xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: So Here's My Bike After Thursday  (Read 128 times)

Arjun

• Archived User
So Here's My Bike After Thursday
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2006, 07:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Aug 10 2006, 02:40 AM) View Post

I have to sell this thing at some point and a 360 bike aint gonna sell.

That's what you think. Smack "Limited Edition: 01/02" on it and make up a story of how the second one crashed and burned, then throw it on ebay, and you got some serious cash.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »

I have a guy who will do paint work for free as he owes me. (His job mainly.) So all I need to pay for is paint and help in any way I can. I think a solid color in a "fancy" paint will make it "custom" I'd like to be able to sell if for roughly half a Hayabusa next summer if that's possible. I really love the look of the busa.

_iffy

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2006, 08:25:00 PM »

Unless your getting a pearl paint (different light's changes the colour) or a paint with sparkles in it don't get a solid colour. They really look boring IMO.
IPB Image
even only two colours is fine
IPB Image
you won't need to do flames or some crazy graphic, a couple of stripes would work. Something like below but without the logos and the black section. Just stripes, are enough, their really simple to do when you paint.
IPB Image

I'm not saying get yellow, I just used these three for an example.

BTW - i love the CBR if you didn't get it already. biggrin.gif

thewickedjester

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2006, 08:48:00 PM »

1) The only (in my opinionof course) good color that looks good as solid is a flat back, and only if you go with a monocrome look to the bike.
2) If you DO paint it a solid color, you can just buy a new sticker/graphics key from Yamaha, you can for Suzuki at least
3) Only get a Busa if you plan on some serious drag racing. Those bikes suck at handling as compared to a regular Gixxer, or a CBR. Those bikes were made for one reason, so Suzuki could say they had the fastest bike. If you really want a bike with that much power get a GSX-R1000 and get a larger bore kit, you'll have just as much power and just as sporty a bike (handling wise).

I'm not trying to tell you what to get, I'm just giving some advice from what I've read from everyone else who owns a Gixxer that I know (I also frequent www.gixxer.com). If you live in a place with mostly straight/flat roads, go for a Busa, that would be some insane power... But for me at least (because I as well was looking at getting a older Hayabusa) with all the mountains I would have been miserable with one in the mountains..

Again, just my 2 cents, I'm not trying to tell you what to do.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2006, 04:34:00 AM »

I was thinking a pearl or something that changes color. Not a mere flat color. More Im wondering if anyone has any thoughts on something that's going to look special when light hits it right.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2006, 05:26:00 AM »

go black with a red stripe down each side would be pretty tight

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2006, 01:11:00 PM »

Honda makes a few colors in an really interesting flat finish.... up close it almost looks rough but from a bit of a distance it looks like the bike is covered in dew... while it's flat it also has a slight perlescent finish to it... really cool. I always told myself that if I were to repaint any of my cars I'd get it done in that finish. I wish I knew what it was called but I'm sure if you go to a honda dealership you can pick it out. My father had a honda with this finish in something very close to a Kawasaki green, I've also seen it in black.

As for the 360 paint job... you could always go straight pearlesent white with the green swirls, doesn't actually have to say 360 on it anywhere... Think like a console with the E305 faceplate (minus the text)... I would envision the swirls eminating from the front wheel large across the front of the bike. the frame and engine could be left silver/grey maybe with the occasional chrome accent. I think it would look sweet.

Another option is to just leave the plastics off and just go streetfighter style. My brother Just picked up a new Triumph Speed Triple... very little plastic on it, none at all in the front, easily the coolest looking bike I've ever seen.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

His last bike was an Suzuki SV750 I think? He was heavy into stunt riding for a while... lets just say he got used to riding around without plastics laugh.gif

_iffy

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2006, 01:44:00 PM »

here's an example of a pearl paint (not even sure if it's called a pearl paint)
IPB Image
the truck is red but when the sun hits it, it turns yellow

I'm haveing a hard time finding an example but when you ride at night with alot of street lights the paint ripples like water. It's so fucking cool.

I know that when you apply the paint there's an undercolour that goes under the "pearl paint" and thats what changes colour. The light shines through the "pearl" and hits the under colour.

This effect look fucking awsome on cars. I've never seen a bike do it though. Should look amazing.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2006, 02:03:00 PM »

The way I look at it is this. Fancy paint is super expensive. But my bike has limited surface to paint and itll help counteract the cost. Add to that free labor and it seems like I need something cool.

And I like plastic. Street fighter style aint happening on this guys end.

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2006, 09:19:00 PM »

use some duplicolor mirage then it would look awesome and theres a lot of options for it

http://www.duplicolo...cts/mirage.html
Pages: 1 [2]