xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Panasonic Th-42px6u  (Read 135 times)

corin415

• Archived User
Panasonic Th-42px6u
« on: December 27, 2006, 08:23:00 PM »

I want to apologize to the mod's right off the bat if this is in the wrong section, after looking around I thought this was the best place to post my problem.

My family got a Panasonic Plasma TV (TH-42PX6U) last month the day before I got Gears of War. I had never seen a game played on a good HDTV until then and it blew me away. The game looked beautiful on the TV and I couldn’t have been happier. I later got a Wii and noticed Trauma Center and Red Steel  didn’t taken up the entire screen even in forced widescreen mode, but Zelda looked just fine.

IPB Image

Well I just got a new Slim PS2 for Christmas, and FFXII. I noticed though that I am having the same issue with not only with FFXII but even the main PS2 Dashboard does not take up my entire screen, there little black strips on both sides of the image. I tried searching around on the net for people with the same problem and couldn’t find anything matching my problem. I am wondering if it’s because my TV might be a slightly off ratio.

IPB Image
Times like this I wish I had bought an LCD instead of plasma so I could just ignore problems like this without the worry of burn in  dry.gif

If anyone knows a solution, or maybe another piece of hardware to get around this It would help a  bunch, as PS2 is the only thing I asked/wanted for Christmas and not being able to play it for fear of burn in would, suck  mad.gif

corin415

• Archived User
Panasonic Th-42px6u
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 07:19:00 PM »

bump >_>