xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Who Is The Best Rapper Alive?  (Read 225 times)

CattyKid

• Archived User
Who Is The Best Rapper Alive?
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2006, 09:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(biggieandmoe @ Oct 14 2006, 09:47 PM) View Post

I think it's because of what he said about Bush.  Plus, they may be talking about Kanye's attitude instead of his lyrics. His lyrics are great.

Well, let's quote a little Eminem then, shall we?

Quote, "We As Americans (Encore Bonus CD, hmm.. first song(?))"
"I don't rap for dead presidents.  I'd rather see the president dead.  It's never been said but I set precidents."

Quote "Rain Man (Encore)"
"When am I gonna come to my good senses?  Probably the day Bush comes to my defenses."

Is it sad I did that without listening to the songs or looking up lyrics?

Then we have Mosh (actually the entire song)...
"Stomp, push, shove, mush, Fuck Bush, until they bring our troops home"

I mean, I could go on, too.
Did his popularity decline or anything because he said this?  Hell, for We As Americans he was investigated by the Secret Service (not too much though), and even on the unscensored CD "dead" is reversed in the song.

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2006, 05:02:00 AM »

For me with Kanye, I do think has has some good songs. That does not make him the best rapper alive.

That is like saying a baseball player hitting .188 hits a game winning homerun, so he is now the best player in the game. No, he had a good hit, but he is not the best hitter. Major league average is probably around .275-.280. This example happened last night by the way, Tigers are going to the World Series.

Kanye has some good songs and he knows how to get people to talk about him. Good for him. That is called marketing not rapping. Kanye also has some bad songs. Go have a listen to KRS-one or The Roots and some of the less main-stream rappers and rethink your Kanye theory.

Vfreitas

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2006, 06:49:00 AM »

Knowledge Reigns Supreme

Best rapper alive, hmm? I will say that Jay-Z and Nas have been added to the top notch of artists. There are still people like KRS One, Rakim, and many old school people who can still hold their ground. Kayne is no way near one of the bests, I do enjoy his music, though. Eminem is extremely talented, but 95% of his music is now just crap. He can be quoted here and there, but when the other 15 tracks on his album are about dookie.. yeah.  Everything after Infinite was not worth buying. 50 Cent is a fraud, no where near best alive. There are many unknowns who I enjoy, and consider greats. Chino XL, Scarface, Immortal Technique (already), etc.

Best alive now though, can go between Jay-Z and Nas. They both have albums coming out relatively soon, so it's really on pause. I have a feeling Jay-Z's album will be mostly club bangers, as usual. The Nas will have more of a meaning behind it all. If you look at their careers they've both had their ups and downs, so I can't pick just one.

EverestX

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 08:16:00 AM »

This is plain Sad.  Em, the best rapper alive. Ha.   Lyrics Born wipes the stage with his little skate board beats.   I mean what you kids call "rap" these days is horrible.  What ever happened to K-Rino, SPC, and real hip hop...  It's all dead and gone..  Really though, I can't say there is a best alive, all I know is Quannum Crew (Gift of Gab/Blackalicious, Lyrics born/Asia Born, Lateef... all them), totally shred every artist in here.

I'm not trying to rip on your "rap" but if you are actually interested in lyricists rather than radio rap you should check out
Lyrics Born: Same shit Different day
Blackalicious: Nia

And then if you want to hear something a little more "gangster" check out K-rino: Danger Zone. Hell even B.G. for that matter.

killerbootsman

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2006, 01:08:00 PM »

Goldie Looking Chain tongue.gif

Tripme

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2006, 09:25:00 AM »

MC Chris hands down!!!

chorizo1

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2006, 08:25:00 PM »

K-FED ......word.

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2006, 04:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tripme @ Nov 8 2006, 10:32 AM) View Post

MC Chris hands down!!!

QFT!  biggrin.gif  laugh.gif

d00msday_jesus

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2006, 09:52:00 PM »

attention...kanye west sucks and doing anything other than producing.

that is all.

makaveli91

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2006, 08:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(chorizo1 @ Nov 8 2006, 10:32 PM) View Post

K-FED ......word.

I can't even believe this guy.  He's a punk.  All of a sudden he's everywhere trying to get publicity.  Messing around with the WWE..  Cena will beat his ass.

eminem, kanye aren't what rap really is.

Well if they aren't what Rap is, then what IS rap?  And what about them doesn't make them rap?

Tripme

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2006, 04:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(Modderxtrordanare @ Nov 9 2006, 07:06 PM) View Post

QFT!  biggrin.gif  laugh.gif

Ya man, I went to see MC Chris a show in downtown Orlando a few days ago.  And holy crap, the coolest ever!!!

Albino

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2006, 08:20:00 AM »

MC Chris is awesome. I'd never heard of him in the Uk until my friend from Boston lent me some of his stuff whilst we were in Germany. I'd have to list, Abominal, Cali 2una and Akil from J5 up there as well. I quite like a bit of Eazy-E now and then and Chucky-D. I listen to the Cypress Hill Spanish album quite a bit as well. There's no real greatest rapper ever, but I'm more of a fan of the old-skool lot than anything new like Kanye west. These are just my opinions, but Abdominal and Dsisive were amazing when I saw them with DJ format last summer.

FreakSho

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2006, 08:43:00 PM »

im not a rap fan , rock music is my thing but if i would have to choose a fav rapper id say all the old school guys, 2pac, dre, snoop (old school stuff, now he is pretty gay), run dmc, all them old schoolers, shit even 2 live krew has some good stuff haha

new school rap is about pure bullshit which is the reason i dont listen to it anymore, even tho some new school rappers are good like T.I , Ludacris, people that can rap about truth and not just random bullshit

another thing i gotta agree with eminem , FUCK BUSH!

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2006, 11:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(Wolves @ Oct 14 2006, 06:18 AM) View Post

There is no good rapper because there's no good rap.

amen.
Pages: 1 [2]