xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: My First Sig  (Read 187 times)

CattyKid

• Archived User
My First Sig
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2006, 11:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Modderxtrordanare @ Jan 16 2006, 12:55 AM) View Post

One word, Border.

It should make it drastically better in my opinion.

You shall ask, and you shall receive.
Two options, the white border or the black:
IPB Image
And the other:
IPB Image

BTW: I agree with you.  Who knew a few pixels would make such a difference?
I like the black border the best.

EDIT: Do you mind telling me how you got the white AND Black border?  I like it.

Visualizer

• Archived User
My First Sig
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2006, 11:14:00 PM »

http://www.pixel2lif..._Photoshop/All/

The tutorials there help ALOT. They helped me get started in photoshop about 5 or 6 months ago. I suggest reading the "Basic Help and Navigation" tuts first. Learning the basics first is invaluable later on when you need just that extra something to help make your artwork look better. Keep up the good work man.

CattyKid

• Archived User
My First Sig
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2006, 11:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(Visualizer @ Jan 16 2006, 01:21 AM) View Post

http://www.pixel2lif..._Photoshop/All/

The tutorials there help ALOT. They helped me get started in photoshop about 5 or 6 months ago. I suggest reading the "Basic Help and Navigation" tuts first. Learning the basics first is invaluable later on when you need just that extra something to help make your artwork look better. Keep up the good work man.

Thanks.  I'll take a look tomorrow.
Now, my LAST update for tonight.  Here is my sig, WITH SCANLINES!  Hooray!
IPB Image
I think it looks fantastic with the scanlines!

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
My First Sig
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2006, 11:21:00 PM »

I make a box using the one pixel horizontal and vertical marquee tools, then move it down and to the right and fill with white then up and to the left twice then fill with white so it leaves the pixels that arent directly on the edge but one away with white.  then i move it back to be selecting the outermost pixels and fill with black.

Confusing, pictures might help but I'm lazy and theres probably a easier way to make a border but this is super fast but hard to explain

Also, with those scan lines, I'd make them diagonal instead of horizontal, and lower the opacity on them some more.

CattyKid

• Archived User
My First Sig
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2006, 11:27:00 PM »

I'm exhausted.  On last pic, lowered the opacity, not sure how to do diagonal scanlines, no time to make the border.  Tomorrow I'll try them both.

IPB Image

Goodnight, and thanks for all the help.

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
My First Sig
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2006, 12:07:00 AM »

I made you a tutorial on how to make scanlines just now.  So tomorow or whenever you get back, check it out.

Its huge so I didnt post a direct image here, its 1024x4500 pixels.

CattyKid

• Archived User
My First Sig
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2006, 08:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(Modderxtrordanare @ Jan 16 2006, 02:14 AM) View Post

I made you a tutorial on how to make scanlines just now.  So tomorow or whenever you get back, check it out.

Its huge so I didnt post a direct image here, its 1024x4500 pixels.

Thanks, that was fool-proof.  It was really easy, and it looks pretty good.  I'm not sure if I like the diagonal or horizontal scanlines better, though, I have to think.
With your border, I don't know what the horizontal and vertical marquee tools are, sorry.
Here is my picture with the diagonal scanlines:
IPB Image
I think Soupy's going to be proud of his pupil!

CattyKid

• Archived User
My First Sig
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2006, 12:54:00 PM »

Once again, thanks for the help.  Looks like I'm about done with this sig.  I think it turned out pretty well.
Here it is (couldn't have been done without your help):
IPB Image
The border looks uncomparably better, thanks.

The fact that it's a .jpg makes my renders look smoother than they really are (I think) and does the same for the scanlines.

Any more suggestions, I think I'll make this my new sig!!!

EDIT: I still LOVE the lighting effect on the Master Chief's armor.  Photoshop is awesome!  love.gif  love.gif

EDIT2:
I figured I need my name in there somewhere, so I stuck it in the bottom right hand corner.  I like the font and size, but I'm not sure about the color.
IPB Image

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
My First Sig
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2006, 01:08:00 PM »

Other than the border on the right side where the black part is 2 px thick instead of one and all the other sides are one pixel, thats great.  The blue name kind of stands out though.

EDIT: Just went and fixed that background for you.

IPB Image

XLostSpartanX

• Archived User
My First Sig
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2006, 02:19:00 PM »

your doing good man, check out my sig... ive been photoshopping for 6 days now and i made this one yesterday.  just keep praticing youll get alot better

soupy_31

• Archived User
My First Sig
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2006, 04:05:00 PM »

Damn dude, when did you finally go to sleep? lol

You did alot of great stuff from last night till now, but you still need to start spicing up your text.
Great stuff CattyKid! If we see more stuff like this you will be winning SOTW's in no time.
beerchug.gif

CattyKid

• Archived User
My First Sig
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2006, 04:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(soupy_31 @ Jan 16 2006, 06:12 PM) View Post

Damn dude, when did you finally go to sleep? lol

You did alot of great stuff from last night till now, but you still need to start spicing up your text.
Great stuff CattyKid! If we see more stuff like this you will be winning SOTW's in no time.
beerchug.gif

Thanks.  I know MooderX fixed it for me, but I went and fixed the border myself.

Here we go, the final copy (I couldn't get my name to fit in this one):
IPB Image

Thanks for EVERYONE who helped.  You ALL really helped.

CattyKid

• Archived User
My First Sig
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2006, 05:36:00 PM »

I'm working on another game-themed sig.  It should be up tonight (I have a ton of homework).  If not, look for it tomorrow night.

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
My First Sig
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2006, 05:39:00 PM »

If you dont like being restricted to the few and overly used renders, you should try making your own and youll be able to have whatever image you want instead of a small selection.

Damn, speaking of homework... I have tons of trig and history due tomorow.  Im out.

CattyKid

• Archived User
My First Sig
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2006, 08:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(Modderxtrordanare @ Jan 16 2006, 07:46 PM) View Post

If you dont like being restricted to the few and overly used renders, you should try making your own and youll be able to have whatever image you want instead of a small selection.

Damn, speaking of homework... I have tons of trig and history due tomorow.  Im out.

Like with the extract tool from just in game pictures and such?  Is that what you mean?  If it is, that's what I've been doing (at least with the Master Chief and the Energy Sword).  Or do you mean another way?

(I use Google Image Search, then save the image and extract the part that I want.)

EDIT: No update tonight.  Just spent over 1 hour trying to burn an MPEG video, which plays fine, to a DVD.  No gots.  AV is WAY off, even using Roxio DVD Builder.  No dice at all.  I've got about 10 programs (all legal) installed on my computer for the purpose, and none worked.  I'm just bringing my video in on a flash drive to play on my teacher's computer, which he can hook up to the TV (I call it a Ghetto X2VGA).  I'm really going to try to have a nice update for tomorrow.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4