xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Favorite Tool Song?  (Read 306 times)

G0t M4xx 21

• Archived User
Favorite Tool Song?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 10:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(Boiker @ Oct 27 2006, 03:54 PM) View Post

Lateralus. Epic 9 minute track... niiiiiiiiice. I didn't know so many people liked Tool, kinda strange seeing grim d and G0t M4xx being fans, didnt think you were the type  rolleyes.gif

^^^ O rly??? I'm a HUGE Tool fan... jeez...

IPB Image

lostboyz

• Archived User
Favorite Tool Song?
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 12:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(poo87 @ Nov 2 2006, 11:50 PM) View Post

I've got to agree with you there biggrin.gif I also like "The Pot" from Vicarious

the cd is called 10000 days

G0t M4xx 21

• Archived User
Favorite Tool Song?
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 03:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Nov 3 2006, 02:04 AM) View Post

the cd is called 10000 days

yeah, Vicarious is the first track on the album, and, although it is a pretty damn good song, it's WAY overplayed on the radio...

Movax

• Recovered User
Favorite Tool Song?
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2006, 03:40:00 PM »

Guys, listen to Rosetta Stoned - along with the lyrics (look em up online). Classic Tool, and damn good song. Not my favorite, but maybe my favorite on the new CD.

The new CD grew on me after seeing Tool live here (Toronto) in Sept. ...Damn  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

This post has been edited by Movax: Nov 26 2006, 11:40 PM

Whisp

• Archived User
Favorite Tool Song?
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2006, 02:01:00 AM »

1. Lateralus
2. Every other song  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I think every takes time to get into the new albums like the rest, i used to hate tool when lateralus the album came out, i was 8 or 9... within that same year i found myself knowing the lyrics... now im 14 but maybe when you get more intune with Tool its easier to get into each new album, i wont say its becuz they always change that it takes a while to get into the lastest new album (make sence?) cuz i used to hate the album opiate aswell as the others back the the early Lat days.

Did anyone else not used to like them or am i just fucked up? :S maybe just cuz i was young.

Anyone here seen them live (any tour)?

Guess i agree as someone else also said, cant believe i found this topic on an xbox website.

This post has been edited by Whisp: Dec 28 2006, 10:05 AM

throwingks

• Archived User
Favorite Tool Song?
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2006, 09:09:00 AM »

I still like the cow licking her ass album the best, Undertow.

QUOTE(Opiate Album)
I had a friend once, he took some acid.
Now he thinks he's a fire hydrant.

This post has been edited by throwingks: Dec 28 2006, 05:11 PM

lostboyz

• Archived User
Favorite Tool Song?
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2006, 09:19:00 AM »

to whisp

Ive always loved tool since i first heard them. the first album i bought was lateralus, followed quickly by all the rest.

I love the new album, at first i liked it because it was tool but it did take some time to love it

and I saw them back in september in Kansas City, and i must say its something you gotta do before you die

Whisp

• Archived User
Favorite Tool Song?
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2006, 02:28:00 AM »

true, i agree with u about loving the new album just becuz its tool, but i found myself listening to vicarious over and over loving it so much (dont normally do that with anything) now if someone asks me whats my fave song 10k days, i try and pic and i just cant, even love intension as much as the rest cuz when u listen to the album as it should be (the whole thing at once) it fits in really really well.

im here Aus so i'll be seeing them in about a month, i think they may comee back again next year, well i hope so.

o The Drizzle o

• Archived User
Favorite Tool Song?
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2007, 02:19:00 PM »

well i just started listening to tool not too long ago, before my computer crashed, "Vicarious" was the most played track on itunes, but i just got Ænima and Lateralus, and Stinkfist is quite nice, ive listened to it plenty of times since it got added, so im gonna have to say "Vicarious" or "Stinkfist"

sp3cialk

• Archived User
Favorite Tool Song?
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2007, 02:03:00 PM »

As stated I love me some Tool... along with a little APC...  biggrin.gif  I'll have to say 10,000 days really takes some time to grow on you... some of the songs I'm still not totally into... just doesn't seem like the old tool I remember... what's great is my boy's band has almost become a cover band for tool  biggrin.gif .. and i have to say they are pretty dang good... my boy (the drummer) tells me since their guitarist left the band for personal reasons and they are pickin up a new one they'll prolly be adding some more... I believe he mentioned The Pot was next on the list... lol

If you wanna check them out they are on myspace and have a rough demo of stinkfist up... Brink  (I know, I know shameless plug for them...  biggrin.gif )

Molten Universe

• Archived User
Favorite Tool Song?
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2007, 09:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(C o s m o @ Nov 3 2006, 01:59 AM) *

46&2 (flat out rocks), Eulogy (the 2 1/2 minute buildup is incredible), Disgustipated (love the message and the shotgun).

lol shotgun... seen the thing on youtube of them shooting the piano? classic.

agree with whisp and lostboyz

lateralus rocks the fucking house as maynard would say.

10,000 days was harder to like pick up but when u play any of their stuff (guitar) u open up a whole new dimension which helps finding the emotion of the song.

This post has been edited by Molten Universe: Apr 25 2007, 04:19 PM

Minkis@

• Archived User
Favorite Tool Song?
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2007, 02:58:00 PM »

my current fav is "the pot" mainly because it has some really cool guitar licks.

AfterTheInsanity

• Archived User
Favorite Tool Song?
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2007, 06:56:00 PM »

Definately The Pot or Rosetta Stoned from 10k Days

henmill

• Archived User
Favorite Tool Song?
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2007, 09:16:00 PM »

I only started listening to Tool a few months back and have since fell in love with their music.  I especially love listening to them while doing tedious soldering work.  Like most others have said, it's hard to pick an absolute favorite, but my top few would have to be Vicarious, Lateralus, Ænima, 46 & 2.....well, I could keep going until I've listed every song of theirs in my library, so I'll cut it off there.

oldish topic, i know
Pages: 1 [2]