xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: May I Present..  (Read 217 times)

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
May I Present..
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 06:43:00 PM »

how about.. do some art.. and we can talk about it instead of just making non GFX threads to suck hole to other members...

take the hint.

KUNFUCHOPSTICKS

• Archived User
May I Present..
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 09:01:00 PM »

yeah huh?

what did he mean?

gcskate27

• Archived User
May I Present..
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2006, 09:11:00 PM »

he means, do some art and discuss it instead of having a big circle jerk... to paraphrase...  wink.gif

chuxterofdoom

• Archived User
May I Present..
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2006, 09:26:00 PM »

Yo man is it me or has the GFX forum turned into a big hating festival.  It used to be fun but now it's getting ridiculous.  Kunfu just expressed his reason for his vote.  There was no reason to hate.  Kunfu likes to come by check out what new GFX stuff has been made and comment.  So what's wrong with that?  Let's just get this thread back on track and keep it clean.  Let's not hate let's "participate" Nukka's!

lostboyz

• Archived User
May I Present..
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2006, 04:53:00 AM »

yea, im not that old but Ive been here awhile, and I definately only do it for fun, or money if the case may be.

i pretty much agree with HSD though, this really isnt necessary, im sure everyone here is great at what they do but do you need to hear it all the time? make something and then get some true commnents.

that and I dont understand fully the most likely to be an artist, because I know I am and others already are.

socalx

• Archived User
May I Present..
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2006, 05:20:00 AM »

=] i remember EMP lol that was a long time ago

lostboyz

• Archived User
May I Present..
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2006, 05:21:00 AM »

I sincerely appologize for nearly killing this but.......

doing this makes nobody get better, if anything it makes people worse. Ego with gfx dosent mean shit, its still only about how you can perceptively articulate images from thoughts and ideas, it dosent matter how big your e-penis is.

posting graphics and asking for critiques is how you get better, not by asking how do I rank with others.

this couldve been a good idea, but well, maybe it still is, just pointless

I Want More CowBell

• Archived User
May I Present..
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2006, 05:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Aug 11 2006, 06:28 AM) View Post

I sincerely appologize for nearly killing this but.......

doing this makes nobody get better, if anything it makes people worse. Ego with gfx dosent mean shit, its still only about how you can perceptively articulate images from thoughts and ideas, it dosent matter how big your e-penis is.
posting graphics and asking for critiques is how you get better, not by asking how do I rank with others.

this couldve been a good idea, but well, maybe it still is, just pointless

bingo....couldn't put it better myself...

w2kj

• Archived User
May I Present..
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2006, 07:41:00 AM »

e-penis
laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif ....lostboyz you do have a way with words!    

I wish to echo the others sentiments....the gfx forum used to be fun...I started a year ago here at XS; and guys like metal, awal, cowbell, haz, h5, bills, camdog, modderx, soupy, catty, nF, lostboyz and a whole bunch of others are the guys that truly helped me with my "rehab"; for art's sake....it used to be fun to check in and see what the others were doing....but recently it's gone downhill.  Sure there has been a few "spat's"; but that's life.  This forum is like a family...you argue for awhile...then you laugh for awhile....but you keep on keepin' on...and in the end...you stick together.

Anymore it seems that it's tuned into a pissing match; to see who can piss the farthest and the longest. blink.gif

I have reserved my "votes" for who is best in what category because it really doesn't matter....all I've got to say is that each and every one of you are talented; all of you are good at your individual styles.

Can't we all just get along and get back to art for art's sake? huh.gif  Let's get back to what we like to do....the art.

lostboyz

• Archived User
May I Present..
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2006, 08:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(w2kj @ Aug 11 2006, 07:48 AM) View Post

Can't we all just get along and get back to art for art's sake? huh.gif  Let's get back to what we like to do....the art.

I most utterly agree, Im leaving to go back to school today so with this next week of free time Im sure to spit something out. Family is family, and mine definately dosent have a who do you think is best awards, just respect everyone for what they have and what they can do, and they will help you in return.

@Areohbe I agree looking at others peoples stuff is always great inspiration and a source of wonderful ideas, what I was refering too was how saying who is the best at what is unnecessary due to the wealth of diversity we have here, everyone has there thing, and if you hang out here long enough you know exactly who that is, and to actually come out and say it almost brings down the glory a notch to me.

It seems to be the true nature of gfx forums on the internet to see who can be the most 1337, but X-S's is the best at coming together after disputes Ive ever seen on any topic forums.

Hazanko

• Archived User
May I Present..
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2006, 08:33:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

lostboyz

• Archived User
May I Present..
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »

god i love south park

chuxterofdoom

• Archived User
May I Present..
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2006, 11:00:00 AM »

I vote this thread get closed and destroyed.  Who's idea was this anyhow?  ...... biggrin.gif

lostboyz

• Archived User
May I Present..
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2006, 11:10:00 AM »

oh chuxty, so modest not wanting everyone to know how good and giving you are. its ok.  biggrin.gif

really though, awesome work im almost inspired to work on 3d

chuxterofdoom

• Archived User
May I Present..
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2006, 11:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Aug 11 2006, 12:17 PM) View Post

oh chuxty, so modest not wanting everyone to know how good and giving you are. its ok.  biggrin.gif

really though, awesome work im almost inspired to work on 3d

Well, I never cared about who was better than who really.  It's always been just fun for me.  I think when me and Areohbe came along some of the old timers felt their epenis shrivel up a bit.  muhaha.gif   They may have saw it as a hostile takeover, but I think we actually just added a spark to the old dog.  Thx for compliments lostboyz.  

Peace to all pop.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3