• Archived User
Car N00b
« on: May 03, 2004, 04:28:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Car N00b
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 05:15:00 PM »

Maintain it. Too many people get tied up in trying to make a vehichle fast and forget oil changes, replacing suspension, and general tuneups. Make sure everything is in working order before you worry about anything else. From there, you may want to search the net and see if anyone has done anything to that particular truck that may be worth copying.

threefromthekey

• Archived User
Car N00b
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2004, 05:18:00 PM »

i see what you mean, but im looking at this car as more of a car id like to get learning experience from...the has been having a series of minor problems that weve been getting fixed and we need to make a choice between giving it away or keeping it and learning from it...(and i think it needs a new carburator)

BlitzenWagon

• Archived User
Car N00b
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2004, 03:55:00 PM »

wow a carb, how many barrels does it have? (holes in the top, im guessing 2) replace it with a holly 2 barrel ull get more performance from it =-O.

threefromthekey

• Archived User
Car N00b
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 11:48:00 AM »

yea see now when i say im not too experienced with cars im talkin it would be difficult for me to even be able to locate and identify where the carburator is much less replace one lol...any suggestions for smaller things i could do first to kind of get the hang of it?

Rylinkus

• Archived User
Car N00b
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2004, 06:15:00 PM »

Are you sure it has a carb? If it EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection), then it won't.

threefromthekey

• Archived User
Car N00b
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004, 11:24:00 AM »

yea im sure it has a carburator...the reason i cant find it isnt because i know where it usually is and its not there, its that i dont know where to look...but yea i know it has a carburator because my mechanic said so lol

threefromthekey

• Archived User
Car N00b
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 06:14:00 AM »

ok so the carburator is above the engine? and once i get to it do i just have to unscrew it and pop in in there?

o and i live in kansas

shadowarachh

• Archived User
Car N00b
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2004, 02:23:00 PM »

try starting out with one of these:

haynes manual

if you have a local auto parts store go there and get one of these. itll tell you about every part in the truck and tell you step by step how to find, diagnose and repair what ails it.

threefromthekey

• Archived User
Car N00b
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2004, 06:11:00 AM »

sweet that should really help if i can find the manual at my local autozone...thx for the tips everybody