xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Web Design In Flash  (Read 109 times)

deadparrot

• Archived User
Web Design In Flash
« on: May 16, 2007, 01:36:00 PM »

Flash can be a very powerful tool, but be prepared to spend time on the AS side as well as the graphical side.

I have never been able to sit down and learn much AS so my Flash experience is limited to the graphical side and modifying existing code.  If you have the time to sit down and learn it (or if you have JS experience) it should not be too difficult to get down the commands you need to build a flash site.

Have fun biggrin.gif

SICKdimension

• Archived User
Web Design In Flash
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 12:30:00 AM »

In my expert opinion, building a full website in flash should very rarely be done. It is not practical except in some cases where the objective requires a great deal of interactivity. Flash-based design is 95% programming, 5% design.

For most purposes, Flash should be used to add certain elements to a page, such as navigation, a header, or an application, but not to be used to frame in the website.

FireDrill

• Archived User
Web Design In Flash
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 06:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(worcraf @ May 16 2007, 08:55 PM) View Post

Also I checked the auctions they have and I found one quite appealing that almost tempted me to bid for it...a pack of 3 games for Xbox...i didn’t cause they don’t say which games... Probably I’ll keep checking in case there is any xbox elite in the chart.

Hmm, I had a look for you but I dont think it says anywhere on the site which games they are. I suppose if you care enough you could see if they have a contact email and ask them yourself.
I do see that they have a classic Mustang for auction though, so screw the games  biggrin.gif