xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Suvs  (Read 148 times)

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
Suvs
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 11:44:00 PM »

Have you considered insurance for a 16 year old?

Liability

Maintenence?

Do it myself

Not to mention the horrendous cost of gas?

My friend works at a gas station and I can get free gas/gas cards from him, or just get a job.

lostboyz

• Archived User
Suvs
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2006, 08:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ May 19 2006, 11:03 PM) View Post

There's something very wrong with that... any REAL photos of the thing as opposed to concept renders?

IPB Image
IPB Image

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Suvs
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(Modderxtrordanare @ May 20 2006, 06:51 AM) View Post

Liability
Do it myself
My friend works at a gas station and I can get free gas/gas cards from him, or just get a job.

Can't get away with Liability if you are making payments.  Virtually every place that I know of will require you to have comprehensive insurance.  Or do you have a "spoiled brat" fund?  wink.gif

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
Suvs
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2006, 11:37:00 PM »

I do have a job you know.

ubernewb

• Archived User
Suvs
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2006, 11:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ May 20 2006, 03:14 PM) View Post

IPB Image
IPB Image

i just peed my pants a little ..  blink.gif

love.gif  love.gif  love.gif

too bad it's such a box of a body.. why couldn't have been done with the same body as the older wrx wagon? an sti version of that would be teh_sekz

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
Suvs
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2006, 01:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ May 19 2006, 08:03 PM) View Post

There's something very wrong with that...

Yeah... it's a Subaru laugh.gif haha... sry. I just don't care much for Subarus. They just look way too funky for me. ESPECIALLY the fucking Tribeca. That thing is just stupid, lol. But that thing looks alot like a 4runner...

QUOTE(Modderxtrordanare @ May 19 2006, 08:51 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Modderxtrordanare @ May 20 2006, 08:44 PM) View Post

I do have a job you know.

Could have fooled us. lol

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Suvs
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2006, 08:55:00 AM »

It HAD been a day. Maybe he got a job in between posts....

Modderxtrordanare

• Archived User
Suvs
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2006, 10:49:00 AM »

Or a second one.

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
Suvs
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2006, 12:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ May 21 2006, 06:02 AM) View Post

It HAD been a day. Maybe he got a job in between posts....

Well with all these people coming and going at my work, I wouldn't be too suprised. People have come and worked a couple days and disappear without notice and don't call back. It's wierd.

ubernewb

• Archived User
Suvs
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2006, 10:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(Owtlaw333 @ May 22 2006, 07:37 AM) View Post

Well with all these people coming and going at my work, I wouldn't be too suprised. People have come and worked a couple days and disappear without notice and don't call back. It's wierd.

best buy? (guessing from your sig) .. if so, i can totally relate. when i worked install there, everytime i'd go into the store there'd be someone new in a blue shirt. and half those people i'd never see again.. that place has crazy turnaround..

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
Suvs
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2006, 04:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(ubernewb @ May 22 2006, 07:17 AM) View Post

best buy? (guessing from your sig) .. if so, i can totally relate. when i worked install there, everytime i'd go into the store there'd be someone new in a blue shirt. and half those people i'd never see again.. that place has crazy turnaround..

No, Kinko's actually. We just get the laziest people and some are just scum. One chick was stealing credit cards and when there was suspicion, she disappeared. But yeah... I hear horrible things about how Best Buy treats their employees. They do everything they can to keep their pay low, and they get away with it because there's no shortage of people who think they wanna work there. It's a sad thing.

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Suvs
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2006, 06:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(kdezzy78 @ May 22 2006, 08:51 PM) View Post

Yeah, our Best Buy is constantly hiring new people. They even give cards out in the store with the application address on it. I was thinking about working there, im only 16, but had second thoughts, instead im gonna work at a local PC shop. My best buy even has a 12 yo kid working sales.

Jesus, I'm 17 and I couldnt get a job there  dry.gif

Wasnt very enthusiastic when I applied though... I would never want to work there, but I was running out of places to try...

ubernewb

• Archived User
Suvs
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2006, 10:47:00 PM »

you know, if you go into it thinking that "hey, this is just a quick job to get me by" it'll be ok for a while. the discount is nice and it does get your foot in the door for other retail experience. any good retail job doesn't usually take people off the street, but they do farm best buy for good people. (that's how i and several of my friends got out..)

just please for the love of god don't look to that job for any kind of future.. you'll only set yourself up for a fall. they go thru supervisors and managers just as fast as they do regular employees. especially with them "restructuring" every other month. that place reminds me of a kid with ADD..

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Suvs
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2006, 06:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(thewickedjester @ May 22 2006, 08:54 PM) View Post

Jesus, I'm 17 and I couldnt get a job there  dry.gif

Wasnt very enthusiastic when I applied though... I would never want to work there, but I was running out of places to try...

Don't feel bad about it, I applied for a part time job there while I was in college and they wouldn't hire me, the guy who interviewed me was even a graduate from my school... and was going on about how they loved to hire students from our school because we were so reliable etc etc etc

2 years later and I'm making way more then even the manager of that store...  laugh.gif

rms2001

• Archived User
Suvs
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2006, 09:41:00 PM »

Jeep have my vote. You can pick up a nice Jeep Grand Cherokee ( WJ ) for under 10k. You can get a Grand Cherokee ( ZJ ) for under 5k.

They are GREAT on gas. I own a 93 and a 00, both Grand Cherokee Limited. The 93 has a 4.0L I6, and the 00 has a 4.7L V8. Both will get about 20 MPG on the free way. Not bad for an automobile that weighs over 4500 LBS.

Safety is pretty good with them also. When I was still in high school and living with my parents my mom took my ZJ and totaled a BRAND NEW Ford Explore. I mean so new it didn’t even have plates yet. My Dad also totaled a little Honda with it, and again my Jeep drove away. Thank you ARB bumber! And b/c mine are Grand Cherokees, they are wider and longer than the other models. They do not feel top heavy nor do I fell like they will roll when I take corners quickly.

Jeeps are reliable. My parents bought the 93 brand new. In its whole life its only needed a water pump, fuel pump, alternator, and a sensor. And of cores other normal wear and tear items, batteries, tires, wiper blades and such… All items that have been replaced all failed after 200,000 miles. After 200k on the engine it still runs like a champ. Doesn’t burn or leak oil.

Never the less I will never own any other SUV other than a Jeep. They look great, run for ever, good on gas, and I can take them any where I need to go. If I can’t get there in my Jeep I don’t need to be there. I really like the Grand Cherokees my self. They look the nicest out of all the Jeep models IMO, and since I have the Limited I have power every thing, 10 disk CD changer, heated seats, ect ect. And since it’s a Jeep I can take it though the mud and bring the every thing a Luxury SUV has with me.

If you do get one, get one with the 4.0l I6. Hands down the best engine Jeep EVER made. Will last a very long time, and easy to work on. I only went with the 4.7L V8 in my WJ since I tow with it. If I didn't tow, I would have went with the 4.0L again with out giving it another thought.

Just my two ¢.
Pages: 1 [2]