xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Difference Between The Integra Ls And Gsr  (Read 69 times)

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Difference Between The Integra Ls And Gsr
« on: October 29, 2006, 08:59:00 AM »

Yeah Yeah, I know you guys are going to give me dirty looks for even posting about such a thing, but I was just curious.  The bottom line is that I am looking for something that will be fun to drive but won't consume rediculous amounts of gas and is pretty reliable (This will be a daily driver).  So the question is, does the GSR version offer a significant enough power boost to be worth the extra money?

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 04:36:00 PM »

Isnt it about 120hp vs 160-180ish? Ive been in a few lightly modded GSRs that were very nice cars. If I wanted a Daily Driver that was FWD I'd be lookgin Integra and Civics all the way.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 08:05:00 PM »

Actually it's 142HP with 127lbs of torque for the LS and 170HP with 128lbs of torque for the GSR.  Of course there is the Type R with 195HP and 130lbs of torque but the difference in price between the GSR and the Type R seems to be about $4K-$5K more.  Hardly seems worth it with those kinds of gains.  I was considering biting the bullet and still trying for a Z-28 but after having a car that gets low 30s (My current Saturn), I'm afraid that having a car that averages low 20s for MPGs will just be too much of a burden, especially when gas prices rise again.

VerbalVenom

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 05:01:00 PM »

I'd stay away from teggies just for the fact that they're always being stolen. If it's going to be garage kept i'd definately buy it, but if it's going to be curb side or even driveway bound then i wouldn't bother. Those cars just get robbed to damn much.

Lemon Crevice

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 07:12:00 PM »

i wish type r's were more common there pretty sick but way to expensive for me a good one is only a few thousand less then an evo and an evo is just nasty. Gsr's arent to bad there basically the same as a prelude when the le is a little under powered if u ask me. so id say gsr all the way and a prelude would be worth a shot too its a little heavier but has more power so it depends what your looking for integra will do alittle better on gas over a prelude but a prelude would be easier to find in some places and a little cheaper

ubernewb

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 02:28:00 AM »

personally i'd rock the gsr.. theft isn't much of an issue when the car's in stock form. most of the ones that get stolen are stolen for the aftermarket parts that the little f&f kids love to bolt on. as long as you don't have redonkulous (my word) rims or a shopping cart wing on it you should be fine

if anything, maybe take some dental floss and remove the gsr badges..