xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Toyota Frame Rust Lottery  (Read 380 times)

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Toyota Frame Rust Lottery
« on: May 06, 2008, 07:15:00 AM »

Toyota decided to extend the warranty on their USDM 95-00 Tacoma frames to 15 years and unlimited miles

If your Tacoma has excessive rust and pitting they will buy back the truck at 150% Blue Book "Excellent" value no matter what the actual condition is... you can also get up to 20 days of a loaner vehicle while you find a new car.

More info here: http://www.tacomater...ead.php?t=95993

I ran the vin on my Tacoma last night and it's included in the recall, I'v already setup an appointment with my local dealer... I only owe $6K on my truck 150% KBB would put it at about $14K but most are reporting that they're receiving about $16K for their buy back.

This is for reals... I know someone who already got their check. ... if you don't own a Tacoma... it might be worth picking up that POS you've seen for sale that doesn't even run... it could be worth 5 figures.  pop.gif

I seem to be really good at picking cars, I've turned a profit on nearly every vehicle I've ever bought  laugh.gif

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 01:52:00 PM »

I took my truck in today to get inspected.

after about 5 minutes they told me it was unfit to drive and that they would be buying it back.  sad.gif

they told me to clean out my stuff and to pickup my rental car (a Chevy Malibu)

Does this look like a truck that need to be crushed?:

IPB Image

at least I'm getting a fat check out of the deal...

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 02:01:00 PM »

that is a shame man, at least you got it seen to before it killed you.

what you going to but with your fat cheque? putting any of the cash towards the s14?

dont know if you ever saw top gear putting the hilux through its paces, good watch.

part 1 :

part 2 :

part 3 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfZDtC9kjVk

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 03:01:00 PM »

Oh I'm well familiar with that episode series of Top Gear... easily my favorite...

About half of the check will go towards paying off what I owe on the truck... the other half will go towards finding a new winter car.... and anything that's left will go towards the 240

I'm considering getting an older Legacy GT, Impreza RS, or Jeep Cherokee

I'm also eying some vintage step side pickups...

this one for sale an hours drive from me looks great... hopefully it's still available:
IPB Image IPB Image

I've got some sort of problem though because I really want to buy a 240sx convertible too (it's like an S13 coupe but with a soft top... AFAIK they only made them in the US and even then they only made a few thousand of them)... I think the wifey would kill me if I ended up buying another 240 though... especially since I still haven't sold the red one (soon though, I got a few emails/calls today and I need to buy a new battery for it, once I do I'll drop the price and I'm sure it will vanish quickly).

yaazz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 09:16:00 AM »

What a nice way to keep a recall on the downlow.....
Thats a nice truck, shame its going to be going to the crusher

rms2001

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 04:15:00 PM »

Thank God, less Toyotas on the roadÂ… Little rat trucks any how. To bad we don't have a rust problem here in Arizona, I'd be making all kinds of money. I could fit three of those trucks onto my auto trasnport trailer.

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 04:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(rms2001 @ May 13 2008, 11:51 PM) View Post

Thank God, less Toyotas on the roadÂ… Little rat trucks any how. To bad we don't have a rust problem here in Arizona, I'd be making all kinds of money. I could fit three of those trucks onto my auto trasnport trailer.

och away n boil yer heid.