to this day. It is difficult to escape the conclusion that they are not so much interested in opposing war as in supporting Saddam.

The French, needless to say, are the most deeply implicated. France has been romancing Iraq since at least 1972, when Saddam, already the number two man in the Ba'athist regime, nationalized the Iraqi oil industry, more or less at the point of a gun. Had the West held firm in its opposition, the putsch might not have succeeded, and Saddam would never have acquired the revenues to pursue his ambitions. But France broke ranks -- in exchange for a cut of the action.

The pattern was to be repeated three years later, when Saddam began shopping for a fast-breeder nuclear reactor, with a view to acquiring nuclear weapons within 10 years. No one was willing to provide him with the advanced technology he was seeking -- not even the Russians, who had sold him with a small research reactor some years earlier. It was not until he met with the French prime minister, one Jacques Chirac, that Saddam found what he was looking for. The French agreed, knowing full well what Saddam was up to, in exchange for $3-billion in cash, some oil concessions and a huge contract to purchase France's Mirage F-1 fighter planes. Oh, and one other thing: The Franco-Iraqi Nuclear Co-operation Treaty stipulated that "all persons of Jewish race" be excluded from participating.

More deals followed: armoured vehicles, surface-to-air missiles, antiship missiles. By 1982, Iraq accounted for 40% of all French arms exports. Other countries -- the Russians, the Italians, the British, less so the Americans -- also sold arms to Iraq, especially during the Iran-Iraq war, when revolutionary Iran seemed the greater threat to the region. The Germans, egregiously, provided Saddam with much of his chemical weapons capacity, from mustard gas to nerve gases like Tabun and Sarin, as well as the ballistic missile technology with which to deliver them to places like Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. But none did so with anything like the audacity of the French.

Even after the invasion of Kuwait in 1990, French support for Iraq did not waver. François Mitterrand went so far as to make a speech to the UN in September of that year in which he lent legitimacy to Iraq's territorial claims. The French were early and ardent enthusiasts for lifting the sanctions imposed after the war, and did everything in their power to undermine the disarmament regime. In 1997, following a series of confrontations with UN inspectors, the Security Council passed Resolution 1134, which threatened to impose travel restrictions on Iraqi officials (quelle horreur!) if the harassment continued. France abstained (along with Russia and China). Emboldened, Saddam stepped up his defiance. The inspections regime soon collapsed.

In 1999, Resolution 1284 greatly expanded the existing "oil-for-food" exemption to the sanctions (around the Clinton administration, according to Kenneth Pollack, a senior advisor on Iraq, it became known as "oil-for-stuff"), and promised to lift all remaining economic sanctions. The only condition: Saddam had to let the inspectors back in, and show progress towards disarmament. Again the French abstained, this time after promising to vote in favour. The reason: The Russians had abstained, and the French were worried they would lose their share of the booming "oil-for-food" trade, by then worth about US$17-billion a year, if they did not do the same.

And so it continues to this day, even at the cost of wrecking the United Nations (and NATO in the bargain). And yet, in the face of this sordid Franco-Russian record of trading Security Council votes for Iraqi oil revenues, it is the Americans who are accused, on no evident grounds whatever, of being motivated by oil-lust.

You would think the Germans would have some issues about being involved, however indirectly, in gassing Jews. You would think the French would feel a certain déja vu about collaborating with dictators. You would think the Russians ...

But you would be wrong

........blablablablablabla........AMEN  sleeping.gif

stokes

• Archived User
Bomb Iraq Or France?
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2003, 02:01:00 PM »

Good french hsdemonz .. you know the basic .. hahaha

Teralus

• Archived User
Bomb Iraq Or France?
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2003, 02:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (Fuzzy @ Feb 17 2003, 06:48 PM)
QUOTE (vincent_y79 @ Feb 17 2003, 05:42 PM)

i second that  dry.gif

No....I was not....Just reading through this post....and the guy who started this post - you can see why too. Americans are so up them selves....You don’t see the rest of the world trying to disarm them - yet they have more weapons of mass description than anyone....They are also reckless - starting a war in Iraq over oil...They are the baddies in this one - all the women and children that will die in Iraq just to keep you Fat Cats in supply of oil....I have no sympathy for anything USA gets.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6