xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Diy Wheel Refurb  (Read 578 times)

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Diy Wheel Refurb
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 02:34:00 PM »

Carbon Fiber:
IPB Image

Polished:
IPB Image

No Inserts:
IPB Image

grim_d

• Archived User
Diy Wheel Refurb
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 02:46:00 PM »

they look great with them all lol, i especially like the ones without any insert.

one last mini-update for tonight. painted my wheel nuts black, hoping it will look good on the white.

IPB Image

grim_d

• Archived User
Diy Wheel Refurb
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2008, 01:14:00 PM »

finished and on car

car is crap but at least the wheels look good biggrin.gif

before
IPB Image

after
IPB Image

IPB Image

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
Diy Wheel Refurb
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2008, 01:26:00 PM »

Big improvement!, nice work. The white really makes the car stand out now.

Dano2k0

• Archived User
Diy Wheel Refurb
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2008, 10:28:00 AM »

Nice one mate, looks much nicer with the white wheels.

Looks like youve done a good job on the refurb, lets hope mine goes just as well when i come round to spraying mine, however i won't be using rattle cans  muhaha.gif  I'm hoping the finished piece should be good, mine are going to be a dark metalic grey, against the red i figgured it would look nice with red calipers behind  smile.gif

grim_d

• Archived User
Diy Wheel Refurb
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 12:51:00 PM »

yeah im really into them.

id of liked to have used a compressor and a gun but i dont have access to one, though  nobody so far has beleived that i did them with rattle cans, great thing about white.

gunmetal will look sweet on your wheels against the red man, cant wait to see that.

Dano2k0

• Archived User
Diy Wheel Refurb
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 02:30:00 PM »

Yeah mate i too am really looking forward to seeing my new wheels in gunmetal on my car, should look great against the red if all goes to plan, i just really hope everything turns out ok with them when the time comes (which isn't far away)

If my wheels turn out anything like yours have then i'm going to be really happy, i think they look great on your car mate, youve done a nice job on them. beerchug.gif

Shame you couldn't get access to a gun and compressor, maybe something you could look into buying in the future. Deffinatly an excellent thing to own if your into doing bits on cars.

grim_d

• Archived User
Diy Wheel Refurb
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 03:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(Dano2k0 @ May 19 2008, 10:06 PM) View Post

Shame you couldn't get access to a gun and compressor, maybe something you could look into buying in the future. Deffinatly an excellent thing to own if your into doing bits on cars.

definatly man, something on my list of things to buy, not working full time at the moment as ive just left uni but hopefully the next job isnt too far away.

Dano2k0

• Archived User
Diy Wheel Refurb
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 04:05:00 PM »

Nice one mate, a decent couple of guns and a compressor and you'll be set.

Were thinking of running air lines down the sides of our garage for the tools and paint guns we use on the compressor, would be an ideal bonus for us as using extensions and then equipment on the ends isn't alot of fun.

If your on the look out for a new job that pays decent cash, it might not be so far into the future before the new car appears  biggrin.gif  lets hope you manage to find a good example of what your after.

Being as you left the tyres on the rims, what did you use to cover over the valve area? Some wheels can be tricky as they 'flare' out near the bottom, so to paint around them without having something cover too much and obstruct painting the wheel could be very difficult.

I guess if you took enough time and effort you could mask it off, but i'm not sure it would be easy to get a perfect job, i thought maybe something abit more on the lines of a piece of tube thats thin and could suit.

grim_d

• Archived User
Diy Wheel Refurb
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2008, 04:58:00 PM »

just masked it mate and held it out the way when spraying and being careful, paint on the fingers but no biggie.
Pages: 1 [2]