xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Tray Sliding  (Read 205 times)

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
Tray Sliding
« on: April 20, 2006, 10:37:00 PM »

just wondering if anyones done tray sliding

you take 2 fast food trays with a front wheel drive car park the back wheels on the trays and pull the emergency brake then start driving in an empty parking lot of something, seems pretty fun for the 30 seconds that it lasts im about to try it tomorrow

http://videos.street...E8A1A8722F3.htm

lostboyz

• Archived User
Tray Sliding
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 05:07:00 AM »

i think its for front wheel drive cars but im sure its not great for the car, but hey whatever

mbood82

• Archived User
Tray Sliding
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 05:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Apr 21 2006, 07:14 AM) View Post

i think its for front wheel drive cars but im sure its not great for the car, but hey whatever

Done it, very enjoyable.  Finding trays that last for any length of time is a little harder though, ours wore out after like 10 feet.

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
Tray Sliding
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2006, 01:05:00 AM »

yeah today it it didn't last very long but was very fun

ubernewb

• Archived User
Tray Sliding
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 02:56:00 PM »

you could always do what me and my buddy did..

1. "aquire" two fast food trays ... (i prefer taco bell, cuz then i can mow on some delicious amer-exican grub)

2. find two cookie sheets that are roughly the same size

3. using a bit of jb weld (had some sitting around) glue a tray into each cookie sheet..

total cost.. maybe $6 (cookie sheets from goodwill) and we slid on those things for a good hour.

if you can find an asphalt parking lot, they will last longer. the rough surface of a normally paved lot eats them up faster.

but then i got my supra and have discovered the joy of not needing pans to get my car sideways laugh.gif granted, tires are a little more expensive.. but it's a hell of a lot more fun

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
Tray Sliding
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 05:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(ubernewb @ Apr 22 2006, 03:03 PM) View Post

you could always do what me and my buddy did..

1. "aquire" two fast food trays ... (i prefer taco bell, cuz then i can mow on some delicious amer-exican grub)

2. find two cookie sheets that are roughly the same size

3. using a bit of jb weld (had some sitting around) glue a tray into each cookie sheet..
total cost.. maybe $6 (cookie sheets from goodwill) and we slid on those things for a good hour.

if you can find an asphalt parking lot, they will last longer. the rough surface of a normally paved lot eats them up faster.
but then i got my supra and have discovered the joy of not needing pans to get my car sideways laugh.gif granted, tires are a little more expensive.. but it's a hell of a lot more fun

not a bad idea

Arjun

• Archived User
Tray Sliding
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 07:59:00 PM »

Cookie sheets on the top or bottom? Bottom, and sparks will fly. If they are on the bottom, I don't see the point of the trays...if they are on the top, I don't see the point of the trays either since they will be ruined quickly? Not sure, my cars front wheel drive, but I have a feeling I can tip an SUV over very quickly.

Granulated

• Archived User
Tray Sliding
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 12:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(Arjun @ Apr 22 2006, 09:06 PM) View Post

Cookie sheets on the top or bottom? Bottom, and sparks will fly. If they are on the bottom, I don't see the point of the trays...if they are on the top, I don't see the point of the trays either since they will be ruined quickly? Not sure, my cars front wheel drive, but I have a feeling I can tip an SUV over very quickly.

Put em on the bottom, they won't spark.  Not going fast enough.  Prolly more slippery, too.

If any of you drive cars with questionable transmissions *COUGH* SATURN *COUGH* doing tray slides, and other irresponsible stuff is a surefire bet to throw your diff pin through the wall of your transmission.

lostboyz

• Archived User
Tray Sliding
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 06:30:00 PM »

dont saturns have those gearless automatics?

Granulated

• Archived User
Tray Sliding
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2006, 06:41:00 PM »

CVT or "european" transmission.

They were offered on the Saturn Vue's and maybe even the Saturn Ion's for a short time...none of the new or old models have em.

B1ZKIT

• Archived User
Tray Sliding
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 09:30:00 PM »

My friend and I drifting and tray sliding.   The sliding is towards the end.  tray sliding

ubernewb

• Archived User
Tray Sliding
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 09:40:00 PM »

woulda answered sooner, but teh_interweb has been teh_suk lately  dry.gif  ...

anyways, the cookie sheets slide better but can get fairly warm.. we toss the trays on them to help suck up some heat and give the tires a bit more traction. and we very rarely get sparks.. not saying it doesn't happen, but even when it does... come on, it's cool  cool.gif

hahaha

QUOTE(B1ZKIT @ Apr 26 2006, 04:37 AM) View Post

My friend and I drifting and tray sliding.   The sliding is towards the end.  tray sliding

uhm..... yeah

i'm sorry, but pulling a e-brake 180 is not drifting...  huh.gif drifting can be achieved in a ff, but that ain't it. and as for the trays, they tend to work a bit better on the smooth surface of a parking lot. you guys lost them because the ground was rough and was catching them. you should give it a shot sometime, they stay put a lot longer and you'll have a lot more fun.

B1ZKIT

• Archived User
Tray Sliding
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »

lol, ya im not really the car fanatic so i dont know quite the terms.  Oh well, ya we need to find a flat surface.  I doubt my car would work I'd prolly end up tipping it.  I have a ford escape. lol happy.gif

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
Tray Sliding
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2006, 03:38:00 PM »

i'll post vids of drifting in the snow and 360's not as cool as dry ground but definitely fun

......now i just need it to snow a lot again

Owtlaw333

• Archived User
Tray Sliding
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006, 02:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(ubernewb @ Apr 25 2006, 06:47 PM) View Post

drifting can be achieved in a ff, but that ain't it.

No it can't. Drifting is exclusive to RWD and some AWD with rediculous HP (but with less control probably). I think ur thinking of powersliding which, again, is not drifting.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4