xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Some Help With Stereo Dilemma  (Read 61 times)

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
Need Some Help With Stereo Dilemma
« on: October 04, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »

so here's the deal i have a p.o.s. stereo but when my dad had my car he put in a 12 volt equalizer for the stereo and that has a "CD" in which is just an aux input im trying to find a realitively cheap stereo deck that i can still plug my phone/ipod/cd player into because there isnt a way i can hook up subs to my eq and having just treble sucks anyone have any recommendations?

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 03:48:00 PM »

You get what you pay for man.  IMHO it is worth it to save up and spend a little extra to get quality equipment and do it right the first time rather than trying to be cheap and skimp a few bucks and then be disappointed with the quality.  The problem with a number of cheap quality decks is that if they do offer aux inputs you have to crank the hell out of them (thereby destroying the deck's onboard amp after repeated use) in order to get decent volume out of them.  You definitely aren't going to find something that suits you needs for less than $100.  The other thing is that you are going to need a deck with dedicated subwoofer outputs, so you can control the subs from your deck.

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 05:52:00 PM »

try crutchfield.com

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 07:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(CJLee89 @ Oct 4 2006, 07:59 PM) View Post

try crutchfield.com

or pricegrabber.com

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 08:59:00 PM »

got any recommendations for a good aux input deck then

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 11:00:00 PM »

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com.  I'm personally a fan of the Clarion Pro Audio decks.  Panasonic seems to have some decent decks that fit your criteria for less than $150 though.

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 02:10:00 PM »

yeah i have a panasonic head unit and it sounded pretty good with stock speakers. and they were 11 year old speakers that looked like they would not even play. but now i have Memphis in my doors and rear window and its sounds amazing.

i would definately go panasonic if you are tight on money. most of their models have aux inputs and a sub out.
http://www.crutchfie.....and|Panasonic

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 05:46:00 AM »

i think im going to go with a panasonic from crutchfiled cause they also have the stereo kit i need for my car so the stereo fits