xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd Cover Icon Requests  (Read 112 times)

d00msday_jesus

• Archived User
Dvd Cover Icon Requests
« on: September 17, 2006, 05:27:00 PM »

So my PS skills are straight up shit. I was looking around on sites and couldnt find decent DVD covers for Slackers, Super Troopers, and 40 year old virgin. The rest of my icons look like this

IPB Image

green or black box, tilted, shadow underneath, and transparent background. Thanks a lot, and possibly a breif tutorial?

edit: I'm also lookin for two Slayer concert DVD icons to be made...War at the War Field and Still Reigning.

pichon

• Archived User
Dvd Cover Icon Requests
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2006, 10:00:00 PM »

d00msday_jesus

• Archived User
Dvd Cover Icon Requests
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 01:07:00 PM »

that's the site I looked at for them, and then googled them.

I've been looking around for a tut, but couldnt find anything.

The*galloping*zebra

• Archived User
Dvd Cover Icon Requests
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 01:40:00 PM »

Do you have Photoshop? if so I can give you the 'Actions' and it will make the box for you.

If you don't, if you can find me the covers I can run the 'Action' for you then host them up

smile.gif

d00msday_jesus

• Archived User
Dvd Cover Icon Requests
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 05:50:00 PM »

well i have PS, but I *cough* "forgot" to *cough register my product via phone tongue.gif . For whatever reason, Imageready(cs 2) works though. Will that do the job?

if not, here are the covers....

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

also one more, sorry forgot about this one

IPB Image

thanks a lot

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
Dvd Cover Icon Requests
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 07:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(d00msday_jesus @ Sep 18 2006, 06:57 PM) View Post

well i have PS, but I *cough* "forgot" to *cough register my product via phone tongue.gif . For whatever reason, Imageready(cs 2) works though. Will that do the job?

Piracy isn't taken too to lightly here, expect a short stay.

Hazanko

• Archived User
Dvd Cover Icon Requests
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2006, 10:52:00 AM »

image ready is very much a crappy version of photoshop in almost EVERY aspect. imageready, is basically photoshop, with alot of features removed and alot of nuisances added. i never use the program, since animation, slicing, and everything else imageready is "made" for can be done in photoshop. i can't remember if imageready allows you to run actions, or even transform the images period. maybe someone here will help you out.

we can't tell you NOT to pirate things, but we can tell you that you can/will get banned for discussing it. i'd watch what you say, you already have 2 warnings. after that post, i'm sure it'll supply reluctance to alot of the people here that were going to help you.

The*galloping*zebra

• Archived User
Dvd Cover Icon Requests
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2006, 10:55:00 AM »

I need a cover with a spine, for it to look right

I'll look around

edit:

Here:
IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hazanko

• Archived User
Dvd Cover Icon Requests
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 12:30:00 PM »

great work bro, that'd be really cool to use reflections instead of shadows in my opinion.
just out of curiosity... did you just use dvd decrypter to put your dvd's on your computer, then convert the dvd files into an .avi or something like that? if it requires mention of piracy to answer that question, don't answer it. also, how are you using these icons(i'm guessing that's what they are for?), are you just cusomizing the dvd backup's folder, or are you using these on the video files? just curious for no real reason, i just thought it was a cool idea to make icons for you dvd backups. i'm guessing it'd be possible to also use dvd2xbox to backup your dvd's to your box, then use icons that way?... it's been awhile since i've done xbox modding, so i'm not sure if dvd2xbox supports a NORMAL dvd, and not just .xbe's(xbox alternative to .exe)

d00msday_jesus

• Archived User
Dvd Cover Icon Requests
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 12:30:00 PM »

Thank you very much zebra.

to the rest, sorry about my comment. I have been around here long enough to know how you guys run and I sincerely did not think that that would be out of line. I'm kind of shocked that you guys took it that hard.

hazanko, I have multiple ways of getting my movie AVIs. The icons are used for the folder that houses the avi in XBMC. So instead of having a plain black folder with the movie title under it, it has the DVD box icon. DVD2Xbox doesn't work too well for DVDs as it copies all the chapers in addition to the full lengh of the movie, taking way too long and creating the chore of erasing all the unwanted stuff.

Hazanko

• Archived User
Dvd Cover Icon Requests
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 05:52:00 PM »

alright, i was just curious whether this was for your computer, or your xbox. that's a great idea for someone that has a larger drive. i'm still running with a 40gb, i was using it temporarily and figured i'd get back to changing it some point in time, but i never got aorund to it.

Xombe

• Archived User
Dvd Cover Icon Requests
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 06:32:00 PM »

Enough.

Don't re-create this thread.  You had more than enough chance to NOT bring your piracy into it with the Photoshop bit, and I won't get into the movie aquisition bit.

To quote the Queen, "We are not amused."

I see this again and your account is closed.