xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Rate This Sig Above You  (Read 244 times)

juanman

• Archived User
Rate This Sig Above You
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2006, 08:59:00 PM »

sad.gif
come on man, ive improved so much since the black and white sigs...

CattyKid

• Archived User
Rate This Sig Above You
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2006, 10:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(juanman @ Apr 22 2006, 09:06 PM) View Post

sad.gif
come on man, ive improved so much since the black and white sigs...

Meh, it's all about taste.  I do agree you have improved a lot: that much is undeniable.  I've seen some sigs and manips from "Masters" that I thought were garbage and some ones from nobodies that I thought were amazing.  
Some smart guy once said:
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

and:
One man's trash is another man's treasure

We all have different opinions...

Anyway, I'll give you a 7.5.  Not too clutterred, which is different from most sigs, but I think it could use a render or *something* in the middle to draw attention, besides the circle?  Maybe an orb, or orb with a render in it??

EDITL: Remember how I said I can see Hazanko's pics again?  I lied.  That was on my Dad's laptop.  I never had a problem viewing them on there.  I can't see them on my computer, which I am on right NOW.  Work fine on his laptop, though... dry.gif

h34d5h0tz

• Archived User
Rate This Sig Above You
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2006, 12:19:00 AM »

pretty generic abstract background, no blending of the penguin; the outer glow doesnt help any but make it worse. pixel font isnt meant to be used how you used it. when using pixel fonts, set it to 8 px, with none of that smooth/strong/crisp/sharp stuff.

juanman

• Archived User
Rate This Sig Above You
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2006, 01:14:00 AM »

excellent background, good blending on the render, good pattern overlays, overall, very nice sig

btw, i when i get around to it, i want to add broken glass to the circle, i tried to make the rest look like glass over the background, and for the middle i want to make it look like the glass was shattered out...when i get around to it...

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
Rate This Sig Above You
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2006, 02:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(h34d5h0tz @ Apr 22 2006, 09:26 PM) View Post

pixel font isnt meant to be used how you used it. when using pixel fonts, set it to 8 px, with none of that smooth/strong/crisp/sharp stuff.

I dissagree. You can use pixel font at larger sizes. It's all dependent on context and style. Although it doesn't match with it being beveled, it would be fine if it were flat.

juanman

• Archived User
Rate This Sig Above You
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2006, 11:51:00 AM »

i didnt use any filters or styles. the only thing i used was layer blending, the rest was done was brushes and the blur tool.

saunders73

• Archived User
Rate This Sig Above You
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2006, 07:59:00 PM »

i give juanman an 8 becuase i really like the brushing he did, and its not to crowded and slick and smooth

CattyKid

• Archived User
Rate This Sig Above You
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2006, 10:01:00 PM »

I give Saunders a 7.5.  Would have been much higher, but I'm not really "feeling" the text.  Looks like the bevel was overdone.  I REALLY like the background, like, a lot.  I don't know what is so good about it, but I like it.

Anyone mind rating this one?  I did it a week or two ago and like it... even though I know it could use some tweeks, I'm just not sure WHAT tweeks is could use:
IPB Image

Thanks!

EDIT: BTW, that lighting was custom-made, by yours truly.  And that was pretty much the idea and color scheme the guy wanted, well, at least the electric chair, the rest was my idea!!!!  He said he wanted his name, someone being electrocuted, and the X-S logo.  I love creativity!

h34d5h0tz

• Archived User
Rate This Sig Above You
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2006, 10:16:00 PM »

did you make the electricity by using clouds as the base? theres too much elecricity on the right side of the chair. the orange background doesnt go good with the purple electricity. the render of the guy in the chair could be larger. the XS man would look better centered on the tombstone. right now, you made the effects for the text make it look like it is indented into the tombstong; while the xs man is protruding from the tombstone. i would suggest making them both indented. i think this will make a nice indented effect:
ill try to do this from memory,
bevel and emboss the xs man
at the bottom of the bevel and emboss settings, there is a black color box, and a white color box. to the left of each there is darken and multiply(i think). swap the colors, so change the black to white, and the white to black. then switch the darken and multiply(or what ever they are called). you should have a good indented xs man now.

overall, its a pretty creative sig, so ill give it a 6.

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
Rate This Sig Above You
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2006, 02:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(juanman @ Apr 23 2006, 08:58 AM) View Post

i didnt use any filters or styles. the only thing i used was layer blending, the rest was done was brushes and the blur tool.

Styles, Blending... same thing. Save the Blending Options and what do you get? A Style.  tongue.gif And using the blur tool might as well be a filter... hell, there's blur options under Filters, lol. The tool's just more selective. Anyways, you get what I meant.

juanman

• Archived User
Rate This Sig Above You
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2006, 05:48:00 PM »

yeah i understand what you mean. when they said about the filters it seemed like they thought everything was made from filters. made it seem like i didnt put as much work into as i did, just didnt sound nice to me...

Wolves

• Archived User
Rate This Sig Above You
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2006, 01:06:00 AM »

6, I like the border, but that circle in the middle just doesn't look all that great IMO.

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
Rate This Sig Above You
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2006, 12:55:00 AM »

i like it but i dont like wolves that much

rate this one for me (just whipped it up, its late and Im tierd)
IPB Image
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]