xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The True God Of Ps  (Read 114 times)

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
The True God Of Ps
« on: June 10, 2006, 12:52:00 AM »

IPB Image
here is my friends most recent work
he just got a tablet and has been using it to the max
he just turned 18

goes by the name Dinaitius online he has asked i dont use his real name

enjoy

*edit
hope you can see it now

Wolves

• Archived User
The True God Of Ps
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 12:57:00 AM »

Can't see it sad.gif

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
The True God Of Ps
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 02:51:00 AM »

Eh... It's decent, but I definately wouldn't go as far as saying he's the god of PS. Looks more like a colored-in pencil drawing more than anything.

pitbullz

• Archived User
The True God Of Ps
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 06:46:00 AM »

yeah its pretty cool definately did a good job. I personally dont like the painting look but its very good none the less and hes' def got some talent he should be here photoshopping and learning some more techniques. Get him in touch with metal,haz,headshots,wahoo,noob,outlaw, and some others and he will definately have some great stuff going on in his art world smile.gif

also would like to say its been nice seeing more than sigs around here lately. Ive seen paintings,cd covers,tutorials,tattoos and much more lately its been great giving some more variety to xs-scene. i like doing sigs but i got burned out on them for a while. Lets keep it up all woot

Hazanko

• Archived User
The True God Of Ps
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 07:10:00 AM »

i think it looks pretty sweet...

i think it would be something more impressive, if you had posted images, showing his work in succession(so the pencil drawing, starting to add color, finshed with color, then application of effects) that way we could really see what he went through to create the piece. regardless to common belief, even a piece done in photoshop, could be the most amazing looking piece of digital art ever, but yet the steps to get the result were very easy(i.e. filter whoring). since i haven't seen the originial drawing, i still think that this LOOKS really cool, but does it really say that he is a god at photoshop? becuase i've found/created some nice looking effects in photoshop before, by just using green canvas, and a smudge tool:
example:
IPB ImageIPB Image
PERSONALLY i think those LOOK really cool, but are those really THAT hard to do? i'm not trying to offend your friend or anything... but i'm sure you get my point. without proof of a challenge, where is the accomplishment?

lostboyz

• Archived User
The True God Of Ps
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 04:38:00 PM »

Haz, i partly agree with you. Yes filter whoring in my opinion is just shite. I think even if something was easily done, or hard but done quickly, if it came out the same way you had thought it up in your mind then that is where the accomplishment is. Some of the things I have made are not hard to do, but having all these crazy thoughts and then creating them in a physical way is where I get so much enjoyment.

There was this video project in broadcasting I had awhile back in HS, It was to make a music video. I chose Zug Island -Fly (psychopathic record band, my groupmate actually knew them and loved the video). Well I wrote this thing out before hand into great detail. And after 3 works of intense computer time and rendering when I saw it for the first time completed, I got light headed and goose bumps. It just looked perfect in my eyes, and was the most pleasure I ever got from a digital art perspective. So yea long example to short message, physically creating a plan and coming out like you imagined is where I get my acheivement from.

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
The True God Of Ps
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 07:29:00 PM »

his goal was to make the picture as if it were drawn by pencil
he drew every inch of that picture in photoshop with a tablet

im trying to see if i can get his picture of clouds that he made
he said that there is 40 some layers to it

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
The True God Of Ps
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 01:44:00 AM »

I never understood the point of using a digital format to emulate another. I use Painter from time to time but that's because I don't have the time, patience, or will to spend money to get paints. But that's Painter - a program that was designed to emulate such things. But to use Photoshop to purposely make something look like a colored-in pencil drawing is just odd to me.

On the issue with filters and short-cuts... I have no issue with filters or digital formats to get the job done as long as what comes out of it is successful. In the art world, there's no such thing as cheating as long as you aren't copying. If it gets the job done more efficiently, it's all good.

With that said, I don't think there were any filters used on this piece. I just don't see where there could have been any used. Blur or glow at the very least, but nothing like those filters that are useless like Neon or whatever it's called.

And is it just me or is this pic REALLY compressed? Do you have a better quality version of it?

Bomb Dropper

• Archived User
The True God Of Ps
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 08:19:00 AM »

I think it looks like shit. biggrin.gif

Not sure why there are bubbles in the sky, the hands don't look right. I mean, it's alright, yeah, but for you to have called him the God of the program is quite laughable. I mean, most of us here have seen better stuff from a David Cross/Scott Kelby TUTORIAL, yknow? You also mentioned something about how another one of his works has "like 40 layers." That's not a lot... at all.  Also, just because he's 18 isn't a big deal either. I've seen better, younger.

Using Photoshop to make a colored pencil drawing, is like using dynamite to build sandcastles.

CattyKid

• Archived User
The True God Of Ps
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 08:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Jun 10 2006, 06:45 PM) View Post

physically creating a plan and coming out like you imagined is where I get my acheivement from.

beerchug.gif Cheers to that mate!

Hazanko

• Archived User
The True God Of Ps
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 09:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(Bomb Dropper @ Jun 13 2006, 09:26 AM) View Post

Using Photoshop to make a colored pencil drawing, is like using dynamite to build sandcastles.

THAT'S POSSIBLE?!?! o.O
bad analogy wink.gif i think: using photoshop to make a colored pencil drawing, is like using your car to transport rabid squirrels; sure they are both possible, but it's nothing SPECTACULAR.

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
The True God Of Ps
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 09:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(Bomb Dropper @ Jun 13 2006, 05:26 AM) View Post

Not sure why there are bubbles in the sky

My guess is that it's under water and those those clouds are actually corel/reef/rocks....... maybe.....

Hazanko

• Archived User
The True God Of Ps
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 09:48:00 AM »

that makes ALOT more sense to me wink.gif it's like, the guy above, is reaching down to save the drowning "hand". is  Dinaitius religious? this is almost like it's supposed to be god reaching down and saving the drowning hand. or... there could be no meaning to this piece, it's just artwork, wink.gif

Bomb Dropper

• Archived User
The True God Of Ps
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 12:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hazanko @ Jun 13 2006, 04:23 PM) View Post

THAT'S POSSIBLE?!?! o.O
bad analogy wink.gif i think: using photoshop to make a colored pencil drawing, is like using your car to transport rabid squirrels; sure they are both possible, but it's nothing SPECTACULAR.

It's actually a perfect analogy if you thought about it for more than .28 of a second... and didn't try to filibuster and implant you're own ridiculous attempt at a joke.

The dynamite is Photoshop. The sand castle building is the colored pencil application.  Using something extremely powerful to create something very simple... would be overkill.  Your squirrel line is utterly ridiculous.  Don't quit your day job - the comedy circuit isn't your gig.

Get it now, genius?  tongue.gif

lostboyz

• Archived User
The True God Of Ps
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2006, 12:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(Bomb Dropper @ Jun 13 2006, 12:23 PM) View Post

It's actually a perfect analogy if you thought about it for more than .28 of a second... and didn't try to filibuster and implant you're own ridiculous attempt at a joke.

The dynamite is Photoshop. The sand castle building is the colored pencil application.  Using something extremely powerful to create something very simple... would be overkill.  Your squirrel line is utterly ridiculous.  Don't quit your day job - the comedy circuit isn't your gig.

Get it now, genius?  tongue.gif

chill man, we are all friends here. what do you think we are the hardware forums?
Pages: [1] 2