xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Super Sport Bike/crotch Rocket  (Read 133 times)

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
Super Sport Bike/crotch Rocket
« on: August 04, 2005, 01:13:00 AM »

im 16 and i've always loved riding bikes im really interested in buying a crotch rocket once i get my motorcycles license does anyone recommend anything? im thinking a used R6 or something for my first bike

thewickedjester

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 04:24:00 AM »

If you have the money, go for a Kawasaki Hayabusa, fastest prduction street bike in the world.

Else, I would say go with a new/used Honda CBR 600. Its what I had for my first bike, its fairly affordable, and feels nice to ride, good little bit of power underneath it to.

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 06:54:00 AM »

i wouldnt get anything too nice or expensive for your first, since you will probably drop it or get in an accident from going to fast/being careless. you dont want to be an organ donor that quick. id stay at or under a 500cc bike, but once you get a feel for it spring for something nice

lostboyz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 10:16:00 AM »

looks like a suzuki to me

user posted image

thewickedjester

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 03:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Aug 4 2005, 12:27 PM)
looks like a suzuki to me

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 06:10:00 PM »

Id kill myself on a 'Busa. So will most 16 YOs. It's a stupid bike to get that young. Find something a little easier to learn on. Bikes are WAY to dangerous to be taken as a joke. I've had 3 friends to date kill themselves on motorcycles. And only one was being stupid. The other 2 were just limitations of traction and road conditions. It's a sobering reminder of how dangerous a bike can be.

ClintiePoo

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2005, 06:17:00 PM »

Ever since I got my motorcycle license I've had my eye on the Suzuki SV650S.

user posted image

Not too big, not too small.  I really like it.  Once I get that job as a Mechanical Engineer I'm planning on getting one.

Perplexer

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2005, 10:29:00 PM »

ClintiePoo: Excellent choice, that or the Honda CBR600 which thewickedjester recommended - the CBR600 is probably your best bet.  Easy to ride, seats two, comfortable, and can still haul ass on the track.

xboxhackern00b: Get your license, then take the MSF class, then buy a used bike 600cc or smaller for $1000-2000.  Ride that for about a year, then start looking at the sport bikes.

I love Suzukis.  ESPECIALLY the 'busa!  But I'm getting old, and I needed ONE bike which I could use for sport, touring, commuting, and everything else.

I ride a Suzuki Bandit 1200S.  Still sporty, lots of power, but a more upright riding position, more comfortable for longer trips.

user posted image

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2005, 11:51:00 PM »

what exactly is the MSF class?

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2005, 04:18:00 PM »

that's exactly what i was thinking i know im 16 and i am dumb i'd kill myself on a busa or an R1 and i prolly couldnt afford one anyways

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2005, 04:25:00 PM »

And even the "slow" sports bikes are plenty fast.

ravage73

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2005, 05:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Aug 5 2005, 07:36 PM)
And even the "slow" sports bikes are plenty fast.

action_button

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2005, 10:33:00 PM »

Man those 'busas are ugly as hell. Yea, I would go with something fairly small, like around a 600 cc or so. I'm 16 and have a Honda 650 Nighthawk. Not the fastest bike around, but it's still plenty fast. My dreambike would have to be a Suzuki GSX-R.

thewickedjester

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2005, 06:59:00 AM »

I love Suzukis. ESPECIALLY the 'busa! But I'm getting old, and I needed ONE bike which I could use for sport, touring, commuting, and everything else.

They make a kit for the Ninja (I'm sure they have it for other bikes, but the one my uncle got is for his Ninja) it will relocate the handlebars and footpegs, but keeps them adjustable. So its more like a touring bike, you sit more strait up. But if you want that sport bike ride, you just lower the handlebars and footpegs back down and its justl ike stock.

And yes, I to love the Hayabusa, and its true, you can kill yourself quite easily. Me personally, I say its a good way to, but just for me. Be careful whatever you get, Harley, Suzuki, Honda, hell even a BMX bike, just be careful cause you can get hurt on any of them.

mike96sc2

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2005, 07:26:00 AM »

tongue.gif