xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I Guess This Is The Right Place.....  (Read 106 times)

deakphreak

• Archived User
I Guess This Is The Right Place.....
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2006, 12:08:00 AM »

Thanks for the suggestion but the host can handle it. I dont know the guy personally that does my hosting, more of a friend of a friend type thing. And the  friend i met online so i dont know  him personally either HA HA  but as  far as i know the hosting is through bestweb.net or something.  Anyway its a great host and ive got a very fast connection and bandwidth.  smile.gif  I used a basic script that someone gave me,  you can  find the zip file on my xbox portion of my site http://www.icp4ever.com/Xbox and play with it.  Ive added a ton of my own php coding and other various things to get it where it is now.  I also use portions of that script and a bunch of my own for the winamp sig.  Hope that helps smile.gif

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2006, 02:19:00 PM »

Your ausome metaldevil. You have really helped out!! Keep them coming as long as your willing to make them. The comic sans font is one of my fav's.  Ive also made a new winamp sig.

IPB Image
Im going to work on getting a transparent version of it and make it smaller when i get home from work.

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2006, 02:53:00 PM »

HA HA HA that pic is great and the spidey one is done.  Im going to start linking to the cached image instead of making them generate each time, that way you can see the final product.  The theme is spidey.  I cant do bold text very easy unless the font i use is already bold. Im working on making a function to call to easily do bold text. Otherwise i can draw it in one spot, have it move 1 pixel, draw the text again, move a pixel.... you get the idea.  So for the sake of me being lazy and bold not being THAT important, i have left it out.

IPB Image

Im going to remove a bunch of the skins that i dont care for and that the original maker of the basic script made.  Im going to take out his themes so all the themes will be exclusive or whatever smile.gif

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 12:13:00 AM »

Well ive spend this WHOLE  day cleaning up the code and adding features which is mainly just easier for me. Now i can add a folder of a new theme  and  it will automatically update the theme  to the drop down option  menu on my site. It also shows how many total themes there are. That doesnt sound like a lot, but it  was a ton of code and cleaning it up took a bit of time  as well as trying  to fix  the transparent  gif  images. Its all fixed up now and the batman theme is done.  PNG support is coming.

IPB Image

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 12:46:00 AM »

Ive just added the jpg version of the batman theme.  You can have  2 different ones depending on your extention.... i told you the possibilities are endless lol i just need to try and limit my scripting so my wife doesnt get mad. She keeps herself  busy with the DS/GBA though.

IPB Image

Ive also included a bold function smile.gif  I can also do shadows heh, just do one text color on top of another or any color font in the format R,G,B, here is an example of bold with a shadow.

IPB Image

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2006, 02:04:00 AM »

ok PNG support has been added but i prefer not to use it if i dont have to since it doesnt have as much compatibility. I use IE mainly so i dont really care for it, but your welcome to  make some png images if you want. Hopefully IE7 will have that fixed and display the transparency.

If you make a png image then you can decide what color the background will be if someone uses that theme with a  jpg or gif  extention. Otherwise i will decide for myself what color looks  best.

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2006, 09:24:00 AM »

cool.  I will have a png version of the XS skin shortly so if you want to change your tag for now to http://www.icp4ever....ghtbeers.xs.png then as soon as i get it working with transparency then it will automaticly update. wink.gif

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2006, 10:03:00 AM »

The batman one looks fine as a gif since its only black and white so i will keep it a gif so it has transparency among all browsers, thanx though smile.gif

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2006, 10:27:00 AM »

alba theme is done.

IPB Image

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2006, 01:22:00 PM »

Just added the feature to have a random .jpg, .gif or .png theme.  That way if you like the transparent gif's you can choose to only have those, or the png's.

gamertag.randomgif.gif
gamertag.randompng.png

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2006, 01:57:00 PM »

It wont let me use my username..

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2006, 02:01:00 PM »

I do have firefox and used to use it for a bit, but for some reason im still sticking with IE.  If the new IE7 has transparent png support then im going to do away with ALL the gifs and make them all png.  Just dont use batman on a dark background lmao  I will see what i can do with it a bit later, not a high priority.  Id really like to see a sweet png done though with some cool effects.

Modderxtrordanare - read the FAQ i listed on that section or read through this thread again.  I have to give you access. Right now im letting people use them who help contribute themes. wink.gif

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2006, 01:23:00 PM »

Ive changed all the sizes that were too big so they go along with the rules on here. Ive decided that im going to up the refresh time on the gamercards a bit and allow anyone that wants to use them can.  Im still going to have a list of "allowed" users but just let me know you want to use the service and i will add your gamertag.  smile.gif  You can thank metaldevil for a bunch of ausome themes. Right now the cache time is set for 10 min.

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2006, 07:48:00 PM »

Sweet man thanks.  Maybe i should let this thread die off and start a new one where people can submit requests for gamercards ect. and name it so people know what the thread is about. Id like other people to make some too, im sure metaldevil is sick of always making themes lol
Pages: 1 [2]