xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Rice Thread (56k Unfriendly)  (Read 186 times)

ravage73

• Archived User
Rice Thread (56k Unfriendly)
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2004, 04:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (tommy2hotty @ Jul 6 2004, 11:28 AM)
Wow you just defined a ricer.. This thread was started to show pictures of the people you just described.  Too bad it only took you 3 pages to figure it out...

And speaking of rice have you seen the bike on this forums with the blue flames on it huh.gif

hey, i have cleared up my beef with the guys on this thread. i was responding
to radams58's post.

and about the bike... it is not stock, the motor has been bored out, it also has a FULL 2 brothers exaust, 4 upgraded carbs, a sharkskinz body, and the flames are not stickers.

bluedeath

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2004, 06:38:00 PM »

I have to jump in.  Here is the Anti-Ricer

user posted image          

Jack Roush edition Stage 3.  I am thinking about trading it in for one of the new retros.

kenji urban

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2004, 08:33:00 PM »

Hey everyone... he is what i am driving. I would REALLY like to know if people think i fit into the "ricer' category? I doubt i do though...

Bio / Mods:  My car is a 1985 Toyota Sprinter ( AE-86 ).

Engine & drivetrain:

*   4A-GE 1.6L twin-cam 20-Valve out of a Jap-spec 1993 (AE-101) Toyota Trueno, converted to RWD. 5 valves per cylinder, Variable Valve Timing and quad throttle bodies all from the factory. Custom alloy bell mouthed ram-tubes to the quad throttle inlet manifold (covered by Unifilter filter socks).
*   Split ignition coil packs from a 4A-GZE.
*   Custom cold air ducting.
*   NGK-R Laser Platinum spark plugs.
*   Cypher oil catch can.
*   Microtech MTX-8 computer. Rev-cut is set at 9000rpm.
*   Exhaust is a custom 4-2-1 HPC ceramic coated extractors & 2.25" piping through a hi-flow 3" cat, all the way to the stainless straight through muffler.
*   Jap-spec T-50 alloy case 5 speed gearbox with a custom short shift kit.
*   Jap-spec 6.7" LSD with a custom Diff Technics 4.11 center containing billet LSD hats and larger axle bearings.

Suspension:

* GAB 4-way adjustable front coilovers
* TRD 8-way adjustable rear shocks
* K-Mac race-spec rear springs
* K-Mac sway bars front & rear
* Whiteline adjustable panhard rod
* Whiteline front strut tower brace
* Custom alloy roll-center adjusters
* Cusco adjustable strut-top camber plates

Brakes:

*   Brakes are 4-piston calipers & 11-inch vented rotors from a Mazda RX-7 Series IV (FC3S) Turbo on the front.
*   Jap-spec disc brakes on the rear
*   all running EBC kevlar pads w/ AP Racing fluid.

Interior:

*   Full retrim in black
*   w/ red Sparco 'Road' fixed racing buckets,
*   Momo steering wheel & gearknob and Sparco alloy pedals.
*   Autometer Oil Pressure & Water Temeprature Gauges

Body:

*   Full restoration in 2-pack solid black.
*   Sparco hood pins.
*   Windows tinited to 5%
*   Factory boot spoiler
Wheels/Tyres:

*   15" X 7" Performance Superlights
*   Falken Azenis ST-115 195/50/15 tyres

Power/Weight:

*   86 Kw (120 HP) at the rear wheels.
*   950 Kg (2000 lbs)

What does everyone think?
Yah? Nah?

tommy2hotty

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2004, 09:19:00 PM »

QUOTE (bluedeath @ Jul 7 2004, 03:38 AM)
I have to jump in.  Here is the Anti-Ricer

user posted image          

Jack Roush edition Stage 3.  I am thinking about trading it in for one of the new retros.

A non functional air scoop??/  Sounds like rice... unless you have an intercooler mounted under the scoop...  Anyways whats the difference between a stage 3 roush and the ones that come from the ford dealership...  I know the ones straight from ford are nothing but pure cosmetics and maybe some lowering but nothing special...

miazmaticdotcom

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2004, 03:24:00 AM »

No one has pics of ricers with their neons turned on?

bluedeath

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2004, 06:17:00 AM »

QUOTE (tommy2hotty @ Jul 7 2004, 06:19 AM)
A non functional air scoop??/  Sounds like rice... unless you have an intercooler mounted under the scoop...  Anyways whats the difference between a stage 3 roush and the ones that come from the ford dealership...  I know the ones straight from ford are nothing but pure cosmetics and maybe some lowering but nothing special...

It's the rally along with cold air induction.

The Stage 3 Sport package includes a Roush 4.6L SOHC Supercharged Powertrain, Roush PBR Brake system, and dramatically styled exterior package.

The Stage 3 Rally version includes all the features offered in the Sport package, then adds the sophisticated Roush V-8 suspension system, 18” wheels, racing-style alloy pedals and white-faced gauges, all thoughtfully designed and engineered to balance performance and ride quality.

The diference was $11,000.

tommy2hotty

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2004, 06:23:00 AM »

QUOTE (bluedeath @ Jul 7 2004, 03:17 PM)
It's the rally along with cold air induction.

The Stage 3 Sport package includes a Roush 4.6L SOHC Supercharged Powertrain, Roush PBR Brake system, and dramatically styled exterior package.

The Stage 3 Rally version includes all the features offered in the Sport package, then adds the sophisticated Roush V-8 suspension system, 18” wheels, racing-style alloy pedals and white-faced gauges, all thoughtfully designed and engineered to balance performance and ride quality.

The diference was $11,000.

OK so you are telling me that underneath the scoop is a cold air intake...  it doesn't seem too practical to put a CAI right above a hot engine to get heat soaked.

bluedeath

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2004, 06:47:00 AM »

The cold air intake is not located underneath the scoop.  Looking underneath the hood from the front its on the far left.

tommy2hotty

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2004, 11:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (mike96sc2 @ Jul 7 2004, 08:01 PM)
I think the complaint was more of the fake hood scoop and the fake rear brake vents the this generation of Mustang has. Not really disrespecting the car as much as Ford's attempt to put something fake and useless on the car in attempt to make it look cool. Another example would be the new Cavaliers which I swear must come with 40 foot aluminum wings out of the factory nowadays. Maybe that J-Body with the 4 cylinder can make it fly.

DING DING DING we got a winnAr. beerchug.gif

bluedeath

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2004, 12:06:00 PM »

This is not ford's stock mustang.  Are you familiar with John Saline and Jack Roush?  Ever heard of a Salene mustang?  This is a Roush mustang.  I bought this thing from a dealer with a stage 2 Roush (used).   I sent it back to have them add the stage 3 components that I wanted such as the V-8 suspension and the PBR brake system, and the 4.6L.   After dumping $18,000 into a stock mustang it becomes this beast.

bluedeath

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2004, 01:41:00 PM »

To be honest I am one of those guys who buys without knowing what's going on.  I usually take someone I trust and seek their counsel. My friend who works for a Chevrolet dealership did the talking.  We took it out for it's first test-drive and got it up to 130 without feeling it.  I wanted something that could go up against a vette without a problem and he recommended I buy it and have it taken up to a stage 3.  I still love my blazer more than the stang.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2004, 07:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (bluedeath @ Jul 7 2004, 09:06 PM)
This is not ford's stock mustang.  Are you familiar with John Saline and Jack Roush?  Ever heard of a Salene mustang?  This is a Roush mustang.  I bought this thing from a dealer with a stage 2 Roush (used).   I sent it back to have them add the stage 3 components that I wanted such as the V-8 suspension and the PBR brake system, and the 4.6L.   After dumping $18,000 into a stock mustang it becomes this beast.

Have some repsect. SALEEN. If you're gonna promote the car learn who tuned the damn thing.

My issue with Mustangs is the same as my issue with Camaros. You buy a Saleen Syang or mod the hell out of an LS1 and some jackass with a V6 ATX and a mullet thinks your cars are "twins". Happens with my Camaro when I ocassionally drive it. Pishes me off something fierce.

bluedeath

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2004, 06:03:00 AM »

I am not promoting "Celine".  I am really not that impressed with either of them.  After dropping some money Into the Roush I have decided to trade it in for either a vette or one of the new retros.  I get bored quick anyways.  Anybody got any thoughts on the new retros?  I test drove a Z06 two weeks ago while I was in Seattle.  It has the torque but it gets squirrelly real quick.  I am surprised how quick my wife's highlander is.  You don't see that coming.

Rylinkus

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2004, 06:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (bluedeath @ Jul 8 2004, 03:03 PM)
I am not promoting "Celine".  I am really not that impressed with either of them.  After dropping some money Into the Roush I have decided to trade it in for either a vette or one of the new retros.  I get bored quick anyways.  Anybody got any thoughts on the new retros?  I test drove a Z06 two weeks ago while I was in Seattle.  It has the torque but it gets squirrelly real quick.  I am surprised how quick my wife's highlander is.  You don't see that coming.

Really depends what you're looking for. Price range? Just a toy, or a usable car too? straight lines or are corners necessary? There's a lot of wonderful cars on the market. Really just depends on what your needs/wants are.
Pages: 1 2 [3]