xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Do You Feel About Hd-ila?  (Read 158 times)

hamwbone

• Recovered User
How Do You Feel About Hd-ila?
« on: May 07, 2007, 09:41:00 AM »

I know JVC is on the lower end of tvs, but their hdila 61 inch 1080p tv ... well, it just looks better to me then DLP. i have a 50 inch samsung (one of the newer black ones)  and i dont like the glimmer that the screen has. i want to get another big tv, (im liking the jvc hdila 61 incher for its price - under 2 grand with the stand) for upstairs in my game room, where my xbox 360 and thearter sound system are. its replacing an old 55 inch crt hd projection unit.   Alot of the reviews show that the contrast and blacks on the jvc hdla are some of the best, and i love the colors on the screen, and no screen door effect!!

what are you personal, and some professional opinions? stick with another dlp or go with the hdila?

..i cant type today at all... geez. 1 hour of sleep will do that i guess

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 08:09:00 AM »

IMO it depends on your room brightness and the type of content you view.

HDILA will be brighter meaning you'll be able to have the room lights on to some extent.

DLP is typically darker but it has much better shadow detail. important if you play darker games/ watch darker movies. So if you're a a horror fan DLP would be better for you.

DLP has the rainbow effect and that is a deal breaker for some people.

HDILA has some amount of ghosting with fast moving stuff... not even an issue on DLP sets.

JVC HDILA displays are also known to have some convergence issues too

more discussion here:
http://www.highdeffo...php/t-1431.html

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 03:52:00 AM »

ive been doing some searching and it seems the jvc just isnt the quality to the tv i want. i think im probably going to get a 60+ inch sammy dlp or one of the 56 inch sony's with SRXD. they are purdy... gona take some time though. i like the 50 inch sammy dlp i have but the screen just bothers me some times. im not sure if its this so called rainbow effect im seeing, but the only way i can describe it is glistening like the way a dot of a laser pointer does. the glisten on the screen is static and doesnt move around (similar to the lasers dot)  eh, maybe im sitting to close.   haha

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 06:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(hamwbone @ May 12 2007, 06:28 AM) View Post

ive been doing some searching and it seems the jvc just isnt the quality to the tv i want. i think im probably going to get a 60+ inch sammy dlp or one of the 56 inch sony's with SRXD. they are purdy... gona take some time though. i like the 50 inch sammy dlp i have but the screen just bothers me some times. im not sure if its this so called rainbow effect im seeing, but the only way i can describe it is glistening like the way a dot of a laser pointer does. the glisten on the screen is static and doesnt move around (similar to the lasers dot)  eh, maybe im sitting to close.   haha

The glistening is caused by a defect in the screen material

the rain bow effect is when elements on the screen break down into their primary colors when your eye moves across the screen... pop in Sin City and dart you eyes across the screen a few times and you'll probably see the rainbow effect.

both the Sammy DLP and Sony SXRD are great displays.  smile.gif

C o s m o

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 11:35:00 AM »

I really like the SXRD technology.  IIRC, it is similar to ILD.  
I have a couple of friends with SXRD sets, and they are gorgeous.