xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What Do You Think Of My Mod?  (Read 96 times)

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
What Do You Think Of My Mod?
« on: October 25, 2004, 09:10:00 PM »

I did this mod today, took me about 2 hours. I had to do a lot of wiring around and messing with the fuse box.

Now I just want to get some nice bulbs.....
(IMG:http://home.comcast.net/~moeman949222/mycar/indefogs.jpg)

knicksrule

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 08:39:00 PM »

i think ur car blows

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 10:02:00 PM »

I like it alot. I know there's a lot of little headlight type mods for Probes. 2 of the more popular ones are the sleepy headlight mod and the flip up mod. The sleepy headlight mod involves the headlights not flipping up all the way and producing a look like Sleepy eyes. A lot of people break shit and I really dont wanna bother. I like my headlights up.

The other is for the flip up hgeadlights. In 93 there was a switch to keep the headlights up even while off. So in a state like, I don't know, Maine, the lights wont freeze down. Many people with 94-97s acquire the necessary switch since it makes changing headlights far easier. My car being a 93 has this switch. I've had my headlights down for maybe 1% of the time I owned it. A really interesting fact is the amount of difference that them being down makes at high speeds.

I like the mod. Def a nice touch.

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 12:26:00 AM »

Thanks Rylinkus, the mazda 3's come with these fogs, but you can't turn them on indepedently.

It's a little mod.

Altima NEO

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 01:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (MoeMan949222 @ Oct 26 2004, 07:26 AM)
Thanks Rylinkus, the mazda 3's come with these fogs, but you can't turn them on indepedently.

It's a little mod.

Oooooh! Ok I get it now.

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004, 06:56:00 PM »

so you wanted to be able to turn on the fogs without the headlights?

havocaose

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2004, 08:53:00 PM »

Congrats on making your car illegal, you cant have accessory lighting on without the lowbeams on.. good god.

mike96sc2

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 09:56:00 PM »

QUOTE (Rylinkus @ Oct 25 2004, 11:02 PM)
I like it alot. I know there's a lot of little headlight type mods for Probes. 2 of the more popular ones are the sleepy headlight mod and the flip up mod. The sleepy headlight mod involves the headlights not flipping up all the way and producing a look like Sleepy eyes. A lot of people break shit and I really dont wanna bother. I like my headlights up.

The other is for the flip up hgeadlights. In 93 there was a switch to keep the headlights up even while off. So in a state like, I don't know, Maine, the lights wont freeze down. Many people with 94-97s acquire the necessary switch since it makes changing headlights far easier. My car being a 93 has this switch. I've had my headlights down for maybe 1% of the time I owned it. A really interesting fact is the amount of difference that them being down makes at high speeds.

I like the mod. Def a nice touch.

My Saturn has that switch you're thinking of too. I assumed it was standard regardless of make and generation since my Rx7 had it too. I hate that sleepy eyed mod so much it just looks really sad.

I did see a Probe that did the recessed headlight look and molded their kit so they were recessed with lexan over the top. Looked nice.

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 11:40:00 PM »

QUOTE (havocaose @ Oct 31 2004, 11:56 PM)
Congrats on making your car illegal, you cant have accessory lighting on without the lowbeams on.. good god.

Well, I am not gona be driving at night with it. Just around sun down "evening's", or when it is actually foggy out during the day, early in the mornining...etc etc  wink.gif

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2004, 07:00:00 PM »

10 to 1 says a lot of us have mods that make our cars illegal. I know my testpipe isn't exactly kosher.....  wink.gif

BTW, PGT headlight mods.....

This is the 300ZX conversion that Mike eluded to above.
user posted image
user posted image

The sleepy eye looks something like this.
user posted image

Theres one other "common" conversion and Ill try and get a pic and post. I kind of like the 30 Z conversion since it so drastically changes the look. May not look better then stock, but it's very different.

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2004, 01:37:00 AM »

holy...that yellow one....DRASTIC change.  Love it.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2004, 12:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (mike96sc2 @ Nov 3 2004, 05:56 AM)
My Saturn has that switch you're thinking of too. I assumed it was standard regardless of make and generation since my Rx7 had it too.

Yup, my RX-7 has that option too.  It was funny.  I always wondered what the extra grey button on the side of the dash for.  One day my curiosity got the better of me and then PRESTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Lights flipped up but no lights on.   That was almost as much fun as the day I found out my car had an alarm.   laugh.gif

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2004, 12:11:00 AM »

Here is a new addition................. cool.gif
It's tints, Kudos to anyone who can guess what % it is.
user posted image

el_diablo

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2004, 02:24:00 AM »

69%  ;)

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2004, 01:42:00 AM »

wayyyyyyyy wayyyyyyyy offffffffffffffffffffff.

The lower you go the darker it gets. wink.gif
Pages: [1] 2