xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anybody Own Honda Crx?  (Read 160 times)

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Anybody Own Honda Crx?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 06:55:00 PM »

V6 Daily Driver?  A Maxima springs to mind.  If you get an '01 or newer those beasts have 255HP and Maximas have always been powerful cars.  The Miata is a great choice but something about lack of a soundsystem and the fact that if I crash I may as well kiss my ass goodbye.

lostboyz

• Archived User
Anybody Own Honda Crx?
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2006, 11:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(jesterrace777 @ Oct 30 2006, 08:02 PM) View Post

V6 Daily Driver?  A Maxima springs to mind.  If you get an '01 or newer those beasts have 255HP and Maximas have always been powerful cars.  The Miata is a great choice but something about lack of a soundsystem and the fact that if I crash I may as well kiss my ass goodbye.

at least its not a kia, miatas are a lot of fun but i would never in my life buy one

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Anybody Own Honda Crx?
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »

Oh for sure.  I seriously considered a Miata at one point.  Those things can be leathal beasts, I was just pointing out why I could never really own one.

FreakSho

• Archived User
Anybody Own Honda Crx?
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2006, 08:46:00 AM »

as for having a 4 cyl and rather buying an 8, its not much fun when you buy an 8 cyl because well its already fast, to me its always been on building your motor up, and having something to brag about when u smoke someone  biggrin.gif

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Anybody Own Honda Crx?
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2006, 09:07:00 AM »

No arguments there.  It is satisfying when you beat someone with a so-called "lesser car" but I guess to me it just kinda defeats the purpose when you have to spend twice as much to get it to beat a V-8.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Anybody Own Honda Crx?
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2006, 09:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(jesterrace777 @ Nov 4 2006, 05:14 PM) View Post

No arguments there.  It is satisfying when you beat someone with a so-called "lesser car" but I guess to me it just kinda defeats the purpose when you have to spend twice as much to get it to beat a V-8.

My Camaro isnt fast. It's a mere 350 hp. I need another 150 hp to be truly happy. So even a V8 will take some work to get what I truly want.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Anybody Own Honda Crx?
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2006, 06:01:00 PM »

Really? so you are telling me that an Integra GSR with a couple of minor mods would compete just fine with a stock version of your Z-28?  wink.gif  Anyways, I realize it is all relative but the point is that most people would be content with a Z-28 with a few mods but nothing major, on the other hand there would be far more people who would do major expensive mods to make a 4 banger do what they want.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Anybody Own Honda Crx?
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2006, 06:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(jesterrace777 @ Nov 5 2006, 02:08 AM) View Post

Really? so you are telling me that an Integra GSR with a couple of minor mods would compete just fine with a stock version of your Z-28?  wink.gif  Anyways, I realize it is all relative but the point is that most people would be content with a Z-28 with a few mods but nothing major, on the other hand there would be far more people who would do major expensive mods to make a 4 banger do what they want.

Im just saying I dont consider my mildly modded Z28 to be enough as is, so it needs to be modded. And I fully respect anyone whom mods a I4. Fast is fast. And making an I4 fast is very respectable. As to the money needed, thats a personal thing. If someone wants to spend the money, all the power to em. Sometimes its worth the extra money to have a unique ride.

DanteDx

• Archived User
Anybody Own Honda Crx?
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2006, 11:01:00 PM »

I got  a crx waiting for a new motor. And no I'm not wasting any money another 4 banger for it. gonna try and cram a 302 or even a 350 into it.

ubernewb

• Archived User
Anybody Own Honda Crx?
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2006, 11:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(DanteDx @ Dec 19 2006, 10:08 PM) View Post

I got  a crx waiting for a new motor. And no I'm not wasting any money another 4 banger for it. gonna try and cram a 302 or even a 350 into it.

and when you get that done let me know how fun it is to go in a straight line.. that car already has enough understeer without making it worse with that heavy ass front end. first time you try and take a corner over 25mph you're gonna end up in the guard rail.. wink.gif
Pages: 1 [2]