xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Don't We All Wish  (Read 82 times)

CattyKid

• Archived User
Don't We All Wish
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2006, 04:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(metaldevil @ Jan 27 2006, 11:51 AM) View Post

That's what I was talking about not your monitor's screen. He started the thread linking to two pictures. One was of a PSP with a white background. I didn't use that. The other was of a woman holding a worn PSP with glare from the flash of the camera. That's the one I used. I found a pic online of PGR3, and I masked, resized and rotated it to fit in the PSP's screen area in the picture with the woman. Then, I changed the PGR3 layer's blend mode to screen.

I didn't add any wear or glare because it was already present in the picture with the woman. That's also why I told deadparrot, "why would I want to do double the work if there's already a scratched-up PSP there?" It's much simpler and much easier to just use the existing PSP and Photoshop the PSP's screen area than it would to Photoshop an entirely different PSP plus custom screen into that image. You see what I'm saying? Instead of taking half an hour or so to do the full PSP and screen and have it look mildly convincing, it only took me a minute and a half to put a screen on there. Besides, the way I did it looks realistic.

I welcome anyone to take that picture and start a rumor about how someone managed to hack the PSP to get PGR3 to stream directly from the 360. You can make up a name for this mysterious hacker if you want. I bet a lot of people will be fooled if they don't say, "It looks real, but it's gotta be Photoshopped." That'd be a neat experiment to run. Not to make money, but to see just how many people will be fooled by it. laugh.gif Seriously, though, I'm interested in how many people can be convinced that it's real.

Okay, thanks for the explanation, and sorry for the misunderstanding.  I'd be interested in helping you pull off the thinking part of this little scheme of yours.  How about the Official PSP or Xbox Forums?  Or would we be banned pretty quickly?  How about one of the "lesser" Xbox-Hacking sites?  Maybe a PSP hacking site?
Obviously, it would mean a permanent ban.
If you don't want to, I might just do this.

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
Don't We All Wish
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2006, 04:18:00 PM »

You could make a much more realistic version of a psp with a screen of some game it cant really play if you were to take your own psp pictures.  I have one if anyone wants a picture of me holding a psp.

WhatsArules?

• Archived User
Don't We All Wish
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2006, 04:29:00 PM »

Blur the whole thing, make it look like a shitty pic

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
Don't We All Wish
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2006, 09:59:00 PM »

I need a camera, but Ill have my digi cam tomorow, so Ill post it up then.
Any sort of angle wanted, or should I take like 5 different ones and you pick the most usable?

CattyKid

• Archived User
Don't We All Wish
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2006, 10:07:00 PM »

So, are we all in on this?  Which pics do you think I should use?  Any examples for the explanations for this phenominon?
I'll be registering at a PSP site shortly, I should get a few posts in.

EDIT: Yeah, I'll def. need an angle.  Definately.  So, hmm, what to take...
Any quick username suggestions?
And, yeah, don't make the pic too clear, maybe pixelate and/or gaussian blur it.  

What an elaborate ruse!
Pages: 1 [2]