xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Rim Sizes  (Read 196 times)

Nosf3ratu

• Archived User
Rim Sizes
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 06:25:00 PM »

All the fucking local shops wanted $1200+ for rims with no-name, shitty all-season tires.

Same issues here bro. I ended up getting a set of lightweight rims actually, they are supposed to weigh about 13 lbs. When I get them I'll show you guys how it looks.  biggrin.gif

P.S. About having to wait for them to ship, I have to wait before I can install them anyway. I had to order some new front-end components(new axles and lower control arms). So its all good.

Granulated

• Archived User
Rim Sizes
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2006, 12:03:00 AM »

Saturns come stock with 14"s and 15"s.  I got my winter tires mounted on the 14"s that came with the car.

Did you end up getting the 17"s?  Which ones? smile.gif

Nosf3ratu

• Archived User
Rim Sizes
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2006, 05:01:00 AM »

Got the 15's. Should be arriving Friday. I'll post a pic then  happy.gif  I'm excited.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Rim Sizes
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2006, 05:12:00 AM »

I know there's at least one website that let's you see the rims on a computer generated image of your car. Anyone know what site that would be? Thanks in advance.

CJLee89

• Archived User
Rim Sizes
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2006, 06:47:00 PM »

different people=different preferences. i personally like Hondas, Mitsubishi, etc with all the goodies. some people may go for the muscle car look. its just an opinion.

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Rim Sizes
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2006, 11:12:00 PM »

Bodykits+Mustangs=nice

BS. The average 'ricer' kid wouldn't do any better with a body kit on a Mustang than he would with a Civic. Now, a Roush (sp) Mustang that comes with a body kit is a different story. Also, there are people that care for their cars enough that if they don't just go half way with the cosmetics (install a primered body kit and leave it at that), but you see that with the import/tuner crowd also, I've seen some REALLY nice Civics. Not show cars either, some pretty nice ones around here, I wouldn't personally drive or own one but thats just preference.

'rice' can be a 5000 upgrade to wheels, muffler and body kit on a $1500 rusted out Civic, or a primered body kit on a brand spanking new Vette (Please god no), its a mindset that you drive the hottest car out there when you get spanked by semis, or thinking you own a show stopper when you door is a different color from the rest of the car.

Granulated

• Archived User
Rim Sizes
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2006, 05:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Nov 21 2006, 06:19 AM) View Post

I know there's at least one website that let's you see the rims on a computer generated image of your car. Anyone know what site that would be? Thanks in advance.

Tirerack

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Rim Sizes
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2006, 12:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(Granulated @ Nov 24 2006, 01:55 AM) View Post

Tirerack

Yeah I found it. It was a "work" project. The production manager was out, so the owner of the compnay had free reign (Which is almost never a good thing) So he took me off actual work to "find me some sweet rims for my truck" I thought it would be easier if I could show him what some looked like.

dynt

• Archived User
Rim Sizes
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2006, 10:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(Nosf3ratu @ Nov 12 2006, 03:39 AM) View Post

Okay, I want to get some new tires and rims for my ricer. Its a '95 Civic and is lowered with Eibach's Pro Kit springs. Anyone think I would have clearance issues with 17" rims mounted with 205/40's? I'm really considering dropping down to 15's but I'm not sure about how they will look. Really its just the website I am going to buy from has a better selection for 17's, the selection for 15's and 16's blow.

the size of the rim is only affected by the rolling radius of the tyre on most cars this is also governed by the front spring platform.
Pages: 1 [2]