xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Hdtv  (Read 185 times)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Hdtv
« on: November 22, 2006, 10:28:00 AM »

the right direction would be posting this in the HDTV section... moving there now.

deadparrot

• Archived User
Hdtv
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 10:34:00 AM »

Personally, I didn't like what I saw of the Sony models when I was looking for an HDTV, but that's my opinion.  However, in the end, I got a Pioneer which from looking at the spec sheet I would have put below the Sony, but when you actually saw them in action, the Pioneer gave a much better picture with all kinds of content.

My advice; don't buy online until you've seen the TV in action.

m3kal

• Archived User
Hdtv
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 10:43:00 AM »

True... when i do visit major high street stores it seems to be samsung as the main, seller, but i go on line to view more like amazon, and i see more like sony etc etc. I thought of sony cuz of the bravia engine!! & with the price being more, i thought you get for what you pay!

Thanks i will look around more

wastedwardy

• Archived User
Hdtv
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 01:33:00 PM »

I've got a 40" Samsung LCD. Best thing I've ever brought - it knocks patches off the sony, not that you'll notice in your front room anyway.

XPxAxBxLxOX

• Archived User
Hdtv
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 04:19:00 PM »

I work for a television repair service and to let you know that I see alot (and I mean alot samsungs) instead of sonys.  If you are going on quality, then go with sony.  But then again, all televisions has their own set of problems.

p3eps

• Archived User
Hdtv
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 12:57:00 PM »

If you get this months What Hi-Fi - Sound and Vision magazine you'll see that the Sony Bravia 40W2000 TV gets an award for Best Picture.  They say its simply the best LCD picture in a large screen TV they've ever seen.

I went to my local Sony center and had a look... then bought online for £516 cheaper than the retail price!  Online shopping rules!

If you shop round the retailers they'll all tell you that Samsung are a 'budget' model.  Good for the money, but no comparison to Sony, Pioneer & Panasonic

jabroniekilla

• Archived User
Hdtv
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 05:12:00 AM »

I just picked up a $ony 55" DLP-LCD and I love it.  Obviously people will have different opinions, but all of the people I have talked to the $ony seems to have better quality all around.  You definately need to see the "real Picture" to understand the difference.  And remember that stores show tv's in full hd with a lot of the settings maxed.  Ask the sale person to let you play with the remote and stuff.  Get a feel for what your getting.