xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Looking At A Bike  (Read 103 times)

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
Looking At A Bike
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 05:38:00 PM »

looks very nice for 3000$

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Looking At A Bike
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2006, 06:12:00 PM »

Yeah, not half bad at all, like said it was laid down once and theres a good lookin scuff mark on the right side by the 'trunk' but it really doesnt look to bad. Although after a quick ride today the fan wont come on anymore... damnation...

Perplexer

• Recovered User
Looking At A Bike
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2006, 10:58:00 AM »

Nice ride, I'm a Suzuki guy myself smile.gif

Hit that windscreen with some Novus Plastic Polish (and fix the fan, lol), seal that tear in the seat before it rains, and you're all set!

I've got a little rash/scuff on my Corbin hard bags, right side, from when a windstorm blew over my bike (!) - The cover caught the wind and I came home to see my bike on its side.  I don't cover it any more  dry.gif

I liked 'em cause it made my bike look like a BMW touring bike, and I kept my rain gear, some flip-flops, electronics crap, and some tools in there...  looks like your "trunk" is well-equipped for that also!

Keep the shiny side up!
Plex

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Looking At A Bike
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2006, 12:52:00 PM »

Thanks. Yeah, got the fan fixed in a manner of speaking, see I thought the fan was supposed to come on at a certain tempature, when in fact the tempature it comes on at was a lot higher, the temp I thought it was was from a newer bike that runs cooler.

Yeah, the cowl thing gives a decent ammount of space, and I'm looking for a good tank bag.

As for the windscreen I'll probably just get a new one, the guy before me pulled off some stickers that the original owner put on and tried Goof-off to take away the residue... so theres a huge clouded spot and I dont think just some polish would fix it. But thats later, currently I'm lookin for a new helmet, some riding boots, riding pants and a tank bag. Then I'll worry about the windscreen. Oh, and if you happen to know anyone with a stock can/muffler from a 99 750 Gixxer, let me know... cause the one on there is gutted and it sounds to loud and like a dirt bike... and thats just not what I want...

V1GiLaNtE

• Archived User
Looking At A Bike
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2006, 09:29:00 PM »

damn all that at 17............im 17 and can't even imagine being able to afford a bike and insurance...plus you have to be 19 in Va to get a motorcyle license....or hold a motorcyle learners for 6months before you can get your license..pisses me off..

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Looking At A Bike
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2006, 10:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(V1GiLaNtE @ Jul 25 2006, 11:36 PM) View Post

damn all that at 17............im 17 and can't even imagine being able to afford a bike and insurance...plus you have to be 19 in Va to get a motorcyle license....or hold a motorcyle learners for 6months before you can get your license..pisses me off..

That sucks, all I had to do in Florida was take a 2 day 6 hour class and get a new lisence with Motorcycle Endorsed written on it  blink.gif

As for insurance, its about $360 a year, which isnt TO bad, but it could be better... oh well, it'll probably go down when I turn 18

And Vigilante, if you DO get a bike somehow, if you want to keep insurance low dont get comprehensive or collision, your screwed if a lot of stuff happens to the bike, but at least its legal, insurance for me would have been almost $3500 a year, I'd have paid for the bike in insurance before I acctually paid the bike off.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Looking At A Bike
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(thewickedjester @ Jul 26 2006, 05:28 AM) View Post

And Vigilante, if you DO get a bike somehow, if you want to keep insurance low dont get comprehensive or collision, your screwed if a lot of stuff happens to the bike, but at least its legal, insurance for me would have been almost $3500 a year, I'd have paid for the bike in insurance before I acctually paid the bike off.

I agree entirely. The only reason to have full coverage is if you have a brand new bike, or if you have a loan out on it and are required to have full coverage.

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Looking At A Bike
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2006, 10:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Jul 26 2006, 11:50 AM) View Post

I agree entirely. The only reason to have full coverage is if you have a brand new bike, or if you have a loan out on it and are required to have full coverage.

Yeah the only downside to it is that, for my insurance at least, it doesnt cover if the bike gets stolen... and these are the most often stolen vehicles in the US  ohmy.gif

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
Looking At A Bike
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(thewickedjester @ Jul 26 2006, 10:38 AM) View Post

Yeah the only downside to it is that, for my insurance at least, it doesnt cover if the bike gets stolen... and these are the most often stolen vehicles in the US  ohmy.gif

ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif that means dont let it get stolen

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Looking At A Bike
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2006, 01:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(thewickedjester @ Jul 26 2006, 05:38 PM) View Post

I dont often take mine anywhere where thats an issue. I take it to family and friends where I know itll be safe. Not to leave outside when I shop and such. (Plus who shops on a bike?)

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Looking At A Bike
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2006, 02:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Jul 26 2006, 03:11 PM) View Post

I dont often take mine anywhere where thats an issue. I take it to family and friends where I know itll be safe. Not to leave outside when I shop and such. (Plus who shops on a bike?)

Yeah, I know what you mean, I mainly ride it to work, or a freinds house, thats about it, and I still pull it inside the garage (my freinds keep a spot cleared for me now heh, and I have a full shop for my use at work)

paulharris2005

• Archived User
Looking At A Bike
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2006, 11:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(thewickedjester @ Jul 26 2006, 05:28 AM) View Post

That sucks, all I had to do in Florida was take a 2 day 6 hour class and get a new lisence with Motorcycle Endorsed written on it  blink.gif

As for insurance, its about $360 a year, which isnt TO bad, but it could be better... oh well, it'll probably go down when I turn 18

Thats good when i get a moped when im 16 it will cost me £300 to insure all 50cc of it and your moaning that you pay about $360 and another thing is that in the uk we cant ride 'big' bikes until were 21 so you've got it easy.
O yea nice bike by the way.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Looking At A Bike
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(paulharris2005 @ Aug 6 2006, 06:53 PM) View Post

Thats good when i get a moped when im 16 it will cost me £300 to insure all 50cc of it and your moaning that you pay about $360 and another thing is that in the uk we cant ride 'big' bikes until were 21 so you've got it easy.
O yea nice bike by the way.

I agree with the 21 year old thing. I know enough guys under 21 that would kill themselves on a bike if they got one. I'd like to think 21 YOs are a vbit more mature.
Pages: 1 [2]