xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Ultimate Ricer  (Read 150 times)

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
Ultimate Ricer
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2005, 06:23:00 PM »

i admit all the work he did with sheetmetal is good but the sub enclosure and the fuel line in the back is fugly not to mention automatic with a fucking tachometer AND hood pins???? WTF who needs hood pins on a stock car

leijae

• Archived User
Ultimate Ricer
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2005, 11:06:00 PM »

it's a 1.5l so i figure it's using all of its horse to haul itself....

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Ultimate Ricer
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2005, 12:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(Psykomantis00 @ Sep 16 2005, 08:49 PM)
You dont know much about cars do you.

Psykomantis00

• Archived User
Ultimate Ricer
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2005, 12:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxhackern00b @ Sep 17 2005, 02:34 AM)
i admit all the work he did with sheetmetal is good but the sub enclosure and the fuel line in the back is fugly not to mention automatic with a fucking tachometer AND hood pins???? WTF who needs hood pins on a stock car

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Ultimate Ricer
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2005, 12:40:00 PM »

When did I ever say that it gets no where near the redline?  I said it automatically shifts before it gets there, even if you do stomp down and jump into the passing gear.  In addition I seriously doubt that a 1.5L Honda engine is going to let you go past the redline with an automatic tranny.  I just don't see it unless you have done some tweaking to the car's CPU.  Once again though Psychoricer, you of all people have NO ROOM to talk when it comes to lack of knowledge about cars.  You were the same idiot making general gas guzzler comments about american performance cars and didn't even bother looking into what cars actually get for gas mileage before making your comments.  You even admitted to it that you just "assumed"  So when you have proven yourself to be full of shit in so many respects in the thread that I linked to above, you have absolutely no room to talk about other people's knowledge of cars.

Psykomantis00

• Archived User
Ultimate Ricer
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2005, 01:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(jesterrace777 @ Sep 17 2005, 08:51 PM)
When did I ever say that it gets no where near the redline?  I said it automatically shifts before it gets there, even if you do stomp down and jump into the passing gear.  In addition I seriously doubt that a 1.5L Honda engine is going to let you go past the redline with an automatic tranny.  I just don't see it unless you have done some tweaking to the car's CPU.  Once again though Psychoricer, you of all people have NO ROOM to talk when it comes to lack of knowledge about cars.  You were the same idiot making general gas guzzler comments about american performance cars and didn't even bother looking into what cars actually get for gas mileage before making your comments.  You even admitted to it that you just "assumed"  So when you have proven yourself to be full of shit in so many respects in the thread that I linked to above, you have absolutely no room to talk about other people's knowledge of cars.

Code-Red

• Archived User
Ultimate Ricer
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2005, 02:01:00 PM »

In general, automatic transmissions are automatically set to shift (at the highest) 4000rpms, and this is only when the ECU senses the car is in overdrive. OD is no longer a seperate gear in the transmission, it is a Program in the ECU that senses how much the accelorator is down, and therefore sets it into overdrive. This, inturn sets the rev limiter on the transmission high for faster acceloration, allowing the car instant power (ex. for passing and highway). Now, very few cars actually hit the REDLINE which (on most cars) is about 6000 revolutions per minute or higher. These cars are generally performance cars, and other than the fact they are auto, they have ShitTronic as well. So, in conclusion, you are wrong. Automatic cars do not reach their redline, and in my opinion, they come nowhere even close.

Sit the fuck down.

Oh and btw, that car is pathetic.

deacon187

• Archived User
Ultimate Ricer
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2005, 02:56:00 PM »

actually the body work is awsome, but i would of instead of doing all that work to sell a POS civic, sold the damn civic as is and did all that work to a new car

btw, if you manually shift gears on an automatic you can easily redline it

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Ultimate Ricer
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2005, 05:38:00 PM »

but its in no way a stock car

What he says:
Engine is stock 1.5 with no modifications, except air intake.

Ok, the man litterally admits the car is stock. In his own auction description. We are refering to the drivetrain. Hood pins dont count as 'performance modifications' and dont give me shit about weight reduction. Unless your going all out, its not goign to affect anythign (esspecially with a damned metal body). If I misunderstood what you were saying, I'm sorry, I appologize in advance.

Capon-E

• Archived User
Ultimate Ricer
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2005, 06:50:00 PM »

love.gif Wow that car is rad! smile.gif

ubernewb

• Archived User
Ultimate Ricer
« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2005, 08:22:00 PM »

wink.gif

the part where the catch was has been drastically changed..

Capon-E

• Archived User
Ultimate Ricer
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2005, 08:42:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif

Psykomantis00

• Archived User
Ultimate Ricer
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2005, 07:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(thewickedjester @ Sep 18 2005, 01:49 AM)
What you said:

thewickedjester

• Archived User
Ultimate Ricer
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2005, 06:41:00 PM »

I said the car isnt stock, I never said the engine wasnt

Alright, I'll bite on that. I sorta misenterpreted what you meant when you said stock. But whatever, I do agree, the car isnt stock completely.

Imagine if he would have done tons of work on whatever your fav car is, even if the engine was stock you would like it.

If anyone did ANY body work (esspecially like this crap ont his car) on ANY of the cars I consider my favorites I would quite literally rip his balls off. All humor/joking/threatening aside, I wouldnt personally like any body work on any of the cars I like, the most I would ever want to see would be shaved door handles and I really wouldnt want those. My point is, I never really care about the body, as long as its strait and had relatively good lines then all I care about is power.

all the body work completely transforms the car

No, it just makes it look fast, and honestly thats an irritating trend with almost all types of cars, to many of them 'look' fast but dont perform. Hence my philosophy of make a car go fast before it looks fast.

All in all, it would make a nice show car if you wanted to put the time and money into it to finish it.

Yeah, I wouldnt disagree with that.

BTW the hoodpins are needed because of the hood mods

Again, it was due to my interpretation of what you said that I said what I said. Yes, hood pins are neccissary for certain mods to the hood, I dont disagree with that, the point I was getting at was to not say that the car istn stock (again, here we go with interpretation of stock meaning something engine, drivetrain, or anything to make the car go faster) because of them.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Ultimate Ricer
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2005, 12:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(Code-Red @ Sep 17 2005, 10:12 PM)
In general, automatic transmissions are automatically set to shift (at the highest) 4000rpms, and this is only when the ECU senses the car is in overdrive. OD is no longer a seperate gear in the transmission, it is a Program in the ECU that senses how much the accelorator is down, and therefore sets it into overdrive. This, inturn sets the rev limiter on the transmission high for faster acceloration, allowing the car instant power (ex. for passing and highway). Now, very few cars actually hit the REDLINE which (on most cars) is about 6000 revolutions per minute or higher. These cars are generally performance cars, and other than the fact they are auto, they have ShitTronic as well. So, in conclusion, you are wrong. Automatic cars do not reach their redline, and in my opinion, they come nowhere even close.
Pages: 1 [2] 3