xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Flash Mx2004 Help  (Read 231 times)

Twasi

• Archived User
Flash Mx2004 Help
« on: September 04, 2005, 09:06:00 PM »

Well I tried this in the Dump but all I got was worthless sarcastic replies, I'm working on a flash document and I was woundering if anyone that had experience with flash could PM their screen name so I could ask a few questions, I would ask them here but they are pretty vague and the questioning would go back and forth a ton. Anyways I would really appreciate it. I tried to get help at flashkit.com but they are worse than the dump. rolleyes.gif

leeCh_MSI

• Archived User
Flash Mx2004 Help
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 09:40:00 PM »

man.....flash was extremely annoying......im a software programmer......so i know  computers pretty well but flash just pisses me off...lol

id suggest actually asking someone on an official flash site....

what part of oregon u live in?...im in eugene

Twasi

• Archived User
Flash Mx2004 Help
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 10:59:00 PM »

I live in Canby, it's rather small and around 45 minutes away from Portland.  Anyways I guess I'll try the official website. my main problem is that I can change the overall FPS of the document but when I want a part to run faster I don't know how to make it have a larger FPS requirement or whatever. When I want something to stay on the screen longer I just put multiple copies of those frames up, but obviously this won't work when im trying to make things go faster. If anyone knows the answer I would be greatful. I've tried using tutorials and the helpfiles but I can't find animation tutorials concerning this and the help files have that god awful filing system.

I'm thinking I can use the "timeline" feature I don't know, this isn't my only problem but it's the one I need to solve before I can move on. Anyways thanks.

Xdox_

• Archived User
Flash Mx2004 Help
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 11:16:00 PM »

Hmm well it kinda depends exactly on what your doing, when I use to do logo animation it would mostly be tweening, and you of course dont want a minute long or even sometimes 10 second animation. For the most part just rather quick, so whatd I do is just cut the tween if its long just remove x amount of frames till you get your desired speed on whichever part. Hope that helps.

Twasi

• Archived User
Flash Mx2004 Help
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 11:31:00 PM »

This is exactly what I was asking for! thank you, I KNEW there was a feature like this but the flash help files and tutorials on the internet are a pain to find since many are so specific. I couldn't get an answer on any of the other places I asked, thanks SO much. beerchug.gif

Xdox_

• Archived User
Flash Mx2004 Help
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 11:45:00 PM »

No problem, I'll expect payment of 15 dollars to be recieved by the 6th. Make payment to....lol jk, but seriously anything to help.

Twasi

• Archived User
Flash Mx2004 Help
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 12:28:00 AM »

Nevermind, I still have the same problem. I used the tweening to get it to move, and I set it to take 30 frames to move to where it was going so it looked smooth but the FPS is still the same and it still goes slow. Is there a way I can change the FPS so it plays the frames quicker for that specific part?

pitbullz

• Archived User
Flash Mx2004 Help
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 08:49:00 AM »

have you tried swish max? it has alot of presets. Also i think your limited to options with the trial version of flash mx and if i remember correctly i think it limits your fps options until you get the full version. Its been a while since i messed with flash so im not 100% sure.  Do you have a full version? Tweening is how you normally do that. Good luck on it man maybe show us your work when its done smile.gif id like to see it.

leeCh_MSI

• Archived User
Flash Mx2004 Help
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005, 09:52:00 AM »

QUOTE(pitbullz @ Sep 5 2005, 05:00 PM)
have you tried swish max? it has alot of presets. Also i think your limited to options with the trial version of flash mx and if i remember correctly i think it limits your fps options until you get the full version. Its been a while since i messed with flash so im not 100% sure.  Do you have a full version? Tweening is how you normally do that. Good luck on it man maybe show us your work when its done smile.gif id like to see it.

Xdox_

• Archived User
Flash Mx2004 Help
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005, 11:44:00 AM »

Are you sure you did what I said? Lets say you would make your tween to do whatever animation it is, and say the tween is 30 frames, you would then cut out lets say 25 of those frames to speed up the tween aka the animation in that part of the movie.

pitbullz

• Archived User
Flash Mx2004 Help
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2005, 02:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(leeCh_MSI @ Sep 5 2005, 12:03 PM)
where did he say it was the trial version?.....just wondering...

Twasi

• Archived User
Flash Mx2004 Help
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005, 08:19:00 PM »

Nah I have the full version, I have tried tweening and the people at macromedia's forum  said the universal FPS control is the only thing like it, the only thing you can do is "fake" higher FPS by cutting out frames in a tween like you suggested, but unfourtanetely I can't because the tween only spands 5 frames and playing at 6FPS makes it really jumpy and not smooth, So I set the FPS to 60 and now im just pasting 9 copies of a frame infront of itself, it's a bitch but it's alot better than redrawing everything, hopefuly should have it all done in a week. beerchug.gif  thanks for the help.

leeCh_MSI

• Archived User
Flash Mx2004 Help
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005, 08:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(pitbullz @ Sep 5 2005, 10:36 PM)
he never did say that but i also asked if he had a full version in it. I gave the reasons about the trial incase he had that version. Basically to save back and forth posting? sorta like you did for my comments. That way if he had the trial he wouldn't have to ask whats the difference between the 2 and so on..

pitbullz

• Archived User
Flash Mx2004 Help
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2005, 09:20:00 PM »

hehe was just covering all bases biggrin.gif i wasnt sure if he was someone just getting into it.

post your animation when your done.. its awesome to see what some people create with flash smile.gif

leeCh_MSI

• Archived User
Flash Mx2004 Help
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2005, 09:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(pitbullz @ Sep 6 2005, 05:31 AM)
hehe was just covering all bases biggrin.gif i wasnt sure if he was someone just getting into it.
Pages: [1] 2