xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Lg 42lc2d What Do You Think?  (Read 99 times)

xess

• Archived User
Lg 42lc2d What Do You Think?
« on: July 03, 2007, 09:27:00 AM »

Just bought one of these and waiting for it to be delivered. Was £690. Didnt see twisteds guide til after I bought it! It is to be used mainly for gaming. Heres the spec:

LG 42LC2D 42inch LCD TV
LG´s Exclusive XD Engine™: Six distinct processes contribute to picture improvement. LG´s XD Engine takes the low resolution of analog signals to near HD levels by improving brightness, contrast, detail and enhancing color as well as reducing signal noise. This total solution results in cinema-like high resolution images.

Super IPS Technology: Reduces common distortion and blurring caused by fast motion video and also provides one of the industry´s widest viewing angles (178°).

* XD Engine™
* HDMI with HDCP
* 1366 x 768p Resolution
* Super IPS Technology

* Actual Colour: Black
42 " Diagonal Screen Size (Inch)
1100:1 Contrast Ratio
500 cd/m2 Screen Brightness
178° x 178° Degree Viewing Angle
1366 x 768p Resolution
1366x768 pixels
1080i resolution
Manufacturers Technology Features
HD Ready
Convenience
Digital TV Ready
Freeview
Parental Lock/Parental Control
Teletext
1500 Page Teletext Memory
On/Off Timer
Plug & Play
Sleep Timer
Picture In Picture
Volume Control

Connections
1 x HDMI Connection/s
1 x S-Video Connection/s
2 x Component Video Connection/s
1 x Optical Terminal Connection/s
2 x Composite Video Connection/s
1 x RGB Scart Connection/s
Accessories Supplied
Pedestal stand
Remote Control
User Manual
Mains Cable
Batteries
Quick Start Guide
Warranty Card
Power,Weight & Dimensions
36.8 Kg Unit Weight (Approx)
41.2 Kg Weight Inc Packaging (Approx)
830/800/298 mm (W/H/D) Dimensions

Sweet eh? However I think it only runs at 50hz, and the 360 dash says if it is set to 50hz rather than 60hz it causes problems with the games. Is this anything to worry about?

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 12:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(xess @ Jul 3 2007, 12:03 PM) View Post

...Sweet eh? However I think it only runs at 50hz, and the 360 dash says if it is set to 50hz rather than 60hz it causes problems with the games. Is this anything to worry about?

yes it could be quite problematic actually.

I've seen quite a few games require 60Hz for online play. I know DOA4 needs 60Hz so it can sync your screen frame for frame with your opponent... without this you would be at a significant disadvantage because the gameplay in most fighters is registered frame by frame meaning in tie scenarios you always lose because they refresh faster.

I would suspect there are a number of other games that also require 60Hz for such reasons.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 01:29:00 PM »

You do realise that LG is just the new badge of Goldstar.
They ain't too reliable. Maybe the new ones are better. Take out the extended warranty. The inverter boards are a lot of money and it is turning out to be the most common LCD failure.
LG´s XD Engine takes the low resolution of analog signals to near HD levels by improving brightness, contrast, detail and enhancing color as well as reducing signal noise.

I assume you did go look at it first and viewed the analogue picture quality. I have seen a number and the above statement is more wishful thinking. It should look ok on a HD source. Sky HD looks good on the ones I have set up.

This post has been edited by Chancer: Jul 3 2007, 08:37 PM

xess

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 02:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jul 3 2007, 08:33 PM) View Post

I would suspect there are a number of other games that also require 60Hz for such reasons.

Well I mostly play gears on line and thats 60hz

QUOTE(Chancer @ Jul 3 2007, 09:05 PM) View Post

I assume you did go look at it first and viewed the analogue picture quality. I have seen a number and the above statement is more wishful thinking. It should look ok on a HD source. Sky HD looks good on the ones I have set up.

No, I bought it online and none of my local retailers had it in stock. I did spend quite a bit of time reading up on that model on the web tho and it got good reviews everywhere I looked, with one guy using it for gaming with a 360 and he loves it, apparantly. Havent got sky (rip off) and the set has inbuilt freeview which was another bonus for me. The only HD source this things getting is the 360.

Crap, I hope I havent made a mistake!

xess

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 07:04:00 AM »

After checking on the web, all hdtv's with the hdtv ready logo on it have to support 50 and 60hz by law. All should be good.