xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Blue Static On Westy 37"  (Read 128 times)

o The Drizzle o

• Archived User
Blue Static On Westy 37"
« on: August 06, 2007, 01:59:00 PM »

well today i was playing halo 2 on my Westinghouse LVM-37W, its a 1080P lcd. while playing, i encountered something that has never happened before. i kept getting like spots of blue static on my screen. like my gun was all static-y, around lettering it was all static-y. and i dont know what caused this. could my 360 be dieing? or are the component cables going bad? or what. has anyone else had this problem or have hear of it?

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Blue Static On Westy 37"
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 02:03:00 PM »

Does it happen in other games or just halo 2.

Blue Static in the blacks is usually the predecessor to full on GPU meltdown which will show you weird pink and green spotting on all the 3D elements on the screen.

like this: http://pictures.xbox...puglitch/01.jpg

The only other possibility is massive interference...

the way to tell the difference is if there is a blue spot on something and it moves with that object on screen it's probably the GPU if the spot stays on the same areas of the screen then it's likely a cabling issue.

if the "static" only effects 3D elements and 2D elements (hud, menus, etc) are fine then it's likely a GPU issue.

o The Drizzle o

• Archived User
Blue Static On Westy 37"
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 06:20:00 AM »

that picture pretty much sums it up...nowhere near that bad, but thats what it was doing. right now my 360 is off to the repair center due to a busted dvd drive (they hate me, all of my repairs except 1 has been dvd drive issues, its not me because the console doesnt move and i eject and close with the button)..but the guy from the elite team in charge of my repair said i would be getting a refurb with the new "hardware" aka heatsinks...but the guy from corporate told me they would be pulling the drive, and replacing it..hopefully ill get a refurb so i wont have to worry about the gpu.

Boiker

• Archived User
Blue Static On Westy 37"
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 01:07:00 PM »

I had this the other day on Tiger Woods and a bit on Bioshock aswell. I rebooted and it was fine again.

Hasn't happened for about 4 days now. But it doesn't happen often.

Probably just the console showing its age now. Mine's older than most others now.

grim_d

• Archived User
Blue Static On Westy 37"
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 01:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Aug 13 2007, 09:39 PM) View Post

Does it happen in other games or just halo 2.

Blue Static in the blacks is usually the predecessor to full on GPU meltdown which will show you weird pink and green spotting on all the 3D elements on the screen.

like this: http://pictures.xbox...puglitch/01.jpg

The only other possibility is massive interference...

the way to tell the difference is if there is a blue spot on something and it moves with that object on screen it's probably the GPU if the spot stays on the same areas of the screen then it's likely a cabling issue.

if the "static" only effects 3D elements and 2D elements (hud, menus, etc) are fine then it's likely a GPU issue.

i used to get blue static stuff like that now and again in crackdown , but it was only in shadows, i put it down to a bug

that screen looks pretty messed up man.