xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Best Album Of All Time  (Read 539 times)

Intelligoth

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2003, 08:11:00 AM »

QUOTE (stiGGy @ Nov 25 2003, 04:17 AM)
after so many recomendations, i played pink floyd - dark side of the moon.......... it'll be fuckin crazy stoned laugh.gif

You're only figuring this out NOW??  LOL!

Right at the end of "On The Run" the music fades out very softly, giving you a nice relaxing trip.  Then when "Time" starts you have a cacophony of alarms, gongs, bells, etc.  Makes you jump out of your seat.  Brilliant timing. biggrin.gif

If you can find it, another awesome CD to trip to is KLF - Space.  You may find it at ab-cd.com if it's still available.  Extremely limited production, and it's nothing like that horrible KLF "White Album" from the early 90's.  Space is very Floyd inspired and makes for a terrific bake.

CamaroGuy

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2003, 09:09:00 AM »

I would ahve to go with
The first Disturbed album The Sickness.

Gonzo_PhD

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2003, 09:26:00 AM »

here are some suggestions for the best:
Nirvana: Nevermind
RadioHead: OK Computer
Rage Against the Machine: Self Titled
AudioSlave: Self Titled
System of a Down: Toxicity

Seriously dude, how old are you - 12?  If you're not, you should be kicked in the balls by every member of this web communtiy for mentioning System of a Down in "best album of all time" talks.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but that's just plain old fucking stupid.   grr.gif

kard63

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2003, 10:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (Gonzo_PhD @ Nov 25 2003, 01:26 PM)
here are some suggestions for the best:
Nirvana: Nevermind
RadioHead: OK Computer
Rage Against the Machine: Self Titled
AudioSlave: Self Titled
System of a Down: Toxicity

Seriously dude, how old are you - 12?  If you're not, you should be kicked in the balls by every member of this web communtiy for mentioning System of a Down in "best album of all time" talks.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but that's just plain old fucking stupid.   grr.gif

His selections woudl suggest more like 23 years old.  WTF did you mean by 12 or were you jsut being a lame ass?

ADAWG69

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2003, 12:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (Spency234 @ Nov 24 2003, 10:27 PM)
I can't beleive nobody is even mentioning Jimmi Hendrix as the best guitar player ever?!?!!
blink.gif

This is just my opinion but I don't think Hendrix was the best guitar player ever. I think he was the most loved guitar player of all time and his death was untimely. He also did a lot for rock'n'roll but thats it. Don't get me wrong Hendrix is awesome I just don't think he was the best.

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2003, 07:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (ADAWG69 @ Nov 25 2003, 09:16 PM)
This is just my opinion but I don't think Hendrix was the best guitar player ever. I think he was the most loved guitar player of all time and his death was untimely. He also did a lot for rock'n'roll but thats it. Don't get me wrong Hendrix is awesome I just don't think he was the best.

heh, i agree, hendrix was defiently good, he wasent the best ever like people make him out to be...

the reason people like him so much and think so highly of him is because he was the first real "guitar hero" that kids could look up to and people could admire

pdexter

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2003, 09:29:00 PM »

Ha- I like these topics...

By no means do I think these are the best albums ever, but they've definately had a large influence on my life...

Punk:
88 Fingers Louie- 88 Fingers Up Your Ass
NOFX- S&M Airlines
59 Times The Pain- 20% Of My Hand

Rock:
Kyuss- Welcome to Sky Valley
Kyuss- Blues For The Red Sun
Rage Against The Machine- Self Titled

Trance/Breaks:
Hybrid- Wide Angle
Gatecrasher- Wet

Aron Parsons

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2003, 10:39:00 AM »

QUOTE (happypaul @ Nov 24 2003, 06:42 AM)
any Thrice album

I'd have to agree.  Their first two albums were a very unique sound, now they've gone with the current "flow" of music; I'm not impressed by "Artist in the Ambulance".  I'm also offended that I've listened to them since their very beginning and now they're being played at Target.... (same goes for AFI since the 90s and Saves the Day since 'Can't Slow Down')....Stupid people that are about 5 years behind the trends in music...

Edit: And yes, RATM - Self Titled is amazing --> hard to believe I'm still listening to that today (after all these years).

Drunken Uncle

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2003, 11:28:00 AM »

dry.gif

kooks

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2003, 12:43:00 PM »

The Tragically Hip - Day For Night

TrUnX

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2003, 04:06:00 PM »

Nirvana - Nevermind

WhatsAModchip?

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2003, 04:18:00 PM »

hey im 16 and obviously you do not care for system's music, and thats ok, but they have a lot of meaning to me.  anyways blame me for not being 45, single and bald, i appologize...keep em comin guys

ADAWG69

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2003, 04:39:00 PM »

uh, I am 16 as well and just because I like a lot of rock some of it 'older' rock doesn't mean I am old, single or bald. Anyway I enjoy System of a Down's music as well, but I certainly don't think they can qualify for best album ever. Maybe in ten years if they go on and not die like so many great bands do then maybe I will consider them.

plehem12

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2003, 05:37:00 PM »

blink.gif

Large Dopant white

• Archived User
Best Album Of All Time
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2003, 05:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (plehem12 @ Nov 27 2003, 03:37 AM)
ANY CD THAT HAS SONGZ ABUOT BEEING G0THIC CUZ IAM G0THIC AN I LYKE SONGZ THAT ARE G0THIC CUZ THAT IZ WUT IAM AN I WHEAR BLACK ALOT

blink.gif

laugh.gif
Good one there, Phlem. You looking to start a nice, healthy flamewar or something? biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5