xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Finally Finished My Psp  (Read 96 times)

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
Finally Finished My Psp
« on: April 19, 2006, 04:24:00 PM »

IPB Image

finished this today in my 3d class then played in photoshop

please comment on how i did i would like to know if its good enough to enter in a contest at school

paulharris2005

• Archived User
Finally Finished My Psp
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 04:35:00 PM »

i dont know much about this sorta thing but that looks nice to me lol.
what program did you do it in?
we cant really say if its good enough to enter a contest at school, but your only about a year and a half older than me i think and thats better than anything i could do.

h34d5h0tz

• Archived User
Finally Finished My Psp
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 04:50:00 PM »

shouldnt there be light coming from the lamp? the psp looks too thin. the reflections look good. by looking at the shadow of the lamp, there is another light source coming from the right of the pencil, so there should be shadows from that source. maybe a better table top, like marble or glass. the rest looks pretty good. the psp, mostly the screen, is pretty roungh though. probably from distorting it to get the right perspective?

socalx

• Archived User
Finally Finished My Psp
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 05:03:00 PM »

i cant realy see it that well but it looks good to me just the table needs to be like a diff material like glass and that pencil is to fat lol

or it atlest looks that way lol

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
Finally Finished My Psp
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(h34d5h0tz @ Apr 19 2006, 04:57 PM) View Post

shouldnt there be light coming from the lamp? the psp looks too thin. the reflections look good. by looking at the shadow of the lamp, there is another light source coming from the right of the pencil, so there should be shadows from that source. maybe a better table top, like marble or glass. the rest looks pretty good. the psp, mostly the screen, is pretty roungh though. probably from distorting it to get the right perspective?

there is light coming from the lamp
there is 2 light sorces one off in the distance and one from the lamp (the lamp spots down on the psp)
the reason why it doesnt look like there is any light coming from the lamp is because the bulb isnt very bright colored
i need to fix it so it is

yes the screen is rough becuase of the angle
the marble looking table distorts the color of the psp because of the reflection that it gives
instead of black it turns it gray
i cant realy see it that well but it looks good to me just the table needs to be like a diff material like glass and that pencil is to fat lol

or it atlest looks that way lol

i tried glass and it doesnt look that good becuase the "sky" is black thats all that reflects

the pencil is a little too big but i dont care i made it at the last minute

thanks for the replys keep 'em coming

socalx

• Archived User
Finally Finished My Psp
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 05:28:00 PM »

ok then try changing the wood to like a diff type of wood.try to make it more realistic looking and you need to change the lamp color cuz you cant see it that well because the sky is black too.try making it kinda chromish or something like that.

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
Finally Finished My Psp
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 06:06:00 PM »

k i redid some stuff

IPB Image

better? worse?

socalx

• Archived User
Finally Finished My Psp
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »

looks tuns better but you realy need to change to like a diff wood cuz that one looks realy fake lol oh and make the erasor shorter on the pencil it looks reatarted

h34d5h0tz

• Archived User
Finally Finished My Psp
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2006, 07:30:00 PM »

looks better. but as socalx said, the table top texture still is bad. white marble would look nice.

SickJoda

• Archived User
Finally Finished My Psp
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 07:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(_GhOsT_ @ Apr 19 2006, 06:13 PM) View Post

k i redid some stuff

IPB Image

better? worse?

How is the PSP standing? with mine it has to be flat on the bottom, this is tilted.

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
Finally Finished My Psp
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2006, 11:36:00 PM »

the oh so greatness of the psp makes it stand on its own

gta_hack3r

• Archived User
Finally Finished My Psp
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 12:20:00 AM »

Nah, I heard you can buy those special PSP's which stand tilted on their own. Anyway, _GhOsT_ it looks great, nothing you need to change (except the table texture/material wink.gif )