xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bloomberg: Microsoft's Allard-Created Portable Due This Xmas  (Read 153 times)

schizzlefuzz

• Archived User

Good.  Competetion will hopefully get Apple to make the iPod better.

yourM0M

• Archived User
Bloomberg: Microsoft's Allard-Created Portable Due This Xmas
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 05:33:00 PM »

i would like m$ to release a portable media/gaming device  love.gif

echto

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 05:33:00 PM »

Oh brother...

I can see it now.  "Use your gamertag to log into Xbox Live and download X-tunes!  You can use your Xbox360 or the X-tunes handheld to add MS points to your account...blah blah blah..."

beerchug.gif

XLNC

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 05:53:00 PM »

I think they will call it the L!ve Player unless it's going to be a portable console going up against the PSP, then they should call it the XBX because it flows and sounds better for marketing purposes or they could call it XBP which stands for XBOX Portable.

The Bat

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 06:16:00 PM »

Not to dis the PSP, but how often do you hear someone saying that gaming is the main reason they got one?  Most of the people I know of who have one, got it as a portable media device.  And considering how important third parties are to any video gaming console (portable or not), the idea of creating something for a '06 release without any hype at the '06 annual gaming convention E3 seems unlikely.  I just hope that the media compatibility is better than it is on the 360.

null7238

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 06:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(The Bat @ Jul 6 2006, 01:23 AM) View Post

Not to dis the PSP, but how often do you hear someone saying that gaming is the main reason they got one?  Most of the people I know of who have one, got it as a portable media device.  And considering how important third parties are to any video gaming console (portable or not), the idea of creating something for a '06 release without any hype at the '06 annual gaming convention E3 seems unlikely.  I just hope that the media compatibility is better than it is on the 360.

Don't know about around there, but here I see tons of people playing a PSP at school.

Also, I agree with the competition stuff, I already have an ipod nano, but it will be nice for people wanting to buy one. I don't think they can compete with Apple though, Apple has built a pretty good name for themselves when it comes to ipod, but hey only time will tell.

xzenor

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 06:35:00 PM »

YYYAAAWWWNNNN!!!!  sleeping.gif  Is it me or are we just spectulating?? If you ask me, its has nothing to do with gaming untill confirmed. More useless info.

DaddyO21

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 07:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(echto @ Jul 6 2006, 12:40 AM) View Post

Oh brother...

I can see it now.  "Use your gamertag to log into Xbox Live and download X-tunes!  You can use your Xbox360 or the X-tunes handheld to add MS points to your account...blah blah blah..."

beerchug.gif

love.gif if it is like that im sold.

Aaries

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 07:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(null7238 @ Jul 5 2006, 08:28 PM) View Post

Don't know about around there, but here I see tons of people playing a PSP at school.

Exactly.  PSPs are great for kids who have to sit in the car on trips while Mom and Dad drive to the soccer game or during study hall/free period.  But seriously, my brother got one for me for my birthday in April and I never use it, but I can't sell it because it would look bad.  Why does a 26 year-old need a portable gaming device?  For that matter, what is the obsession with having all your music with you 24/7?  I'm a musician and I don't even need to have music at my hip like a freaking siamese twin.

Solosmooth

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 07:52:00 PM »

my psp is in my cabinet collecting dust..
other than gta... the psp games suck!!!

mike96sc2

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 09:54:00 PM »

Too much speculation and not enough substance. Also those who are anti-psp and want to sell theirs I know a number of interested parties.

failurbydesign

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 11:09:00 PM »

kick ass...

miggidy

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 01:43:00 AM »

Damn it! grr.gif
And I just broke down and bought a DS Lite dry.gif

Oh well, this better be a portable gaming device and it better have dual analog controls.
Lets hope M$ learned from Sony's mistake with the PSP.
3D graphics without 3D gameplay.... Lame....