xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Buried; The Vette Project.  (Read 79 times)

Bomb Dropper

• Archived User
Buried; The Vette Project.
« on: July 27, 2006, 05:25:00 PM »

Before on top, After on the bottom.
This isn't my car! Believe it not some douches on other forums have falsey accused my of bullshitting saying this was mine...riiiiiiiight. I just list the 'mods' like they're real because it sounds cooler.
Changes;
- Tinted windows
- Shaved handles
- Painted calipers
- Removed red glare from original calipers, from the rim
- Removed blinkers
- Put a plate on it
- Misc. touch ups and color/shadow correction
- DROPPED!

Enjoy.

IPB Image

IPB Image

xbox_newbie

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 06:08:00 PM »

looks good but i think it looks better without the lowering, looks meaner that way

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 02:28:00 AM »

As if that car isn't low enough, haha. Those tires would SO rub, lol. Anyways, aside from the mods (which look pretty good from what I see), I would go back and re-work the levels on the photo. When you lightened it up, you lost a ton of detail on both the car and the sky. I would maybe put a faux lens filter on there (like a gradient gray or something of the like).

pitbullz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 05:54:00 AM »

i think it looks pretty good. Not to much done but you really cant do to much to that car without making it look jumbled together. You do some pretty clean work. I just think you need to start out with better quality pics. I can get you some addys for them if your interested. Great job man.

Bomb Dropper

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 09:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(pitbullz @ Jul 28 2006, 01:01 PM) View Post

i think it looks pretty good. Not to much done but you really cant do to much to that car without making it look jumbled together. You do some pretty clean work. I just think you need to start out with better quality pics. I can get you some addys for them if your interested. Great job man.

Thanks a lot man. Means a lot. Yeah I'm tryin'. You think that pic is bad quality? The original is like, 1600 by whatever I think, those are just optimized.

Yeah like I said i really didn't want to do much. It's such a sweet car, stock. So doing a lot would, like you said, make it look sloppy. I just wanted to make it scrape  tongue.gif

... What's an addy?

QUOTE(Owtlaw333 @ Jul 28 2006, 09:35 AM) View Post

As if that car isn't low enough, haha. Those tires would SO rub, lol. Anyways, aside from the mods (which look pretty good from what I see), I would go back and re-work the levels on the photo. When you lightened it up, you lost a ton of detail on both the car and the sky. I would maybe put a faux lens filter on there (like a gradient gray or something of the like).

Are you on an LCD? I'm on a CRT, so that might be something getting lost in the translation. Looks tight to me...and as far as the sky goes; the details? I killed the crappy looking clouds.

Hazanko

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 11:15:00 AM »

wait.. maybe i'm just a noob at this,
- Removed red glare from original calipers, from the rim

but... those are red break plates, they're aren't glare.. or am i just rambling?.. either way, what you've done to it looks nice laugh.gif

Hazanko

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »

oooooooooh ok ok ok .. i see now happy.gif i was going to say..

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 12:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bomb Dropper @ Jul 28 2006, 06:48 AM) View Post

Are you on an LCD? I'm on a CRT, so that might be something getting lost in the translation. Looks tight to me...and as far as the sky goes; the details? I killed the crappy looking clouds.

Nope. On CRT (can't get myself to make the switch. The space saving isn't worth the sacrifices IMO, lol)

Bomb Dropper

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 12:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(Owtlaw333 @ Jul 28 2006, 07:14 PM) View Post

Nope. On CRT (can't get myself to make the switch. The space saving isn't worth the sacrifices IMO, lol)

Agreed. No matter how 'close' you try to get black on an LCD... it just ain't black. Not to mention the overall quality, IMO just isn't there yet. I'd rather have 2 oven-sized monitors that look the absolute tits, than have 2, half ounce sheets of plastic that look decent.

Hazanko

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 12:48:00 PM »

ihave to say, alot of older input devices(ie. monitors, keyboards, SOME mice) much exceed the devices today. i'm still using the first monitor i ever bought(19" CTR monitor) and my first keyboard(both are over 8 years old) i love them.. the only thing i've updated over the years are my mice, becuase the damn balls in the things i hated.(i now use a wacom tablet which i ABSOLUTELY love.)

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2006, 08:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hazanko @ Jul 28 2006, 09:55 AM) View Post

ihave to say, alot of older input devices(ie. monitors, keyboards, SOME mice) much exceed the devices today. i'm still using the first monitor i ever bought(19" CTR monitor) and my first keyboard(both are over 8 years old) i love them.. the only thing i've updated over the years are my mice, becuase the damn balls in the things i hated.(i now use a wacom tablet which i ABSOLUTELY love.)

8yrs? And it's not outta focus yet? I too have a Wacom, but it will never replace my mouse. It gets too irritating to move my hand back and forth a foot accross the pad to surf the net or navigate the desktop. Unless you have a smaller one, then I guess it would be a lil better.

Hazanko

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2006, 09:36:00 PM »

nope.. this monitor is still crystal clear. it's a CTX - Ultra Screen if that helps at all.. i can't find a pik of it on the net.. just look at my room image(posted awhile ago) laugh.gif

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2006, 09:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hazanko @ Jul 28 2006, 06:43 PM) View Post

just look at my room image(posted awhile ago) laugh.gif

As if I'd really go through the trouble rolleyes.gif haha

EDIT: Would it happen to be one of these? (these are what popped up on google, lol)
IPB Image
IPB Image