xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Got My Lcd Today!  (Read 179 times)

youloseagain

• Archived User
Got My Lcd Today!
« on: March 30, 2007, 06:37:00 PM »

I was wondering if someone could possibly tell me the problem here. I just got a brand new LCD BenQ FP202W. ALright and I also got the Madcatz VGA Cable....hooked it all up went to display choose 1280x1024 resolution as recommended by IGN.COM who did a review on this monitor. Well it looks HORRIBLE for real my standard tv looks 10 times better!! Everything and I mean EVERYTHING is shadowed every letter has a clear shadow, When gameing the edges of objects are all f***ed up hard to explain so imma take a video. Basically what im wondering what is causeing this, is it the vga cable? response time? defective monitor?

blame canada

• Archived User
Got My Lcd Today!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 06:50:00 PM »

Could be cable or monitor, but before buying a new one or returning it, try using the official MS vga cable.

youloseagain

• Archived User
Got My Lcd Today!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 08:45:00 PM »

alright imma do that  heres a video so you can see wat im talkin about. besides my 360 everything else looks GREAT!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ACQDXCHF

in person it looks alot worse than it does on cam.

_iffy

• Archived User
Got My Lcd Today!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 08:54:00 PM »

May sound stupid, but did you set the xbox to display 1080i instead of the default 480i ?

It's in the settings blade.

youloseagain

• Archived User
Got My Lcd Today!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 09:07:00 PM »

it doesnt give me a choice for that. It only give me choices for resolution size.

_iffy

• Archived User
Got My Lcd Today!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 09:15:00 PM »

Sorry. I read the IGN article and watched your vid.
IPB Image
^Can you get to that screen? It's gives a different screen when you use component. You have VGA so nevermind.

Your first problem is choosing denver as your favorite team tongue.gif

Seriously though, I could see the two e's. Don't really know what the problem would be.
My guess would be the madcatz cable

how does it look when you hook it up to your comp?

youloseagain

• Archived User
Got My Lcd Today!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »

wtf the video cut out early. What i was gonna show on madden was the edge/outline of the players are all f*cked up. But ahhh im gonna pick up the official M$ cable tommorrow and see how it looks otherwise im takein it back. Broncos OWN YOU!

youloseagain

• Archived User
Got My Lcd Today!
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 12:32:00 AM »

I got the MS VGA and it didnt change nothin. So im sending the monitor back on monday, and im gonna buy this one instead...

http://www.sceptre.c...x20wg_1080p.htm

After doing some research I found out the problem was because of its native resolution/aspect ratio of 16:10. xbox 360 doesnt support 16:10 aspect ratio which is BS FU*K M$. Even tho it only supports 16:9 aspect ratios most 16:10 monitors come with 1 or 2 16:9 resolutions but mine didnt. So imma get that sceptre instead.... and as you can see it has compatible resolutions listed that will work with the 360. Plus its got 1080p  with hdcp so i can watch hd-dvd on it.

youloseagain

• Archived User
Got My Lcd Today!
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 06:42:00 PM »

mannnn F**K BUY.COM they were some biaatches when it comes to the return policy. They try to F*ck you over so bad alright in large print they say write the RMA number on outside of box so I did that and sent it back.

Then in fine print it said "DO NOT WRITE RMA # ON MANFACTUARE BOX OR WE WILL NOT RETURN" (which i did not see until after i shipped back) Ok so they expect you to buy an extra shipping box and write the RMA # on that box! Not the box they sent you the product in because it is the "MANUFACTURES BOX"  They noticed tha small (TINY) detail but instead of rejecting the return, they just decided to charge me a $30 restocking fee!!! FUKK THEM BCHES, in other good news however I orded a Samsung 906BW quick specs are...

19" widescreen lcd
2000:1 contrast ratio
2ms response time (GTG)
1400x900 max resolution

I will take pics when I recieve this monitor and maybe a vid. on how gameplay is on da bitch, cause i KNow you MFERS interested in what Youloseagain is up to smile.gif!

capboy210

• Archived User
Got My Lcd Today!
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 07:23:00 PM »

Haha, reading thru the topic and

QUOTE(youloseagain @ Mar 30 2007, 10:59 PM) View Post

Broncos OWN YOU!

Ditto.......

_iffy

• Archived User
Got My Lcd Today!
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2007, 08:59:00 PM »

Too bad you can't have the 1280x1024 anymore.

I hope the samsung works out for you. It has a nice contrast ratio.

youloseagain

• Archived User
Got My Lcd Today!
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 06:11:00 AM »

Yes I know this but all monitors use the same statistics under specifications...THey all use Dynamic and GTG so it looks better!! And I think the response time is really about 5ms not 20! (According to CNET)!

This monitor is just for temporary purposes eventually IM gonna just buy a BRAND NEW LCD HDTV 1080p (when my grandparents die and I inerherant lots of $$$$$$$$) hopefully they'll die soon.

youloseagain

• Archived User
Got My Lcd Today!
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 01:58:00 PM »

My OCD got the best of me, i acted on an impulse and cancelled the samsung order because I found a better deal lol. For real this is the crazyiest deal tho 22" widescreen LCD Monitor for only $200 after some coupons shipped! It is  an off brand but I dont really care at that price, the specs are decent 5ms response (BLACK TO WHITE) real response time. And 700:1 contrast ratio. YEEEEA! Im on monitor #3 lets hope it stays this way I might change my mind again lololol.

jacobb23

• Archived User
Got My Lcd Today!
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2007, 11:43:00 PM »

okay. so my dad just bought a viewsonic 22 lcd monitor for our computer. Is this compatible for use with my 360? Sorry im a newb but im not really sure. If it is im planning on buying the MS vga cable for it...thanks for any help

http://www.viewsonic...eries/vx2235wm/

jacobb23

• Archived User
Got My Lcd Today!
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 01:02:00 PM »

I know it has the vga input on the back but i could have sworn there was only one component input..the white one..is that the only i need..i don't need both for audio right? thanks for the newbie help..