xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Do U Do With Media Protection?  (Read 84 times)

lostboyz

• Archived User
What Do U Do With Media Protection?
« on: June 27, 2006, 05:56:00 AM »

umm not sure which specific one your talking about but I would just burn my m4a files and re-rip them in .mp3 192kbps. All it takes is a blank CD that I get for free

Perplexer

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 10:40:00 AM »

I hear good things about TuneBite.  Personally, ALL my music is in MP3 format, no worries!

blame canada

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 07:32:00 PM »

alright, lets clear some things up here.

WARNING: SOUNDTAXI IS HAVING MAJOR ISSUES RIGHT NOW. I for one can back that up. It has been fucking up peoples computers ALL over the net. Mine being one. What it does, is that one some computers, not all, during installation, it BSOD, removes any/ALL of your audio drivers, any/ALL your dvd drivers, and also fucked with system restore (in my case). It seems to be a "beta" program right now, and for ANYONE AND EVERYONE reading this, stay away from soundtaxi for the moment, otherwise you WILL have to completely re-install windows. Yes, reinstall windows. I tried anything and evewrtything to get my audio drivers to work again, and the only thing that worked was a fresh install. You have been warned.

As for other converting programs. Tunebite was the reigning champion for a LONG time, untill muvaudio came out with a program that converts at about 10x, wheras tunebite is only converting at 4x. So, currently, muvaudio has the upper hand of all the DRM converters. Tunebite is next, and soundtaxi can suck my balls in last of the converters. I wouldn't doubt it if the Tunebite programers pull a fast one and make their version of a 10x+ converting program soon. In my truely honest opinion, I would buy tunebite, wait for a new version of tunebite that converts at 10x+, rather than spending $10 more on muvaudio, and pissing money at a shit program like soundtaxi. Hopefully this clears up any questions people may have.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 09:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(Perplexer @ Jul 19 2006, 12:47 PM) View Post

I hear good things about TuneBite.  Personally, ALL my music is in MP3 format, no worries!

i love it, worked like a charm on the prey volume 1 soundtrack (the game came with a code to download the soundtrack, but it was DRM enabled WMA files, and i couldn't load them into itunes for that reason), i used tunebite, and bam, had it converted to itunes ready mp3's smile.gif

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(dan_plus_o @ Aug 1 2006, 09:32 PM) View Post

I have never had a problem with audio protection stuff..... Maybe it is because all the CDs I buy are Old.

I buy stuff like Metallica and Pantera wich are all cds made in the 80-90s.

this isn't something you run into on cd's, you run into it with online music purchases (or in my case the downloadable prey soundtrack that came with the game)

bumr055

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 04:21:00 PM »

hmm, i have not even herd of this need for audio protection what does it do and what happends if you do not use it? blink.gif