xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Possible New Car  (Read 109 times)

aTx eXpLoiTeD

• Archived User
Possible New Car
« on: September 25, 2006, 07:34:00 PM »

Nice car.

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Possible New Car
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 10:21:00 PM »

Those are built with the LT1 (Same motor I have in my Impala) though I dont know that they were using the crank driven coil then. At any rate those are very dependable engines, my recomendation is just to test drive it.  Any major problems should be really noticable (misfiring on certain cylinders, knock, etc etc). If you really are worried you COULD pull the engine and rebuild it. At that high a miles you may want to just cause, but again, test drive it and just see how it runs.

At any rate, it seems like a very nice car! Congrats on the find. And can you recomend any specific problems to look for in those cars (as you said you were a collector), I'm looking into buying one and possibly selling my Imp (my dad keeps begging me to sell it), just want to know what to look for.

cr4ck3rj4ck

• Archived User
Possible New Car
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 06:20:00 AM »

I can vouche thewickedjester's comments on the LT1, which is essentially a 350 C.I. V-8. 350s are stone reliable, and parts are so readily available for it its not even funny. One thing to check on the T-Tops is the material, you want glass Ts. In the late 80's GM switched to a Lexan-based material to cut costs. These are known to warp and cause some major leaks. GM recalled most of these tops in the early 90's and gave owners glass replacements, but that doesnt mean there arent any still out there.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Possible New Car
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »

10K, 120K miles, Im not sure Id do it. I know its collectable and all, but thats a lot of money to drop on a 18 year old car.

garver

• Archived User
Possible New Car
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 06:25:00 PM »

Tommorow im going to go out and take a look and inspect it. Im going to try to see if I pay cash up front if the dealer will lower the price...some small dealerships will