xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Experience With Thottle Spacers?  (Read 89 times)

Viper16

• Archived User
Experience With Thottle Spacers?
« on: August 04, 2006, 03:34:00 PM »

Just wondering if it helps or if you noticed a difference. So far they only increse the volume or whatever (extends it) and increased rear torque but that was about it, not much to none in HP and  little to none in MPG.

Anyone one used/uses a spacer? If so just wondering what you think.

Thanks,
Degalle
(I know its good to get a new air intake but that's already on the way, i'm just wondering about the spacer)

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 05:22:00 PM »

from what i understand the TB spacer generally only helps avod heat soak in the TB. Frankly I cant imagine the air passing through the tb so quickly being effected all that much

thewickedjester

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 11:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Aug 4 2006, 07:29 PM) View Post

from what i understand the TB spacer generally only helps avod heat soak in the TB. Frankly I cant imagine the air passing through the tb so quickly being effected all that much

Yeah, I was with a few other guys at a local Impala meet, you oculdnt really tell the difference with small stuff like that. Granted, as big as the car is, it might be tough. But still, is it noticably better? Not that I could tell...

Viper16

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 12:32:00 PM »

Yeah that's kind of what i figured, but i thought i would see if anyone had any major success. But we'll see how it does in my 96 crown victoria, I'm sure the intake will show more impovement by far but it should be interesting to see if it does help at all.

Thanks guys,
Degalle

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 03:30:00 PM »

Be sure to be careful about getting a good seal. Otherwise youll be letting unmetered air in and could cause idle issues.

CKwik240

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 10:48:00 PM »

Rule of thumb.  If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.  

Consider this.  If it really made any significant differrences, why wouldn't the OEM not design it into the motor?  Hmm?  It's a whole lot like the Tornado air foil things imo.