xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Audio Input From A Ipod Or A Psp  (Read 116 times)

lordvader129

• Archived User
Audio Input From A Ipod Or A Psp
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2006, 08:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(WhatsArules? @ Jan 28 2006, 06:16 PM) View Post

Nice, best buy is the expensive shit, ebay is for me

yeah, i probably paid twice as much as i shoudl have, but my old one died and i needed music fast, lol

WhatsArules?

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2006, 11:18:00 PM »

I know what you mean, thats why im looking at this $500 version, but i cant get that new

ubernewb

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2006, 02:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Jan 28 2006, 09:37 PM) View Post

if you replacing a pioneer with another pioneer you should be able to use the same wireing harness, i swapped my old sony for a new sony in literally under a minute (i did it in best buys parking lot right after buiying the new one, lol)

yes, but pioneer's stereos are designed by a bunch of asshats that think it's a super-duper idea to change the plug every single year..

as an installer, there's nothing more annoying than having to redo a wire harness for a pioneer warranty swap. laugh.gif

WhatsArules?

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2006, 06:23:00 AM »

Lol, how much is a normal install, if i have the raido, and all i want is for you to install it

ubernewb

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »

depends, i've seen places charge anywhere from $35-70 .. when i was at best buy it was $49.99 plus any other ridiculous charge that they could tack on. why? cuz they're fucks like that.. at the place i work at now, it's still $50, but we don't believe in charging for that extra bullshit.

it's not hard to do yourself though.. even though the plugs are different, the wire colors on the two decks will be the same.. just do it one wire at a time, cut the yellow wire from the old deck and attach it to the yellow wire of the new deck.. then do the same with every other color

whiteblazer01

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2006, 04:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(ubernewb @ Jan 29 2006, 10:03 AM) View Post
depends, i've seen places charge anywhere from $35-70 .. when i was at best buy it was $49.99 plus any other ridiculous charge that they could tack on. why? cuz they're fucks like that.. at the place i work at now, it's still $50, but we don't believe in charging for that extra bullshit.

ah yes, best buy.  I used to work there too!  Lol, EVERYONE would complain about the $50 labor, and $50 parts!  Then we would have free labor, and everyone would complain about having to pay for parts!  Haha, what a bunch of crap!  hehehee.  

WhatsArules?

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2006, 08:11:00 AM »

It use to be you charged 1/2 the price of the parts as labor, so $50 raido $25 labor

whiteblazer01

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2006, 01:29:00 PM »

Well, its been a while since I worked there, but they are getting very greedy.  They want labor, plus custom labor, plus parts, plus accessories, service plans, magazine subscriptions, best buy card, reward zone...  And I was just install!  I just wonder how many things the sales people were supposed to offer...  rolleyes.gif

WhatsArules?

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2006, 06:38:00 PM »

Well if you get this model, your going to need this harness, and this amp, and this button, and this BJ, so thats.... 2400 after labor. Cash or credit?

Everyone needs a car, and thats where i come in  biggrin.gif

sayguh

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2006, 07:11:00 AM »

I'm a pretty big dummy and posted a thread almost the same as this one yesterday.  If you are not trying to spend a ton of money on a new head unit with aux, I think there's another option.  I know for my car (2002 chevy malibu) i'm thinking of buying a "GM12-AUX"  

http://www.discountc...ail.aspx?ID=446

It simply gives you an auxilary input for ur car.  It's a much cheaper alternative then have'n to buy a new head unit, a wire harness blah blah blah.  If you go to http://www.crutchfield.com and then car audio and video (top left) u can plug in u car make and model and it will limit the items displayed to what u can use in ur car.  then just click on "ipod & portable to factory radio" and it'll show u what you need for an aux input.  

Down side is if u have a 5 disc CD changer in the trunk then that's prob. already hooked up and u'd hafta disconnect that.  Guys let me know if i'm horribly wrong but those are my 2 cents.

******Quick question, don't mean to hijack the post, but to all u installers, how do u know how to get into the head unit?  In my car there's a ton of plastic around the unit from the top of the cd player down to the cigerete lighter, do u just pry that off?  Is ther a website with tutorials for this stuff? Lemme know thnx fellas.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2006, 10:09:00 AM »

I know there are FM transmitters for IPods. I think Ill just hit up the AUX input on my IPOD at some point myself though. That being said Id probably go FM if I didnt have this option. Hell Target and Walmart sell stuff like this. Not sure on the price, but it might be worth checking into.

As far as car stereo Ive ususally been lucky and been able to figure it out myself. If there's an online forum that caters to your car, no doubt someone on it should have an answer for that. Beyond that maybe pick up a repair manual or service manual of some sort.

sayguh

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2006, 03:13:00 PM »

Yeah they have plenty of FM transmitters for ipods, the cheap ones work really poorly in my area (Near DC) there too many strong radio singnals so i had to go with the 100 dollar DLO Transpod, best on the market, but 100 bucks! geez, oh well thnx for the advice.
Pages: 1 [2]