xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Okay, I've Finally Had Enough  (Read 563 times)

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Okay, I've Finally Had Enough
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2007, 02:30:00 AM »

I dunno.  Either way, it gives me the willies.  Every time I see an H2 or H3 I see a soccer mom driving one and I want to start shooting one.

ubernewb

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2007, 10:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(jesterrace777 @ May 3 2007, 11:35 PM) View Post

For some odd reason they are starting to look like the accursed H2 and H3 vehicles.  Or is it just me?

i agree 100% ... not digging the new bodies at all because of that

rms2001

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2007, 11:05:00 PM »

I guess I have to agree with you in some aspects. I’m not a huge fan of what Jeep as done in the past few years. Every since they dropped the Cherokee, things have seem to going down hill. Than they redeem them selves, than screw it all up again. The new four door JK (that’s an 07+ Wrangler for those who don’t speak Jeep) are really funky to me. No place for a four door Wrangler IMO. And don’t even get my started on the Compass or the Patriot thing.  

At least the Wrangler is still a Wrangler pretty much a Wrangler in all respects. The new model has all ready proven it self very capable off road by setting the highest altitude drive down in Chili. As well as a few other offroad things going on.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2007, 11:19:00 PM »

you have to agree because they have actually been sued for concept designs bearing trademarked aspects of hummers (grill specifically)

EDIT: I wouldnt be buying a jeep now anyway. DCX is dropping Chrysler soon, not sure what will become of everything, could be good could be bad

rms2001

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2007, 11:30:00 PM »

Correction – Hummer *tried* to sue them b/c the grill that was on the Jeep Commander. How ever Chevy lost that battle long before it went to court I think. Hummer was bitching about the flat grill saying it was like the H2. Jeep easily won since they have had the seven slot flat grill for ever.

You mean Daimler is dropping Chrysler. DCX can’t drop Chrysler b/c Chrysler is DCX, if that makes any sence. And this is still kinda up in the air. I know Magna has put an offer in and so have a few others. Chrysler has been bought and sold before, and its always been for the good. But with Mercedes-Benz still having their hands in with the 3.0L CRD that is powering my new Jeep, as well as the Dodge Sprinters, as well as new models shortly like the Jeep XK and JK shortly, I don’t see Daimler dropping them just yet.

Remember, if Daimler dose drop Chrysler is will have a HUGE ripple affect though out the auto industry. Its not just Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep that are on the chopping block here. Theres also Mitsubishi, Freightliner, Western Star, Sterling, Thomas Built Buses, and Detroit Diesel to consider too. With all of the cross-brand parts it will be hard to just drop Chrysler.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2007, 01:09:00 AM »

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Man, I can't believe my rotten luck.  The camaro needs the following:  All of it's fluids changed (tranny, coolant, power steering), the serpentine belt replaced and the intake is leaking oil (the water pump might also need to be replaced).  So about $900 to get all of that taken care of and the best deal I can get on it is $7500 with tax title and dealer doc fee included.  To make matters worse, I followed it up with a '96 Mustang GT with about 80K miles which had the main rear seal starting to leak, and the ball joints are split.  That being said I have to say that I wasn't really impressed with the GT Mustang.  It could get up and move but it definitely didn't feel anywhere near as powerful as the Z-28.  Both vehicles had auto trannys.

rms2001

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2007, 12:51:00 AM »

Let me get this straight. You went to a dealer that had said Camaro, and it needed all that work? I’ve never seen or even herd of a dealer selling such a car. That’s total BS. $7,500 I can see for the car if it was in good mechanically working order.

Maybe you should look for your next vehicle at a real dealer? Not Joe’s Discount Auto Sales on the corner of Main and 4th. I've had to deal with a few small dealers over the years, but never seen any thing like that. After some crap I got from a little dealer, I've always gone to Power Dodge. Their huge and have never screwed me.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2007, 12:18:00 PM »

Sad truth is that even the bigger dealers have cars that are that bad.  I checked out a '96 Mustang with lower miles and it needed a new rear main seal (expensive as hell since the tranny needs to be pulled), ball joints and a couple of other things.  Either way it was well over $1K worth of work.  Anyways, neither of these compare with my latest fuck over on a car though.

Couple of days ago I was searching craigslist and lo and behold there was another '95 Z-28 Camaro listed.  It was $8,000 firm, but it was one of a kind.  Listen to this: 6-Speed Manual, K&N Airsystem, Borla Headers and Exhaust with electric switch (switch between a nice sound or loud as fuck), Aftermarket suspension and handling, straight body never been wrecked, always garaged and never even been driven in the rain, always had synthetic oil and changed regularly.  Here is what made it one of a kind though. . . . LESS THAN 38K ORIGINAL MILES!!!!!!!!!!!!!   It was a weekend driver for an older gentlemen who absolutely loved the car and hated to part with it.  I checked around the vehicle and couldn't find any leaks on it.  Outside of the stereo system you could not have possibly built a better car for me.  I was all set to meet the guy today at the mechanic.  I get down there and notice there is a message on my phone.  I play the message and it is the guy telling me that his wife made him pull the listing and that the car was no longer for sale.   FUCK!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rms2001

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2007, 10:23:00 PM »

Have you considered a new vehicle? I have no idea how old you are, but you have to certainly be older than I or at least close to my age. I only assume this by the way you take and express your self and your knowledge of things.  I’m 22 years old by the way.

Getting a new or fairly new car isn’t hard at all. At 18 years old I had my hands on a fairly new Jeep (a 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited). The Jeep before that was a 1993, but that’s besides the point. First time buyer programmers and such make it so easy to buy a car. And you know, car payments are not as bad as every one makes them out to be. I don’t know if you’re going to school, what your job is, but I think you could probably do it. So if you have to work a few more hours a week, go for it.

At 22 years old I’m married, own my own business, have a mortgage and own two new vehicles. Ya, I’m in debt up to my ass, but its worth it. I still have money to go out to dinner, to the movies, or buy off road parts with. I did all of this with out my parents help. I had to buy my first Jeep, and any thing else I wanted. So take your 7k or how ever much you want to use to buy a car, and use that for your down payment. You probably won’t even need that much.

So you end up with a Chevy Cobalt or some thing. Your payments are low and you can have it paid off quick. Than trade up to some thing bigger with more HP. That’s pretty much what I did. Ya, I’d love to have a Viper parked in my garage, but I can’t afford such a car. Maybe if I sold the Jeep and the RAM, but that totally defeats the point.

Just food for thought man. Keep us updated on what you find.

In case you are wondering, I’ve had several jobs. Some crappy, some good. But they all helped me get where I am now. And no, I never went to college either. I’m just a normal every day high school grad whos probably smarter than some. I’m ASE auto certified, A+, Microsoft, and Cisco certified. And I still chose to do some thing totally unrelated to auto mechanics or computers.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2007, 11:55:00 PM »

I don't have $7K up front.  If I did, I would definitely get a new vehicle.

rms2001

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2007, 10:13:00 AM »

Okay I guess I was confused. You were looking at cars in the 7k to 8k rang, so I only assumed you had that money in the bank and were just looking for the right car. My bad.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2007, 11:08:00 AM »

That's okay.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2007, 05:09:00 AM »

Now if only I could trust a Mitsubishi.  This car would be a blast:

http://boise.craigsl.../327025076.html

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2007, 07:15:00 PM »

Well,the mileage was significantly higher than what I was originally looking at but the price is right and they aren't "dime a dozen" cars.   One dark green 1995 Lexus SC300 now resides out front of my apartment.  I will follow up with pics soon.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]