xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need A Moderator For This Forum  (Read 113 times)

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Need A Moderator For This Forum
« on: June 12, 2005, 08:57:00 PM »

I need at least one moderator for this forum.

If there is someone you feel deserving, please post their name here, and a few sentances why.

Do Not Vote for Yourself!

Submissions from accounts less than a month old will be summarily dismissed and ignored.

I may add and accept more than one name from the submission.. or none at all at my descretion.

Since I don't frequent this forum with any regularity, someone should PM me in a weeks time so I can look at the results.

Thanks.

(Forums in the General Chat area of this site commonly have some of the worst and most aggravating posters on this site. Moderating in this area requires someone who is willing to become unpopular quickly.. as you'll be reporting abusers for bans and mutes, closing bitchfests, etc. If you value your "popularity" do not apply and ignore others who submit your name for consideration.)

atomheartmother

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 09:17:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

Silentscream__

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 01:15:00 PM »

I think (not sure if people will agree with me here) but we need a couple of mods with a wide taste in music for this section. No point having a rap/hip hop fan modding here, because they are likely to make biased decisions in some threads. Likewise for a rock/grunge/whatever you call in in the US fan, as they would be likely to make biased decisions.

I would vote for Galloping zebra, tutyet, and xp-power - Obviously not all of them can become mods, but they are the people I would suggest, and its a vote for each of them.

Raggy_Roo1

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 09:37:00 AM »

I vote for me!!!! Just Kidding! I vote for jaroc!

I'veGotANewKaleidoscope

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 02:01:00 PM »

I'd say Galloping Zebra because he gives me a special feeling in my "no no please don't touch me there daddy" place. Every other alternative listed here is gay.

th3rdeye420

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 02:24:00 PM »

tongue.gif

th3rdeye420

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 02:45:00 PM »

love.gif

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 11:31:00 AM »

smile.gif

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 11:35:00 AM »

Allow me to clarify a bit..

I still do not want people voting for themselves. What I do want to see is people nominate someone they think can handle the chores of visiting at least once per day.. and doing cleanup in aisle 4.

Particular music preference.. should not have any bearing.  nominees will need to be able to look beyond their own preferences and tastes.. and moderate threads without musical bias. (not easy)

I don't want to hear about people campaigning either.  It's not a rule.. but it is something that bugs me right now.

ideally.. I'll be coming back to this thread.. reading over the suggestions.. and possibly picking a name or two. Those people, I will send a request to.. and ask them to moderate this forum. They might not even want the spot.

Also keep in mind.. as I noted in the first post.. I might make multiple selections.. or none at all.

If you see somoene in this forum worthy.. explain WHY you think they are worthy. I'll be swayed by more details and thought put into the explanation.. responses of "he's cool" won't do much to sway me.

The*galloping*zebra

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 10:41:00 AM »

smile.gif

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2005, 11:46:00 PM »

Thanks for participating people.

I'm going to take your suggestions under consideration.. anyone who would like to add anything further can PM me privately.