xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Truck  (Read 123 times)

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
New Truck
« on: September 24, 2007, 08:46:00 PM »

Last week I bought a new truck

a white 1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular cab 4x4 5speed

I had every intention of buying a late 90s Legacy GT for a daily driver... while I'm at the Subaru dealership some guy came in to drop off his Toyota pickup for a new Baja...

I decided I'd rather have the pickup  laugh.gif  ended up snagging it for about 2500 below book too.

In the mean time I decided to sell my black pickup. I put it on craigslist this morning around 9ish...
http://nh.craigslist.../430694587.html

it was sold by like 9ish tonight  laugh.gif

some guy saw the listing a few hours after it posted, he emailed me asking if he could come look at it. He drove over an hour to come look at it. Decided after about 10 minutes that he wanted it, paid cash and left beerchug.gif

not only that but I got calls and emails from 4 other people  ohmy.gif

sure beats the 3 months worth of waiting to sell my WRX.

Now I've got all the money I need to SR swap AND body swap  my 240 (we need a head banging emotion)

gli7ch

• Archived User
New Truck
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 09:50:00 AM »

SR and the Body for the 240....nice....

What year...fastback or coupe?

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
New Truck
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 07:48:00 AM »

1995... they only made it in a coupe that year.

The 240:
IPB Image

What I want to swap the front end to:
IPB Image

The New Pickup:
IPB Image

I might actually put off the body swap in lieu of lifting the truck and putting on some bigger tires.

We got DUMPED with snow yesterday (12-14inches) and I couldn't even get up my own driveway... the tires are horribly warn and I've got hardly any clearance... I planed on lifting it eventually but I need tires and I don't want to dump money into new tires now only to replace them in another year...

my old truck could drive right over 3ft deep snow like it was on dry pavement... I miss that  laugh.gif

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
New Truck
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 03:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Sep 24 2007, 08:22 PM) View Post

Now I've got all the money I need to SR swap AND body swap my 240 (we need a head banging emotion)

when are you going to start?

grim_d

• Archived User
New Truck
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 05:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(xboxhackern00b @ Dec 5 2007, 11:02 AM) View Post

i know, cmon TS get a move on. laugh.gif

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
New Truck
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(xboxhackern00b @ Dec 5 2007, 06:02 AM) View Post

I ended up buying two 240s ... one of them is up for sale (at a stupid cheap price I might add) and once it sells I'll be putting in the SR as soon as possible.

I've got an exhaust system that I haven't put on yet because the bolts on the cat are rusted to crap... I tried cutting them off but went through 3 fiberglass dremel wheels to just cut the nut off of one of them and the bolt is STILL rusted stuck in the bolt hole.

I've also got a set of 300zx 30mm Aluminum calipers, Brembo Rotors, and Stainless braided brake lines for the front that I'm going to have powder-coated red and rebuilt.

I was going to use my end of year work bonus towards the body swap but I'm thinking I might use it towards a 5" lift and some 33x12.5" Mud tires for the truck instead.

This came after I couldn't make it up my own unplowed drive way in 4wd and decided that my tires are crap... and if I'm going to buy new tires they might as well be bigger... so a lift is necessary too  laugh.gif

gli7ch

• Archived User
New Truck
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 06:39:00 PM »

Wow 4x4 and no snow-grippage huh?

That sucks, I have had that happen to me, tires were oh so worn.

Don't go to Big O, they will rip ya.