xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Well, It Turns Out I Have Absolutely No Idea What I Am Doing.  (Read 65 times)

Granulated

• Archived User

I've never actually tried to make a signature before now.

All of my 3-4 years of messing around with photoshop have all been spent in editing/combining photos.   Never really creating anything.

I've never even used a brush outside of the standard one, for cryin out loud.

So, I just tinted my taillights and I was gonna see if I could make a nifty signature with some decent transparancy effects...

I got this far:

http://www.uwplatt.e...win/sighelp.psd

and I have NO idea how to finish it...

So, someone fix it, and walk me through how you did it...that will be the best way for me to learn, I think...

If you want more pictures, I've got a few more here:

http://uwplatt.faceb...ff&id=184800787

lostboyz

• Archived User
Well, It Turns Out I Have Absolutely No Idea What I Am Doing.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 07:34:00 PM »

Heres a quickie, im by no means good at making sigs, and I never use custom brushes either

IPB Image

BTW saw you posted those pics from face book so i sent you a friend request

EDIT:

brightened it up a lil bit
IPB Image

juanman

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 08:14:00 PM »

man, buy some rims or atleast some hubcaps for that car, damn, photoshop some in
sorry, i dont like the blackness of the rims  sad.gif

Granulated

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 09:29:00 PM »

That looks pretty good...

I thought I could keep the background in, but there really wasn't any way to do that.

Those are my winter rims....I got 17" gunmetal split 5 spoke coming sometime...I hope....

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 02:23:00 AM »

Flippin' through the forums and saw this and figured I'd pass some time with this. Didn't use ur file, but I used one of ur others.  Juss somethin' I wipped up real quick.

IPB Image
Wasn't sure how light ta go on the left side:
IPB Image

Granulated

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 01:23:00 PM »

That looks pretty good too smile.gif

Can I ask what effects you used on the background?  It's obviously blurred, but with what tool?  

I like the blurred license plate, too..haha

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2006, 12:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(Granulated @ Mar 22 2006, 12:30 PM) View Post

That looks pretty good too smile.gif

Can I ask what effects you used on the background?  It's obviously blurred, but with what tool?  

I like the blurred license plate, too..haha

It's actually about 3 layers. Motion blur was used on one in one direction, then I duplicate it. Motion blur the dublicate in a slightly different direction, then duplicate that one. Repeat once more and you have 3 blurred layers. I then started erasing the top layers starting from the left side.  In short is basically to give the sense of accelerating speed as you move ur eye from the left to right. But I erased all the blur from the top stuff like the clouds and mountains (cuz things in the distance don't blur from motion).  And I didn't think you'd want ur license plate advertised all over the net, haha. Also (it's a lil subtle), I added a lil blur to the wheels as well.... like I said, I had some time ta waste biggrin.gif

Oh, and I also added some color shading effects (obviously). Nothing worse than a boring background IMO. But it also helps to focus on the car.

Granulated

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 09:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(Owtlaw333 @ Mar 23 2006, 01:22 AM) View Post

It's actually about 3 layers. Motion blur was used on one in one direction, then I duplicate it. Motion blur the dublicate in a slightly different direction, then duplicate that one. Repeat once more and you have 3 blurred layers. I then started erasing the top layers starting from the left side.  In short is basically to give the sense of accelerating speed as you move ur eye from the left to right. But I erased all the blur from the top stuff like the clouds and mountains (cuz things in the distance don't blur from motion).  And I didn't think you'd want ur license plate advertised all over the net, haha. Also (it's a lil subtle), I added a lil blur to the wheels as well.... like I said, I had some time ta waste biggrin.gif

Oh, and I also added some color shading effects (obviously). Nothing worse than a boring background IMO. But it also helps to focus on the car.

Ahh, I see...thank you...that helps biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Altima NEO @ Mar 22 2006, 11:05 PM) View Post

lol, yeah man
def need some tinted windows, rims, and maybe drop it
all which can be photoshopped in happy.gif

Tinted windows and rims are coming soon.

It's already been dropped 2" biggrin.gif

IPB Image